Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    why don't you just put another race in simc? Also, Orc is used in the BiS profile for a reason.
    Don't you think I tried that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    Still MY simcraft gets strange results for scale factors, so I don't trust it in this question.
    My simc result is, that Troll is far better. That's why I'm asking...
    But thanks - i realy didn't recognize that Orc is used in the BiS setup.

Deleted
    Also if you are SB-cleaving on mobs that die almost instantly like on Malkorok, the behaviour is often very weird.
    No damage on the dying add but the havoced target does get hit, embers lost etc... It has always been buggy to me :s

I'm currently doing Flex and LFR content and I need to know which trinkets will be optimal for me, I have all of ToTs trinkets including the Shadow Pan 530 trinket, UVLS, Wooshalays, and the one that drops off Magera, I just got the Toxic trinket that drops off the dark Shaman LFR and I have the 535 Yu'lin trinket. Which of these trinkets should I have equipped? I have not had any Flex trinkets drop yet. My ilevel is 448. I just switched from Demo to Destro and could use the help. (My damage went up 40k!)

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    Havoc hasn't been copying my shadowburn dmg since last night? Think it's a bug or a hotfix nerf?
    Havoc won't copy spells to the Havoc'd target if you're targeting the Havoc'd target and using a mouseover/focus/tot/whatever macro to cast the other spell.

Lazy coding. Wooo.

Deleted
    Best 2 trinkets for Destro?

Got Flex Bindings (548), HCTF Breath (549) and BB (561). I would asume Flex+BB, but not sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Code:
    # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=warm_sun
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=mogu_fish_stew
    actions.precombat+=/dark_intent,if=!aura.spell_power_multiplier.up
    actions.precombat+=/summon_pet,if=!talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled|buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.down
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/grimoire_of_sacrifice,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled
    actions.precombat+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    actions.precombat+=/jade_serpent_potion

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=time<5|!buff.dark_soul.up&(trinket.proc.intellect.react|(cooldown_react&target.time_to_die<30))
    actions+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>3
    actions+=/summon_doomguard
    actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight&active_enemies>1
    actions+=/havoc,target=2,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&(burning_ember>3.5|mana.pct<=20|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<20|buff.havoc.stack>=1|(trinket.has_proc.intellect&trinket.proc.intellect.react))
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.dark_soul.react&dot.immolate.crit_pct<(stat.crit+30)&ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&miss_react
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=stat.spell_power>spell_power&ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&miss_react&dot.immolate.crit_pct<(stat.crit+30)
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<cast_time&target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react
    actions+=/conflagrate,if=charges=2&buff.havoc.stack=0
    actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight,moving=1
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86|(active_enemies>1&action.incinerate.cast_time<1))&(burning_ember>(4.5-active_enemies)|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_time))
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.havoc.stack=3&buff.havoc.remains>cast_time)
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate

actions.aoe=summon_infernal
    actions.aoe+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight
    actions.aoe+=/havoc,target=2,if=burning_ember>=3.5&ember_react&target.health.pct<=20
    actions.aoe+=/shadowburn,if=burning_ember>=3.5&ember_react&buff.havoc.stack>=1
    actions.aoe+=/fire_and_brimstone,if=ember_react&buff.fire_and_brimstone.down
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up&!ticking
    actions.aoe+=/conflagrate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/incinerate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking
    Note that it's not 100% set up for including any movement sims.
    Pls, may you post the last APL that you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Best 2 trinkets for Destro?

Got Flex Bindings (548), HCTF Breath (549) and BB (561). I would asume Flex+BB, but not sure?
    If you think you can be good at getting bolts out under BB, then use Bindings + BB, if not then use Breath + Bindings.

Silly Destruction Question

Greetings, folks.

I'm goofing around with an alt. that is destruction specced. This won't be taken it too seriously, but I do prefer to play him real fun like. At what point does crit diminishes too much? 30%?

