Poll: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

With Flex now available, should Blizzard keep LFR in the next EXP?

As the title states, should they keep LFR in the next expansion?

Is there any reason to keep it around, especially if they create better tools to find pug groups for Flex mode???

No. We do not need 28 different raid modes.

Flex mode isn't a replacement for LFR.

So no need to remove LFR any more than you'd want your 5th bag slot to be removed because bags get bigger every expansion.

Until you can queue for flex, LFR should stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes because bad players will always be bad players and they need their carebear mode to get gear see content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Deleted
    Totally not biased poll options right there.

And yes, they should keep it. If anything, they could add the flex feature to Normal.
    ^This.

Edit: Just saw that it's a Jaylock thread. Explains it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    If you could queue for flex, it would be LFR.

And yes they should keep LFR. I personally know many people who still enjoy it, and it is still useful for getting tier pieces for regular raiders (Thanks for your gloves LFR Nazgrim!)

Although I am very rarely doing it anymore because of Flex.
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2013-10-03 at 11:19 PM.

NO. I dont need 4 modes of raiding. How about you just be a person and ask to play in a social game. MMO. Learn to be good and work with people. Use ventrilo/ mumble to build friendships with people. Build a server reputation for yourself. I like the idea of flex. Now just scratch lfr from the game please!

LFR waters down and diminished the quality of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flex isn't a replacement. Flex helps get people who want to PuG raids back into it. LFR is useful and still provides people who can't commit to a PuG or a scheduled raid team a raiding experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    biased poll choices in an obvious LFR bashing thread. ill leave my vote here so its not confused. Yes, we should keep LFR that is not and was never meant to be replaced with Flex. flex is only a difficulty added for a difference audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I see LFR as a ray of hope for all those who can't/don't want to raid yet they want to experience the content and get gear. Thats said I barely go to LFR myself as after raiding heroic going back there makes my brain explode: the quality of players there is just horrendious, and I am sorry to say, but it is a simple zergfest without any shape or form of tactic.
    But still is a good chance to earn loot.

As blizzard have been saying for this entire expansion, the community is expanding in options and they have compensated for it since god...karazhan? Believe it or not there were guilds that only raided kara then ZA. That was it. Some guilds just did not do the 25 man raids, then they gave the option to do 10 man raids in all the raids come wrath at the cost of 'worse' gear. Then cataclysm they evened out the bar as far as gear goes and added LFR in 4.3 which gave another option to more casual players (casual does not mean bad. Casual means they play at their own pace. Do not mistake this.). In MoP they've had LFR for every raid and in 5.4 we have flex now.

All these options does not mean any of them should be removed, each has its place, and those places are being served. Is the raiding community becoming even more divided? Yes, is wow dying though? Yes, so what difference does it make. Not to get completely off-topic, but wow is dying and will grow into a small community like many other mmo's, it is only a matter of time. This gives the available options to every kind of raider and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another raiding option or 2 in the future.

Blizzard is a business, they need to make money in order to survive and we all know WoW brings in the big $$$. Whatever keeps the most subs in WoW for the longest time they will do so. And this just happens to give more options. If you feel required to raid it in any way shape or form then thats fine, but that wasn't the intention of flex or LFR being added, even heroic mode. They are all there as options to suit your difficulty, your time of play, and you're playstyle.

Blizzard should keep LFR so everyone can try raiding at some level, although LFR is a very low level. As it is now for example, most flex groups require somewhere around 525+ ilvl, and that keeps a large amount of players out of flex.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-10-03 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    What makes Flex differ from LFR, is that it requires more communication and cooperation between people and the amount of weight people have to pull. In LFR you can neglect most forms of communcation prior to and during a boss fight (excluding all the "Bad healer, kick it! Bad tank, kick it! Low deeps, kick it!") and make a couple of more mistakes without causing a wipe.

If you'd force everyone to do Flex in order to raid, it will only cause more Pugs falling apart because he/she fails, the tank is bad etc etc. while the higher geared and more skilled players increase the requirements to filter out every way for worse people to join, leaving the people with moderate skill/gear in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post

LFR waters down and diminished the quality of raiding.
    Then tell me how LFR negatively affects your raiding experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    biased poll choices in an obvious LFR bashing thread.
    Maybe the poll choices were changed by the time I got here but what part is bias?

OT: LFR serves a different purpose than Flex. As we've learned from expansions past, players do not like when you take options away from them.

I still don't understand why people are so against LFR - if you don't enjoy it then don't use it? I also never understood why people cared that LFR dropped epic loot even though it was inferior to normal and heroic. Definitely keep LFR, because there will be people who only have this as their avenue to gain gear and see content, plus it makes a great catch up mechanism for people looking to get back into raiding normal/heroic asap.

Flex is absolutely not meant to replace LFR so I see zero reasonable reason to remove LFR.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Maybe the poll choices were changed by the time I got here but what part is bias?

OT: LFR serves a different purpose than Flex. As we've learned from expansions past, players do not like when you take options away from them.
    yah they were changed to make us look bad. but im sure somebody knows better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ocis View Post
    I still don't understand why people are so against LFR - if you don't enjoy it then don't use it? I also never understood why people cared that LFR dropped epic loot even though it was inferior to normal and heroic. Definitely keep LFR, because there will be people who only have this as their avenue to gain gear and see content, plus it makes a great catch up mechanism for people looking to get back into raiding normal/heroic asap.
    It's because of special snowflake syndrome - a terrible disease, but luckily, it only affects a minority of the actual playerbase.