Poll: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ocis View Post
    I still don't understand why people are so against LFR - if you don't enjoy it then don't use it? I also never understood why people cared that LFR dropped epic loot even though it was inferior to normal and heroic. Definitely keep LFR, because there will be people who only have this as their avenue to gain gear and see content, plus it makes a great catch up mechanism for people looking to get back into raiding normal/heroic asap.
    Watch --SNIP--

That video isn't allowed here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-04 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    Then tell me how LFR negatively affects your raiding experience.
    It does cause many players that would raid a 10 or 25 man not because they can just do flex. More often then not you aren't losing much there though. I can say my guild had 4 raids running LFR came around and that number dropped to 2 right away then eventually 1 with the 2nd running more as a pug or every so often.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It serves a completely different purpose and audience from Flex. So that would be a yes. It should stay around and according to those who actually make those decisions, it's not going anywhere. Not our call in any case.

Removing stuff from the game just because people dislike it or believe it soils the experience only means that those people should simply ignore it.

Complicated concept, I know.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    LFR waters down and diminished the quality of raiding.
    You're kidding me with this right. You've gotten huge bloated fucking raid tiers with 13+ bosses every tier and it's because of lfr. You people should be all over lfr sucking it's balls and buying it dinner and flowers.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Give it up. They're never gonna get rid of LFR.

Deleted
    it can replace it when flex is queuable, which would then basically be lfr, so no blizzard should not remove it.

Do people still not realize that the appeal of LFR for most is not the easier difficulty, but the ability to do it by yourself whenever you want? As long as flex requires groups like standard raiding, it will never be a replacement for LFR and should not be thought of as such.

This is such a tired argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Until you can queue for flex, LFR should stay.
    And if you can queue for Flex, then it just becomes LFR and would have to be stripped of all anti-troll mechanisms like LFR.

OP is just clueless. They will not remove LFR, they probably WILL remove normal modes

Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    Watch this.
    Not sure what to think. I don't really agree with any sentiment that guy has, and the big reason why content wasn't demolished back then was because raiding was so much more niche and unrefined than it is now. Most strategies have been figured out in advance through PTR and with raiders preparing everything before they attempt a new raid. Back then, it was more like the wild west, where everyone had to figure out everything themselves. There were also arbitrary systems that kept people from even raiding, like attunements and gear requisites. I guess this guy is asking for those arbitrary systems back so we can say "Oh look, the hardcore raiders defeated X boss a week later" because they all needed to farm rep for attunements and resist gear?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have to keep it because they gave the bads a way to feel like they're not bad.

Imagine the subs that would leave if they got rid of LFR and expected the bads to actually l2p.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They have to keep it because they gave the bads a way to feel like they're not bad.

Imagine the subs that would leave if they got rid of LFR and expected the bads to actually l2p.
    Try again, not everyone who does LFR is a "bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    LFR waters down and diminished the quality of raiding.
    Please explain to me how LFR directly affects your quality of raiding...doesn't affect mine. We go from Normal/Heroic in one tier to the next. LFR doesn't figure into it. Now, we might run it from time to time on our own time if we need an item that just never drops in our raid, but I have yet to see LFR have any real effect on my raiding experience in my raid team.

Why? Because it has 0 effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You're kidding me with this right. You've gotten huge bloated fucking raid tiers with 13+ bosses every tier and it's because of lfr. You people should be all over lfr sucking it's balls and buying it dinner and flowers.
    You can´t explain this type of thing to the simple-minded OP type people. They don´t understand the business side of it, or the development side of it.. all they do is stand in front of the bank and link their epic items and feel sad now because others can do the same.

I would love LFR to be removed and then see TOC type ´raids´ for an entire expansion. 4 bosses, all reused artwork.. Then maybe the OP would get a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Too many raid modes fractures the game's sense of fantastical reality. Modes should be done as they were in Ulduar, which adheres to this idea of fantastical reality.

But they will keep it. Because people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    This is such a tired argument.
    look at who started the thread? worthless , worthless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Please explain to me how LFR directly affects your quality of raiding...doesn't affect mine. We go from Normal/Heroic in one tier to the next. LFR doesn't figure into it. Now, we might run it from time to time on our own time if we need an item that just never drops in our raid, but I have yet to see LFR have any real effect on my raiding experience in my raid team.

Why? Because it has 0 effect.
    Don't bother, my friend. People will continue to spout that nonsense about LFR affecting them, even though we all know it doesn't. The only excuse I've ever seen that had any merit was that some of their guild mates quit regular raiding. To which I respond, if they quit in favor if LFR, then it's because they'd prefer to do it that way. The game offered them a better option in LFR and they took it. That isn't a cue to remove that option to force everyone to have to do things his way or have no fun. It's purely selfish entitlement Which is ironic, considering they're the ones calling LFR players entitled.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to post something about "Why is it so hard to understand that flex and LFR cater to entirely different people?" - Flex can only replace LFR if Flex becomes as convenient as LFR, meaning you can queue for it, whenever you want, but that defeats the purpose of the flex part ... but then I saw that this was one of THESE threads and decided eh whatever.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Until you can queue for flex, LFR should stay.
    queuing= random matchmaking= diminished quality of flex

The forums would immediately erupt with nerf flex now plz its to hard. Flex needs some organization, random matchmaking cannot offer that to the degree needed.

And if you can queue for Flex, then it just becomes LFR and would have to be stripped of all anti-troll mechanisms like LFR.

OP is just clueless. They will not remove LFR, they probably WILL remove normal modes
    get rid of normals then you might as well get rid of heroics because the jump from flex to heroic would be punishing.
    Last edited by Quilm; 2013-10-04 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    With heroics available..should they replace normals?
    With normals available...should they replace flex?
    With flex available...should they replace LFR?

Why answer "NO" to the first two but "YES" to the third?
    Because one of them does not fulfill the same purpose as the other two - that being an immersive challenge. Also, you reach a point at which more choices is bad, because of both development time and the destruction of the game's purpose, which is to provide a mirror distortion of reality. And in part because you're fragmenting your playerbase.