I moved your post to the Destruction sticky. Please use the search function or look at the stickies next time, and post spec related questions in these stickies. You're more likely to get an answer there, as that's the thread most people use for those purposes. It also helps keep our forums a fair bit more tidy.

- Alarinth

This is a needless move as it's not a theory craft question.
    Last edited by WildcatTM; 2013-10-02 at 10:05 PM.

I'm sure you're busy Brusalk, but that front page could seriously use an update. It still says things like to use fel flame instead of incinerates outside of backdraft. Many people, such as myself, frequently check that front page for updates. Instead the same questions are answered/asked over and over again in the thread that should be there... I know that is inevitable to some extent but nonetheless the update would be read and appreciated.

Meanwhile I have the same results as nearly everyone else with simcraft at around 560 it lv, it likes haste just as much as the other stats, even in aoe simulations. In fact it really loves that haste point around 10124 with a passion.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-10-02 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Havoc won't copy spells to the Havoc'd target if you're targeting the Havoc'd target and using a mouseover/focus/tot/whatever macro to cast the other spell.

Lazy coding. Wooo.
    Wow I wish I had caught this sooner. Think of the BILLIONS of DAMAGE I've lost!!!!! Thanks for the insight though. Thorough as always.

Wow I wish I had caught this sooner. Think of the BILLIONS of DAMAGE I've lost!!!!! Thanks for the insight though. Thorough as always.
    Agreed. I had come to distrust the macros themselves, thinking there was something wrong with them.

I guess the lesson is to apply Havoc with a mouseover macro (and not target that mob).
    Last edited by Zmon; 2013-10-02 at 11:27 PM.

I'm pretty sure this is from Brusalk, but I use this:

/stopcasting
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]

And it allows me to Shadowburn things while my target is Havoced

If it works for you it's Brusalks.

If it doesn't it's my bad.

As far as dummy testing goes I am able to cast havoc on my target, have it targeted and mouseover shadowburn another target and have both hit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] shadowburn

so this part is essentially a shadowburn mouseover macro?

Deleted
    Havoc hasn't been copying my shadowburn dmg since last night? Think it's a bug or a hotfix nerf?
    I have noticed this since 5.4, and I think it is happening ONLY when i use my Mouseover shadowburn macro, which is very annoying, not reported it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    so this part is essentially a shadowburn mouseover macro?
    Yes. The /stopcasting isn't mine, but it's fine in there.

Basically the point is just to clear your target, and then restore your target after Shadowburning. (And only doing it if you're using the mouseover part)

If you are caught with affliction gear and transitioning to destro....and you just can't get your haste below say 10K'ish is it worth hitting the 10124 (?) breakpoint for immolate? If I pull some heavy handed moves I might be able to get it down to 9xxx haste but really following socket bonus and hit cap its not going below 12K till I can get different gear. (565'ish ilvl) That's gemmed mastery, forged out of haste where possible, etc...

Question: Is there a low haste cap for Destro? The current conventional wisdom seems to be mastery>crit>haste, but can you have too little haste? I just used ReforgeLite to go from Aff back to Destro (happy to make that change), and it got me all the way down to ~4k Haste, after I removed some haste gems too. And this is with HC Breath equipped.

Should I stay at least at a certain haste level?

What's the preferred offset now for dest? Helm off Immerseus and 4x set elsewise? I'd imagine progression trinkets are obvious enough....amp and KTT. Everything else mast/hit or mast/crit for offpieces I'd imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    What's the preferred offset now for dest? Helm off Immerseus and 4x set elsewise? I'd imagine progression trinkets are obvious enough....amp and KTT. Everything else mast/hit or mast/crit for offpieces I'd imagine...
    the tier shoulders are haste+crit so it a no brainer for destro,afflic,demo the shoulders are the offpiece, can use the duo chong or whatever (hit+mastery) or norushen (crit+mastery) shoulders