Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    So that's why I wasn't able to fully dps down the add in my group! I was getting them to around 10%, granted with a late start. How do people Disengage ONTO the belt?
    You can run up the edge of the pipe to the highest point on the back, and disengage on. As in this video:

Main - Spirál - Hunter

I would like to add that it is recommended that you use glyph of disengage makes it a whole lot easier to disengage on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It's very possible that he's saying he uses the pipe to disengage up on to the conveyor belt.

Also melee has a large disadvantage not being able to DPS the weapons before they pass the first wall of lasers as well as after they pass the last one. That's a solid 8-10 globals of extra damage that makes Hunters ideal for the job.
    Nobody says the melee has to be on the belt when the weapons start rolling out, thus the first pair of lasers does not matter. With their next to no ramp up time makes them more preferable than casters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Nobody says the melee has to be on the belt when the weapons start rolling out, thus the first pair of lasers does not matter. With their next to no ramp up time makes them more preferable than casters imo.
    The first pair of lasers do matter. As a ranged DPS you get an extra 5 or so seconds of DPS time on the weapons before and after they pass through the lasers compared to melee.
    This assumes you're having any trouble reliably killing them in time. If not, do whatever is best for your raid.
    Hunters are best at it.

Deleted
    It's doable, but always be careful with your pet in this fight. Make sure it's on the ramp before you use all kinds of commands, I've had my pet stare up on me from the boss platform a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    It's doable, but always be careful with your pet in this fight. Make sure it's on the ramp before you use all kinds of commands, I've had my pet stare up on me from the boss platform a few times.
    I just spec SV and play the fight without a pet and do just fine.

Deleted
    I solo it weekly as BM. If you're having trouble, your Bestial wrath can line up beautifully with the belts sometimes. Easily doable!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you get the debuff when you go in the first pipe or when you come out of the second one? Also, I think there needs to be some clarification on what people mean by soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Do you get the debuff when you go in the first pipe or when you come out of the second one? Also, I think there needs to be some clarification on what people mean by soloing.
    You get a debuff when you go into the first pipe. By disengaging onto the belt you don't get the debuff so you can continue to do it each round. By disengaging off the belt, you can continue to attack the boss mid flight, rather than lose time being teleported around.

By soloing - In 10man, with the disengage trick, a hunter can go up each time since he doesn't get the debuff. There will be no need to send others.

First couple of times I did it I had to save cds for each trip. Had bloodlust for the first, then rapid fire, stampede, pot, rapid fire. I got better about being timely onto the belt and then finding the add I wanted to kill and starting almost as it spawned, which is a couple of seconds before it comes out into the open, and got to the point I didn't need cds on there at all. It was definitely tense the first several times, first real dps check I have felt this tier. Don't hesitate to save your cds and only use them on there. Also don't be ashamed that if you start on the wrong one to just stay on it and kill it; better to kill the wrong one then not kill one at all. Main thing about this fight is avoiding that damage reduction from going out onto the boss.

I didn't know disengaging prevented the debuff. The other dps on my raid team can't kill one by themselves and we have to send two people in the other group. If I can avoid thede buff and do it by myself every time though it would make life a lot easier for us.

10+ Year Old Account

took this on our first kill

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dragzy/simple

i did it without the 2p t16 which i have now i belive i was 547 or 548 ilvl at the time

i found it easier for me to go SV since i found the pet would bug out alot and he wouldnt come on the belt with me so i couldnt KC, saying that im sure u can figure away to do it as bm with a macro for the pet or something i dont know im sticking with SV just fine. this is how iv done it for 2 weeks now hope the vid helps ignore the musik it was on pandora =] GL!!!

Any hunters out there soloing the belt on heroic? what kind of gear if yes

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    Has ~12m hp on heroic. need some serious gear to solo that every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    I solo the first belt on heroic with pre-pot/BL/stampede. It's easily doable but I doubt you can solo any other belt.

If you have impeccable timing you can also just avoid ever leaving the belt -- If you disengage right when he tries to yank everyone on the conveyors back to the main, you'll simply land right back on the conveyor belt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    I solo the first belt on heroic with pre-pot/BL/stampede. It's easily doable but I doubt you can solo any other belt.
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well. First one isn't and issue at all with all CD's you've mentioned. At this point I doubt it's soloable unless you have Stampede and shiz.
    Someone said that Devai mentioned on his stream that he's soloing every belt which I highly doubt considering all circumstances.

On a side note : how many people you guys use on the belt after first one is being handled by hunter? Our comp is kinda not optimal for the belt duty so we're sometimes struggling to destroy weapon when using only two people on it.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well. First one isn't and issue at all with all CD's you've mentioned. At this point I doubt it's soloable unless you have Stampede and shiz.
    Someone said that Devai mentioned on his stream that he's soloing every belt which I highly doubt considering all circumstances.

On a side note : how many people you guys use on the belt after first one is being handled by hunter? Our comp is kinda not optimal for the belt duty so we're sometimes struggling to destroy weapon when using only two people on it.
    DK and Rogue take turns to go up the belt with me so it's only 2 of us every belt.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure noone is soloing every belt

From ManaFlask interview with Paragon.

Deleted
    Slighty off topic question to the Hunters here that are currently on Siegecrafter or higher in heroic progression:

With t16 4pc and multistrike + aoc trinkets + hc weapon how much damage on average should be expected from a BM hunter on assembly weapons? No exterior buffs like pot or lust just basic raid buffs.

If possible i'd like a minimum and maximum range of damage, the more specific the better.