Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I have 12 90's.............now what?
    I have more max leveled alts this expansion than any before it, and they're all max profession'd and SoO LFR eligible. I've had literally zero of the issues that OP is describing.

Using the cloak as an example is just awful. I mean really, did you have fun getting the firelands legendary on your alt?

If anything, MoP gave too much love to alts. I won't completely disagree if you said that alts got strangled this expac, but they got strangled with love.

15+ Year Old Account
    For just pvp it is not too bad to have alts.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

No, they didn't try to kill alts, they simply wanted more to do for people who only one character, or for those of us who like to keep a main, by 5.3 I had my first eleven alts to 90 while maintaining a decently geared main, who is a Pandaren Monk, so I had to level him from 1 to 90 when the expansion launched. By the launch of 6.0 I hope to have my 22 alts to 90. Not to mention I was able to finish all of my transmog sets for this first alts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Welfare Legendary?

To my knowledge the only thing a casual player might need the legendary cloak for is Ordos. If you consider yourself more than casual then you should stop complaining and get to work.

I'm going to call it now...one, maybe two expansions, and Legendaries will be handed out like epics are now because of self-entitled babies that think their owed just because they leveled another toon.
    Sorry I'm late with the reply: Shut up.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-10-03 at 05:33 PM.

It's always seemed to me that popularity of alts = a sure sign that content being consumed rather quickly. It's neat experiencing things from a different angle of course, but really.. it's still the same fight.

I guess we playing different game or waht shit do you smoking OP?!
    I got 5 chars good geared have legendary things on them even, I raised 2/3 of my gold on them, I have lfr/flex to run on them, or do PvP , cap Conquest, VP fast, get rep, soon even get dicent heirloom BoA weapons
    MoPe is waaaaaaay far alts friendly

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem, mainly, is the legendary quest line. It's impossible start a new 90 right now without being WAY behind by default. It's WAY too time consuming to catch up on the legendary quest line.

Then add to that the scarcity of weapons above 476 (which is a LAUGHABLE ilvl at this point), the scarcity of good trinkets, and the low ilvl of the "catch-up" gear on the Isle (barring the ridiculous RNG-fest that is Burden of Eternity farming). So your alt is 50 ilvls behind at least, with no access to any useful weapons, limited access to trinkets, and no legendary items which are tremendously powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Renx View Post
    Anyways I think 5.4 made gearing alts a lot better. I like the idea of the timeless isle, but it's just so damn boring. I hate to say it, but I miss the Token system (ToC/ICC one) for alts. I really dislike having to use LFR as a means to gear up. I don't HATE LFR, I understand it's there for people who just want to dip in and out of a raid which is great. I just hated how it became part of the gear progression (Kind of went away during 5.4, but not fully). I'd much rather see Flex take LFRs spot for the "Easier" gear stepping stone raid and LFR be their for the people it was ment for in my eyes. Also for the love of god can dailies never be part of the gear progression again. I don't mind it for enchants/mount/patterns/other things. In the end this is all my opinion I'll live with whatever Blizzard decides to do in the future.
    Before 5.4, VP gear was much better than LFR gear and frankly given the LFR drop rates I got half my VP gear before I got LFR pieces for the right slots. So you absolutely did not need to do LFR. There were heaps of other ways to cap VP (and that's exactly what I did for months). But it was still beneficial if you did want to.

Also, when H Scens were introduced, they dropped better gear than LFR (which frankly was excessive).

If you prefer Flex to LFR then do it instead. There is no need to do LFR if you're willing to run Flex as the gear is inferior. It might help you get a few off pieces until Flex gives you a drop, or help you gear an alt, that's about it. Personal accountability here IMO.

Dailies were "needed" in 5.0 and never again (even then, if you raided you would eventually replace that rep gear anyway - my guild cleared all of MSV in the week it opened, before anyone had enough VP to even buy any of that gear so it was hardly required). If you look at the whole expansion MoP probably had less gated behind dailies than previous expansions really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    All the free 496 junk in the world doensnt amount to shit when you're dead weight without any of the legendary perks. The cloaks should be account wide, end of story.
    If you're in full 496s that means you're a completely fresh alt with no gear from ToT/VP. So yeah, you do need to gear up, that's how the game works. No you can't just have the full cloak, you have to re-progress the chain if you want it (at a far greater speed than the first time you ran it).

P.S. On single target the cloak proc accounts for about 4-5% of my DPS. Hardly makes you "dead weight". Go get some gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    The problem, mainly, is the legendary quest line. It's impossible start a new 90 right now without being WAY behind by default. It's WAY too time consuming to catch up on the legendary quest line.
    I've done exactly that three times. Twice in ToT and once in SoO. It is REALLY fast. You will progress through the first phase in like 1-2 weeks, then 3 weeks for the 3000 VP, then the ToT tokens are maybe another 4 weeks? So like 8ish weeks assuming you start completely from scratch on a brand new 90? And all you need to do is queue for the old LFRs that you would be doing anyway. It really couldn't be easier without being tied in a ribbon and mailed to you.

If you want to start a brand new alt and immediately have a legendary, well no, you have to progress in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole time I been back this xpac I've wanted to go mine on my dk alt or herb on a different alt but without flying this is impossible. And I'm not going to level my alt with boring quests just so I can mine for fun. That's the other thing if you like leveling alts in dungeons nope. 80-82 there is 2 dungeons to do. 82-84 another only 2 dungeons. They get so boring because there is only 2 choice. Dungeons don't even give much xp. At 89 a dungeon gave me like 4% toward level. Ok 20-25 dungeons for 89-90?? Really that's like 20x 20mins+10min queue usually longer. That's like 10 hours of dungeon for one level !

Mop killed alts with no flying and only 2 dungeon to do over and over. Temple of jade serpent or stormstout brewery. Idk I done them both like 10 times just to get 81.5 who cares which is next

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yes, Ofcourse Blizzard would try and kill off one of if not the biggest reason the majority of people play, I don't know anyone anymore that sticks to one character, You're talking crap I'm afraid, go get some sleep because you're jibbering
    No, he is right!
    I play alts and the things I had to do on my main didnot give me any chance to level alts and progress it.

yeah, overtime they turned that around, but MoP began as a very alt-unfriendly xpac.

Before Timeless Isle, if a person knew what they were doing they could get into ToT their first or second week at 90 without much problem. Now with Isle you can Get their your first day at 90, and likely get into SoO with just a week's worth of grinding. Right now the only problem with alts is the legendary questline, which isn't *too* bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    The whole time I been back this xpac I've wanted to go mine on my dk alt or herb on a different alt but without flying this is impossible. And I'm not going to level my alt with boring quests just so I can mine for fun. That's the other thing if you like leveling alts in dungeons nope. 80-82 there is 2 dungeons to do. 82-84 another only 2 dungeons. They get so boring because there is only 2 choice. Dungeons don't even give much xp. At 89 a dungeon gave me like 4% toward level. Ok 20-25 dungeons for 89-90?? Really that's like 20x 20mins+10min queue usually longer. That's like 10 hours of dungeon for one level !

Mop killed alts with no flying and only 2 dungeon to do over and over. Temple of jade serpent or stormstout brewery. Idk I done them both like 10 times just to get 81.5 who cares which is next
    With the experience needed for each level nerfed in 5.2, it takes about an hour per level if you quest. It's super fast and easy now. Last night I got 33% of 89-90 in about 10 quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait.. what? What is your main problem? Myself, I have too many alts.. I try to keep them on the same server.. but it's impossible to have all 90's + current alts being leveled in no time.

Auction House nerfs? Was pretty easy to keep your alts geared as you leveled, you almost had check points for it.

Yay, 85 - Gear from vendor unless better.
    Yay, 87 - Gear from vendor unless better.
    Yay, 88 - Gear from vendor unless better.

(During your leveling time, remember to look for relics, world BoA's and rares to up your XP gain)

As you reached lvl 90, you were then meeted with a whole crafted ilvl 450 set - but now you have Timeless Isle, so you can get a whole ilvl 496 set within short time.

And the leveling itself was not difficult either, it's not supposed to be easy to have multiple alts + main. But leveling back in MoP was quite fine to me, without the nerf in XP gained, I already had 4 lvl 90 alts within no time. Then the nerf came, and suddenly I'm at 17 lvl 90's. Felt almost like an explosion, really not sure if that was to be right. You can go from lvl 1 to lvl 90 with the basic bought looms and a guild buff of 10% - takes about 4 days tops, as a casual leveler.

And the zones were so smooth and easy to go through, you didn't even have to select. It was a multiple choice for you.

Welcome to Jade Forest, you must continue within the green lush forest till Yu'lon takes your to your next stage (now, I can easily get to 87 before needing to leave Jade Forest, shameful). Welcome to Valley of the four winds, follow Chen for a moment to the Inn. You know have multiple options, do you wish to aid them in the Valley or venture within the wilds - of course taking valley. You proceed there till you have completed the Half Hill quests and Chen leaves with the brew ((remember to unlocked the farm) At that time, I'm 88-88½). Venture to Kun Lai, do the quests you pass. You complete quests within Kun Lai till you have unlocked the Horde/Alliance camp. Then you have choices again, at 88½-89, do you wanna complete Kun Lai, go to Townlong or Dreadwastes? Selecting Townlong of course, heading there for a short bit, completing the quests as I pass them - the last XP that was needed, is gained before you have to attack the Sha beneath the tree. (Memory is bad, mornings are slow, don't recall it's name).

DING!!! Level 90 unlocked.

Now, time to equip yourself. Timeless Isle got us covered now, there is no need as you've been there with your main and maybe multiple alts. Your alt gets geared to 496 within moments, and you sigh to yourself as you notice that you are missing a good weapon and/or shield. You have to dungeon for that, unless you're a heavy altoholic. As a heavy altoholic, you would have the world BoA weapons needed (+ crafted 3 from inscription and arch). You now have a weapon that you can use till you find one within ToT LFR.

Venturing into the LFR with blues is no problem anymore, people take time to not care about others, you just hope you don't have a team member who keeps staring at the meter. A weapon is optained, that is what you needed, you're close to SoO LFR!

Guess what, it gets better! Shado-pan is having a sale on their items on Isle of Thunder, almost everything unlocked at friendly (except 2 things). This will give you the last points you need, buying bracers/ring/neck, you only actually need 2 of them. They are so cheap now if you have done enough of the previous LFR/HC's to have some points.

The last of your alt time, you venture into SoO and fight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    In cata i leveled like 15 characters to 85 in mop i leveled 3 to 90...i prefer the mop method of having lots to do on one main while still sharing the rewards ie. pets/ mounts / achievements...it means i don't feel required to level characters that i don't necessarily enjoy as i know if i choose to level them up one day they wont be left behind.

Honestly I felt this expansion was so bad it abruptly ended an 8 year addiction of me playing between 4-8 hours every day.

Truth is after leveling my main through the crappy content and the first tier of raiding i had no desire to level an alt because the gameplay and storyline were both lackluster and highly agitating compared to that of all other expansions.

Deleted
    Lmao, OP you can not be serious. Blizzard has gone specifically out of their way to implement things that make levelling and gearing alts easier. The thing is though, alts are alts at the end of the day, they shouldn't have OMGTHEBEST gear just because your main does. The way it has been in MoP has been more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Honestly I felt this expansion was so bad it abruptly ended an 8 year addiction of me playing between 4-8 hours every day.

Truth is after leveling my main through the crappy content and the first tier of raiding i had no desire to level an alt because the gameplay and storyline were both lackluster and highly agitating compared to that of all other expansions.
    Yep Cata storyline (green Jesus saves the day against big bad who most players don't know past he's an angry dragon) was awesome, as was entire features getting delayed and scrapped

Deleted
    It was never easier to level and gear an alt as this expansion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Yet you stuck around through Crapaclysm? Sounds to me like you are simply bored and burnt out, doubt it's the expansion itself being bad because a lot of us think WoW is in a good place right now.