Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    -Lissandra as support, although I've heard she isn't a very good support
    IMO, Lissandra support can be fine, but her laning phase is terrible..which is the part that matters most really. It's hard to play well enough going into mid game unless the enemy is just piss poor. If you manage it, somehow, she does shine pretty well as she's such a cc bot.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    So, I'm up to 6.3k ip, and deciding what to buy. I usually play support or solo top in normal 5v5 games (I don't usually play ranked or draft). My options are :
    -Zac for solo top
    -Nautilus as support or solo top (don't know how he's doing lately really, I'd like to hear opinions)
    -Lissandra as support, although I've heard she isn't a very good support

Opinions on these?. I dont really jungle so pointing out that naut or zac can be good junglers won't help much in my desitions :x thanks all!
    Buy Zac. Great for both top and jungle.

Lissandra support is okay if you got a jungler that ganks bot often. And pre-6 your kill-potential is not that high... Though after 6 it kinda skyrockets with the Ult. Though her "going in" is kinda predictable with a giant icy hand coming your way :P

Deleted
    Lissandra is just like Janna or Sona early game. Squish has hell and you do not want to go in to do any kind of dmg/cc or you'll end up dying. Honestly, she's far better off at mid, imo.

No idea about Naut as top or support, so I'd go with Zac jungle/top or Naut jungle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Lissandra is just like Janna or Sona early game. Squish has hell and you do not want to go in to do any kind of dmg/cc or you'll end up dying. Honestly, she's far better off at mid, imo.

No idea about Naut as top or support, so I'd go with Zac jungle/top or Naut jungle.
    Erm what? Sona is one of the heaviest aggressive early game supports there is. Your Q - AA basically outdamages AD carries. If you play super passive as Sona support you're doing it wrong really.

Janna doesn't have high damage, but her shield, tornado and possible slow make up for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Erm what? Sona is one of the heaviest aggressive early game supports there is. Your Q - AA basically outdamages AD carries. If you play super passive as Sona support you're doing it wrong really.

Janna doesn't have high damage, but her shield, tornado and possible slow make up for it.
    I wasn't talking about which one does more damage or if it's low or high. I was comparing Lissandra's squishines to Janna and Sona, which is high, and for Lissandra to do anything, she needs to get more close than any squishy support I believe, meaning that she would lose a lot of hp or more hp than the enemy making it not worth it going in at all like you would with Alistar, Thresh, Janna, Sona, Nami, Zyra, etc.

Deleted
    Lissandra is just like Janna or Sona early game. Squish has hell and you do not want to go in to do any kind of dmg/cc or you'll end up dying.
    Is nowhere close to:

I was comparing Lissandra's squishines to Janna and Sona

Deleted
    Is nowhere close to:
    Since you're nit picking, here, I'll rephrase it slighty:

'Lissandra is just like Janna or Sona early game, she's squish as hell and you do not want to go in to do any kind of dmg/cc or you'll end up dying pre 6.'

I hope that's better and more clear to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll rephrase it again:

'Lissandra is just like Janna or Sona early game, she's squish as hell and as Lissandra you do not want to go in to do any kind of dmg/cc or you'll end up dying pre 6.'

Problem fixed

Deleted
    Since you're nit picking, here, I'll rephrase it slighty:

'Lissandra is just like Janna or Sona early game, she's squish as hell and you do not want to go in to do any kind of dmg/cc or you'll end up dying pre 6.'

I hope that's better and more clear to you.
    Like Dulliath said, you're basically saying you don't want to go in to do damage as Lissandra, Janna AND Sona. Which isn't true.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like Dulliath said, you're basically saying you don't want to go in to do damage as Lissandra, Janna AND Sona. Which isn't true.
    Played Liss support and each time I went in we got a kill but I also died each and every time. So squishy They were like "LOL whatever gonna die anyways so better at least get a kill off this squishy Liss!"... Though it wasnt your usual lane as they had a Teemo support (who ended up being like 15/5/something by the end lol) so they had a lot more damage than your usual bot-lane... Whenever I went in I'd get chunked from 100 to 0 within seconds after landing my CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Come on it was pretty obvious what Majad meant, no need to kick up a fuss on purpose..
    In his first post? No it wasn't. I said what the sentence actually said, I read what the sentence actually said. I'm not a psychic.

Deleted
    In his first post? No it wasn't. I said what the sentence actually said, I read what the sentence actually said. I'm not a psychic.
    I already corrected myself, for you. Duilliath then further corrected myself, for you.

You're just nit picking now, really.

Deleted
    No need to respond to him nitpicking either. It's just like in League of Legends, when someone is complaining all the time, just ignore em and move on.

Deleted
    I am currently level 21, I have almost a full rune page basic AP. Plays 95% mid. Currently playing Morgana and Zyra! Just love them. Any other heroes that is like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am currently level 21, I have almost a full rune page basic AP. Plays 95% mid. Currently playing Morgana and Zyra! Just love them. Any other heroes that is like them?
    Try Lux or maybe Anivia. I'm assuming the skillshot CC is your thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Try Lux or maybe Anivia. I'm assuming the skillshot CC is your thing?
    I like the combination of skill shot cc, aoe spell and aoe ulti. I have Lux but will have to look up on the other one! Thanks

Deleted
    I like the combination of skill shot cc, aoe spell and aoe ulti. I have Lux but will have to look up on the other one! Thanks
    You should probably get Swain then, though two of his abilities aren't skill shot but his kit has all of that.

And Anivia/Lux do too as mentioned before.

Aside from Anivia, I'd recommend Ziggs. His skill shot is different, in that it has a bounce component that is very powerful when mastered.
    He also has some good cc that rewards great skill timing with his knock-away and slow.

Very fun with lots and lots of damage.

And Cassiopeia is a bit different, but also worth checking out.

Deleted
    You should probably get Swain then, though two of his abilities aren't skill shot but his kit has all of that.

And Anivia/Lux do too as mentioned before.
    Will try Swain He looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Aside from Anivia, I'd recommend Ziggs. His skill shot is different, in that it has a bounce component that is very powerful when mastered.
    He also has some good cc that rewards great skill timing with his knock-away and slow.

Very fun with lots and lots of damage.

And Cassiopeia is a bit different, but also worth checking out.
    I have Ziggs, and I tried Cassiopeia when she was free and I did not like her that much :/

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, i recently returned to LoL and need a decent champion to get me going again. I have about 3200IP and was thinking about buying Pantheon but i am looking for something that will be decent for starting back. I don't mind if its ranged/melee as long as they are worth the spend.