Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the addons that have changed the blizzard default interface, i.e. the ones that blizzard have taken and built into the game officially, their creators should really be reimbursed in some way. Maybe free wow time forever or something nice.
    Hi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    If Blizzard made a LFG tool (which they had and no one used) that forces you to add random people to your Battle.net friend list people would be crying rivers. That is what OQueue really does, it is more of a Battle.net friend finder than a realm group finder, but since Blizz didn't make it cynics fall in love with it.

When OQueue does the group finding on it's own, without needing the Battle.net friend list system to create a network of contacts, then you can say some guy made a feature that should be in the game. Right now it's just an addon that cleverly works around the system's limitations until the developers finish work on those limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe right now they don't have the human-resources to pull someone from something else to put them on that job instead, and possibly nor do they want to hire an extra person just for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the addons that have changed the blizzard default interface, i.e. the ones that blizzard have taken and built into the game officially, their creators should really be reimbursed in some way. Maybe free wow time forever or something nice.
    Considering the going rate of a senior or even mid range programmer in the industry $35 - over $100 an hour (at times). I'm thinking more like 10's of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for some of these addons ( taking into consideration at times the thousands of hours of development work ).

But yes, it would be nice if they were compensated in some way other than the mesely amounts they recieve from curse ( if anything ).

But, on the other hand the user base could always send some beer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    When OQueue does the group finding on it's own, without needing the Battle.net friend list system to create a network of contacts, then you can say some guy made a feature that should be in the game. Right now it's just an addon that cleverly works around the system's limitations until the developers finish work on those limitations.
    Not really possible to do unless they open up another channel for communications behind the scene, and make it available to addon authors.

Asking oQueue to work without battle.net whispers atm and no other alternative is like asking a modern pc to turn on without a source of electricity.
    Last edited by Ronburggundy; 2013-10-03 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Oqueue is great, Have said before Blizz needs to invent a lobby type system for group making. Spamming trade has never been useful. Look how the majority of games have worked on PC over the years you load a list of servers, search for what you want and play. Why Blizz went for random matchmaking has always puzzled me.

Since the addon author is in the thread I figured I'd post it here.
    I just learned about oqueue and am trying to use it to get a group for Ordos. I joined a premade but didn't get changed into the leader's realm. My guess it is because I'm on a brazilian realm, so I can't xrealm with US servers even through the btag firends list and it's a server limitation thing. Is this really the case ? Ordos is prety much the only reason I got the addon, since it's pretty hard to get groups for him if you don't kill him on tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Oqueue is great, Have said before Blizz needs to invent a lobby type system for group making. Spamming trade has never been useful. Look how the majority of games have worked on PC over the years you load a list of servers, search for what you want and play. Why Blizz went for random matchmaking has always puzzled me.
    In some regards I like how you can que for content because it avoids situations I often find in games like BF3 or DayZ (Arma II mod) where there are tons of servers with like 3 / 20 people in the them, or similar.

Eventually they might fill up but nobody really wants to join the game with 3 / 10 or 20 people in it.

But with oQueue you can get a group of 5 - 10 , or whatever and then que into a game that wont be empty.

Together they work nicely. Separately idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobedesce View Post
    Since the addon author is in the thread I figured I'd post it here.
    I just learned about oqueue and am trying to use it to get a group for Ordos. I joined a premade but didn't get changed into the leader's realm. My guess it is because I'm on a brazilian realm, so I can't xrealm with US servers even through the btag firends list and it's a server limitation thing. Is this really the case ? Ordos is prety much the only reason I got the addon, since it's pretty hard to get groups for him if you don't kill him on tuesday.
    Not sure what region BR servers fall into, but oceanic realms and players are not able to see US players or be transferred to their realms.

Unfortunately this is a common issue for non-US users. It has been suggested that leaders indicate what region they reside in when creating a raid / premade group, in order to avoid these complications, but at the moment it is up to the leader to specify this information.
    Last edited by Ronburggundy; 2013-10-03 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Grammar

One of the real killer features is the karma / blacklist stuff. Blizzard could never implement that properly in their queue finder as that would eventually cause all the trolls/haters/morons to get left out in the cold with nobody to carry them.

Blizzard would never implement this - list like they've refused to implement account-wide ignores.

Blizzard pulling the ''resources'' card is getting very old very fast.

