Any word on the low haste cap? Or go as low as you can go?

Any suggestions for an opener on Heroic Dark Shaman? Or do I just have to consign myself to having to play catch-up once oozes come out?

Grimoire of Sacrifice should no longer incorrectly reduce spell damage while Fire and Brimstone is also active.

Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    Grimoire of Sacrifice should no longer incorrectly reduce spell damage while Fire and Brimstone is also active.
    Hooray! Take that, silly mages and rogues!

Quote Originally Posted by ZakAtack View Post
    Any word on the low haste cap? Or go as low as you can go?
    I'd be inclined to say go as low as you can.

had terrible luck with trinkets in soo, just finnished the week 8/14H and the only caster trinket to drop for us in 4 weeks clearing is the FCR. currently using wush+chayes both 543. would anyone recommend dropping wush for the FCR?
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-10-04 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by known View Post
    So a little bit more in the way of rudimentary conclusions.

tldr; Incinerate damage you see ingame is inconsistent with this formula we see on Wowhead: Deals 1563 to 1727 (+ 154% of Spell power) Fire damage to an enemy. And there's a correction made for this inconsistency which makes Sac FNB do 2.25% damage less than No Sac FNB.

Start with this: Incinerate: Deals 1563 to 1727 (+ 154% of Spell power) Fire damage to an enemy.
    This is the the formula for Incinerate on Wowhead. To make things easy, call the average value 100 (just the formula with 154% of your sp).

Incinerate gets buffed directly by mastery, so the incinerate should hit for 100*(1+X), X being your mastery buffing incinerate.
    However, if you go do the calculations on your character right now (WITHOUT SAC) you'll see that your incinerate tooltip and actual damage is actually 100*(1+X)*1.15. There's an extra 15% there when you're not sacrifice spec. I'd say maybe they buffed incinerates formula/spell power coefficient, but I don't think that's an adequate explanation because this 15% is on top of even the mastery increase, whereas a change to formula/sp coef would not yield a flat 15% increase at all spellpower levels.

When you buff sac, you get the extra 15%, so your tooltip and damage with incinerate look like this: 100*(1+X)*1.15*1.15. You can verify this yourself.

Now, FNB we expect to just do the tooltip's damage decreased to the FNB coefficient (just the % on the FNB tooltip), which we'll just call FNB in formulas.

From my tests, it looks as if FNB Incinerate while buffed with Sac are doing this damage: 100*(1+X)*1.15*FNB*.85. This .85 I think is to correct for this 15% increase to normal incinerate. Possibly making the 15% intentional and completely unannounced as far as I know. If you want to test this yourself cast lots of Sac FNB Incinerates, and compare the average value with 100*(1+X)*1.15*FNB, which is just the tooltip you see for incinerate right now times the FNB coefficient. So because (1.15*.85) = .97750, Sac FNB is getting hit by a 2.25% penalty because of this .85 correction factor for the 15% incinerate buff.

Which would make this essentially correct:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Whaaat
    Maybe FnB throws real Incinerates affected by GoSac, so they put an additional modifier on FnB to offset the bonus from GoSac when you have it, and they made a mistake or forgot to modify it after GoSac was nerfed.
    I don't think that's intended anyway.

What I'm still confused by, however, is why No-Sac FNB Incinerates are doing more than we should expect (more than 100*(1+X)*1.15*FNB). So while Sac FNB Incinerates are doing 2.25% less than we should expect (100*(1+X)*1.15*FNB), No Sac FNB Incinerates are doing even more than we should expect. Making the difference between the two greater than 2.25%. At this point I think this gap increases as your Mastery Incinerate value (X) increases because this difference is extremely difficult to notice when you have no gear on (only 9% base mastery for incinerate) but becomes much more noticeable when you have lots of gear on (~30% mastery for incinerate).
    Wondering what will happen after the hotfix. I hope this mysterious +15% Inc buff will stay. Otherwise...implications unpleasant.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-10-04 at 04:59 AM.

Deleted
    How does the 2pt16 bonus work, does it automatically increase the next dot crit chance or do i have to recast immolate?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    How does the 2pt16 bonus work, does it automatically increase the next dot crit chance or do i have to recast immolate?
    You have to recast. Immolate dot works just as any other dot.

Deleted
    I've never seen a 2T16 proc with destro...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    You have to recast. Immolate dot works just as any other dot.
    Are you hundred percent sure that the immolate dot is benefiting from 2pt16?

I have a few questions. Did you guys remember 5.3 sp formula for incinerate? Was it 140% sp or something? I bet it was lower than Fireball, right (150%)? In 5.4 sp formula for incinerate is 154%, so it's 10% increase from patch notes. Another 5% via hotfix(not in the tooltip) a week after 5.4 = 161.7% So 161.7% is current sp scaling formula for Incinerate, right?

Apparently "know's" calculations have been made before this 5% hotfix, so his formula is correct. So my question is: where this "1.15" mod from? If it's not GoSac buff and it's not recent Inc buff than what is it? And what will happen with it after the hotfix?
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-10-04 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XaMou View Post
    Ember master: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=145164

15+ Year Old Account
    Last night i had some issues with the shadowburn mouseover macro (brusalk version). I know that there's bug (havoc on the target and sb around?). There's a workaround? It's really frustrating to see spamming it and see nothing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badahs View Post
    Is that a typo or are you simming higher w/ destro as aff reforge than w/ destro reforge?
    Not a typo. I don't understand how could it be but that's what i've obtained for single target simulation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ardente View Post
    you are referring to the 4p t16 bonus not the 2pt16

Deleted
    I got a question about which trinket i should use, im currently using KTT and Hydra from ToT LFR.. (only have LFR avalible at this time) but i have all the trinkets from ToT avalible for me, Crit stat trinket, Hit trinket and and 100% crit hit trinket. (As Destro)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iccer/advanced for gear reference
    Last edited by mmoc3a60cd59ff; 2013-10-04 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Wondering what will happen after the hotfix. I hope this mysterious +15% Inc buff will stay. Otherwise...implications unpleasant.
    afaik that hotfix hasnt been applied on EU realms yet, atleast my incinerate is "only" doing 58% incinerate dmg while using FnB and it should be doing 69% and without using gosac my incinerate is doing 84k dmg as FnB and 108k without.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    you are referring to the 4p t16 bonus not the 2pt16
    oops, my bad

Deleted
    hi guys! i replaced my dämo with a destru spec... i never really played destru and im kinda confused about stats and stuff^^ this id i just had ~350k dps on immerseus hc :<
    lets take the example (immerseus hc) is it right going...
    -GoSac
    -Mastery > haste>=crit
    -get every int or mastery socketbonus
    -int/3% critdmg metagem ?
    -is mannoroths fury worth it?^^
    and how works my mastery with fire an brimstone? so much questions^^

/edit: 2pt16 works with fire and brimstone?^^

Quote Originally Posted by XaMou View Post
    The 2T16 proc is pretty low chance to proc on single target. When reforged Mastery > Crit, I'm seeing uptimes of less than 5% on single target fights. The big thing about this proc is its value in AoE, as each conflagrate crit has a chance to proc it. That means if you're FnB'ing conflag to 10 targets, the uptime on the buff goes up a lot, in high AoE situations you can expect to have quite a decent uptime on it.