Arcane t15n, vs t162pc, vs t164pc

I've read ALOT of these posts and while this has been touched on it's never really been concrete to me what I should be aiming for.

I have no chance to get ht15 unless im paying 200k for it which I dont have.

What's my best option then? do I run 2pc and 561 off pieces or go for the 4pc, or stay with t15normal. "so much of a gap!"

Any advice and explanation is greatly appreciated.

ALSO one more question, when looking at the armory does it show your mastery as/is or with mage armor.. I'm assuming it's showing it without as it does with arcane intellect and spell power/crt.

If so Maybe my mastery is a tad low at the moment as I have opted for some haste gems.

For fire and arcane 4p is worth using. For frost I don't think the 4p is very good but I don't play a lot of frost so I would prefer someone confirm this.

If you dont can get 4pcT15HC the 4pcT16N is better then 4pcT15N (T16HC>15HC>16N>T15N) that means go for the 4pcT16N aslong you dont get T15HC or T16HC (you can take 2pcT16Hc & HC WF Items)

When you look at your amory your mastery is always showing as it is, means without Mage Armor.

Same with the haste from frost armor and the crit from molten armor.

Ok thank you for the clarification Voux, I guess my mastery is abit low and I need to ditch the hate gems in favor of some more mastery.

So its pretty safe to say if its not H-T15 4pc just stick with the best ilvl gear you can get. I have 2 pieces from LFR and 2 from Normal. I kinda took everything I read as once you get that magic 4 piece its time to go Arcane or Fire. Honestly even though Frost doesn't scale as well as either as far as I can tell its probably only a 5% difference in the long run anyway. I don't do the theory crafting thing or crunch numbers i'm just talking out loud. Feel free to correct me etc etc.

If you take the Gear cause its a higher ilvl and you reach 4pc its good, but lets say you habe T15N and you get uhm.. 2 offset pieces from flex or normal its not worth to break the T15 boni just of a "higher ilvl". This 5 % are rly rly strong and with some offpiece items you cant weight out this push/stats

So dropping my t15n 4 set for say t16n 2set and then going with 3 553 off pieces isnt such a good idea? I gain a ton of int/sp mastery and haste.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I wanted to ask in case someone has 3 heroics and 1 normal t15, if it'd be worth keeping the t15 set over t16 normal for Arcane.

I raid in a 10man and vanquisher has been a bitch so I was able to get 3 heroic t15 pieces (head/legs/shoulders) and normal t15 chest.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I understand the 4 set t15 bonus, it's good.. but how can 2k spell power, 2% haste and 4.3% mastery not make up for it as well as using 2pc t16 for extra ab's

Thanks for the effort Pete, however my guild is slow, on par with a snail version of thok the bloodthirsty, so my odds of seeing heroic tier anytime in the near future is slim to none. Maybe months from now.

Right now I have 4pc t15, non heroic.

I also have 2pc t16normal, and these off pieces

cant post links zzzz, Hit/mastery shoulders from ordos, Legs from seigebreaker, helm from galakris hit/haste same as tier.

I can't decide and sims seems inconsistent, what gear I should be using, the 4pc t15 normal, of the chest/gloves t16 followed by the above pieces.
    Last edited by xprs; 2013-10-02 at 05:43 PM.

once we get H4P T16 which slot do we use as the off-piece? Helm from H Garrosh? what would the second option be? lol since thats very farrrrrrrrr away

Helm from 1st boss has a ton of mastery on it. The crit isn't great but its a fine placeholder.

Sorry for the misinformed question or noob question if you like that term, what is "HWO"?

Edit: Nevermind I think it means Heroic Warforged, right?
    Last edited by foxkoby; 2013-10-03 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    @xprs

Dunno what spec do you currently play, but I would recommend the following:

Scenario 1: You always play the top spec and you currently play Arcane. After getting T16 2p, switch to frost for a while, till you get more gear for arcane, because you need it.
    Scenario 2: You are an absolute fan of Arcane, then get all the other stuff like weapon, trinkets and the stuff beside tier slots
    Scenario 3: You like Frost, then try to get T16 2p as fast as you can and enjoy : )

*Edit* Yes, HWO stands for heroic warforged

Deleted
    i just dont get why the 4set bonus on fire so often is crap compered to so meny other classes and even vs the two other mage specs
    one 100% crit on one pyro helps whit combustion and thats allmost it, it only helps when build up to instent pyro from no procs and and after evo, but only if u have pyro lined up and no heating up proc and well that is not that often and that ONE 100% crit might have crit anyway which it will 50%+ of the time.
    it should be something like all pyro whitin 4 sec is gonna crit insted

Quote Originally Posted by ismaldu View Post
    i just dont get why the 4set bonus on fire so often is crap compered to so meny other classes and even vs the two other mage specs
    one 100% crit on one pyro helps whit combustion and thats allmost it, it only helps when build up to instent pyro from no procs and and after evo, but only if u have pyro lined up and no heating up proc and well that is not that often and that ONE 100% crit might have crit anyway which it will 50%+ of the time.
    it should be something like all pyro whitin 4 sec is gonna crit insted
    Math I have seen the 4pc wroks out to be ~9% more crit on pyros. That is pretty substantial...and god damn you play a lot of WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Math I have seen the 4pc wroks out to be ~9% more crit on pyros. That is pretty substantial...and god damn you play a lot of WoW
    it can be even better than 9%.

oct. 2 logs norushen-malkorok 399/474 pyroblasts crit 84.17%, after critical mass my expected value would be 68.25% before INT procs, a difference of nearly 16%!

oct. 3 logs thok-garrosh 340/398 pyroblasts crit 85.43%, over 17% difference from expected!
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2013-10-05 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    from the looks of the amount off inferno blast u use it looks like we dont have the same rotation which make the 4set bonus better for your rotation, but dont know whats better