Because they're lazy. There's so many ADDONS that should be BASELINE. Can't they just buy it from the authors and polish them up? Quartz, Bagnon, MSBT, Bartender4(but with some good artwork), OmniCC... the list goes on. Their excuse is probably that there's no need since there's an addon for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Do you think Blizzard has dozens of developers sitting around playing Minecraft or Hearthstone waiting for a new task to be thrown their way? Any new thing you want done would require someone to be tasked with doing it, and any time that person (or people) spent on that new task would be time they're not spending on their current task(s).
    Last edited by Khime; 2013-10-03 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Makes plenty of sense. All the developers have their priorities to fulfill and that wasn't one of them. Of course, any employee could have made something like that in their off hours but...it comes down to what Blizzard believes it worth the investment and they felt it wasn't. There are tons of "easy" things I could add into any of the projects I work on but my company frequently says no because it's not worth the investment.
    Why is it that at a company like Google you see workers encouraged to work on their own projects, some of which have evolved into major initiatives, yet Blizzard seems unable to do something similar, regardless of the fact that they are also a multi-billion dollar company? Why is there so much more enthusiasm at companies like Facebook/Twitter/Zappos/Air B&B etc, but that enthusiasm seems dead at Blizzard?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Because they're lazy. There's so many ADDONS that should be BASELINE. Can't they just buy it from the authors and polish them up? Quartz, Bagnon, MSBT, Bartender4(but with some good artwork), OmniCC... the list goes on. Their excuse is probably that there's no need since there's an addon for it...
    No thank you, I don't use any of those addons so I hardly see the requirement for them to be baseline. Just because some people like having things a certain way or pretty flashy graphics doesn't mean other people want to see that. I agree with you that there are some addons that should be baseline, though I don't have any on the top of my head (haven't tried all several thousand of them), but the ones you listed certainly aren't required.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaia View Post
    No thank you, I don't use any of those addons so I hardly see the requirement for them to be baseline. Just because some people like having things a certain way or pretty flashy graphics doesn't mean other people want to see that. I agree with you that there are some addons that should be baseline, though I don't have any on the top of my head (haven't tried all several thousand of them), but the ones you listed certainly aren't required.
    May not baseline but... as an option? Moveable cast bars, fused bags, simple damage text, moveable action bars, countdown timer on abilities... I'm sure many non-addon users would want some of these without having to download an addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

People bitching about everything was old a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Makes plenty of sense. All the developers have their priorities to fulfill and that wasn't one of them. Of course, any employee could have made something like that in their off hours but...it comes down to what Blizzard believes it worth the investment and they felt it wasn't. There are tons of "easy" things I could add into any of the projects I work on but my company frequently says no because it's not worth the investment.
    Ehh really? How much suckin up do they tell you to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    There does seem to be an issue with "Friend request sent" and "Friend request received" popping up alot when I've not done anything. It really does make me edgy because I keep thinking I'm spamming friend request to people.

I think oQueue-like functionality will make it into the game eventually. It's basically a b.net hackjob that tens of thousands are already using to get extremely beneficial functionality that other games already have. I'm sure that most if not all of the people knocking the idea or are skeptical about the utility of oQ have never used it and after five minutes alone with it they'd be singing its praises asking why the )#(*$ it's not built into the game. For one thing I'm sure using b.net in this way is unintended, for another thing there is precedent for popular addons being incorporated into the game in some way, most notably Quest Helper, and oQueue adds every bit as much to the game as QH did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    If Blizzard made a LFG tool (which they had and no one used) that forces you to add random people to your Battle.net friend list people would be crying rivers. That is what OQueue really does, it is more of a Battle.net friend finder than a realm group finder, but since Blizz didn't make it cynics fall in love with it.

Obviously if it were a tool developed internally by Blizzard the crossrealm b.net activity would happen invisibly to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Why is it that at a company like Google you see workers encouraged to work on their own projects, some of which have evolved into major initiatives, yet Blizzard seems unable to do something similar, regardless of the fact that they are also a multi-billion dollar company? Why is there so much more enthusiasm at companies like Facebook/Twitter/Zappos/Air B&B etc, but that enthusiasm seems dead at Blizzard?
    They aren't? Has every pet project at Google been embraced and made into a full fledged priority of Google? Or just those that seem worth it? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps