Deleted
    Ye, for sure switch shield. But I wouldnt upgrade it since it is rather crappy relative to the other shields in the instance. The armor on shields is just so valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Ye, for sure switch shield. But I wouldnt upgrade it since it is rather crappy relative to the other shields in the instance. The armor on shields is just so valuable.
    Yup, which is why my DK co-tank always brings up shields and his lack of them

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yup, which is why my DK co-tank always brings up shields and his lack of them
    Our DK has just about as much armor as my paladin does, but my Paladin is using a TF normal shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I'd definitely always upgrade any shield no matter the stats, because they are such an insignificant part of the item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'd definitely always upgrade any shield no matter the stats, because they are such an insignificant part of the item.
    I feel like there are 3 other shields I would swap that one out for, that I would play the RNG odds that I would get another one, but I am gambler. I would upgrade it if I had nothing else to upgrade, but would not be my first choice to upgrade. While it may be the biggest short-term upgrade, I feel that in the long term you would get pissed when a better shield dropped and you wasted upgrades on nothing. I always try to upgrade the pieces that I am least likely to replace.

For example lets say I got a BiS ring and a head that is not tier, I would probably upgrade the ring first as I never will replace that, but I would replace the head as soon as the tier head drop. Upgrading the head would be a bigger upgrade, but if I get the tier head, which I am next in line for, I would have wasted that VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I would probably upgrade the shield eventually, but I'd wait until at least the end of the raid week in case a different shield dropped that week. Assuming, after the end of the raid week, I still have the valor available to spend on the shield (and still leave myself in a good place for the next raid week), and I didn't get another (better) shield, I'd upgrade the shield.

I'd do the same thing with any pieces with sub-par stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Considering that I haven't even seen a flex shield yet I won't bother gambling (and 2k VP really makes it a moot point anyway)

Hey i was just wondering, how are you guys handling Garosh. Been having some issues with him. We try to ignore the axes in phase 2 and just have our boomer spriest and ele throw a dot or two on them and if they die so be it. But i look at logs and seems that alot of guilds are killing him in under 10 mins?

How are you guys handling the last phase. Blow hero, and kill first wave of adds. Or just push boss with adds beating on people? Rolling cds to stay alive.

Any help would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbears View Post
    How are you guys handling the last phase. Blow hero, and kill first wave of adds. Or just push boss with adds beating on people? Rolling cds to stay alive.
    We used BM monk to get them all and kite (Tortos all over again), basically removing them from the encounter. I was able to solo tank the boss in last phase, rolling CDs for when stacks get high and explode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbears View Post
    Hey i was just wondering, how are you guys handling Garosh. Been having some issues with him. We try to ignore the axes in phase 2 and just have our boomer spriest and ele throw a dot or two on them and if they die so be it. But i look at logs and seems that alot of guilds are killing him in under 10 mins?

We hero at start. We kill axes in p2 and move between two designated spots (ranged group). When Empowered Whirling starts we just have everyone pick an add and kill it off away from every other add.

In p3 we just keep doing p2 as usual with the only difference being we don't kill axes (obviously) and we just reposition the ranged group around the axes and once Hero/BL's debuff is off we pop it (we may hold it a bit if an empowered whirling is about go off and boss is still on high HP) and then just ignore everything besides mind controls and nuke the boss.

edit: 340971 typos
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-10-03 at 01:47 PM.

For anyone that can help, would http://www.wowhead.com/item=105265 (Warforged Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal) be worth replacing either the STR shado-pan trinket or a thunderforged Talisman of Rage?

Deleted
    I don't like the Talisman so I'd definitely swap that out but the juggernaut doesn't seem like the best replacement ever since dodge isn't exactly the best stat for us and the healing use just seems.. iffy... Though it me useful in certain instances, I guess (dunno what the cooldown and duration are).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I don't like the Talisman so I'd definitely swap that out but the juggernaut doesn't seem like the best replacement ever since dodge isn't exactly the best stat for us and the healing use just seems.. iffy... Though it me useful in certain instances, I guess (dunno what the cooldown and duration are).
    There's no healing use. It has a passive effect of converting about 3% of your damage to healing. Basically, if you do 150k dps, it will yield 4.5k hps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    There's no healing use. It has a passive effect of converting about 3% of your damage to healing. Basically, if you do 150k dps, it will yield 4.5k hps.
    Oh, thought it was a use effect, dat reading skill!

So it's a poor man's extra Eternal Flame, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Oh, thought it was a use effect, dat reading skill!

So it's a poor man's extra Eternal Flame, I guess.
    Very poor man.
    Seems very poor tbh.

More like a poor man's 2pc.

Btw. what do you people think about using the dps enchants for shoulders/legs?

Its like Tauren vs Blood elf is the difference really that big? Nope. Pick what you want. If you are 10 man the stam ones are 100% worthless as is the tank cloak proc as a paladin.

The dps cloak is WAY too strong to not have in terms of dps checks for a 10 man. Upwards for 20% of my dmg on cleave fights and 7-10% on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Its like Tauren vs Blood elf is the difference really that big? Nope. Pick what you want. If you are 10 man the stam ones are 100% worthless as is the tank cloak proc as a paladin.

The dps cloak is WAY too strong to not have in terms of dps checks for a 10 man. Upwards for 20% of my dmg on cleave fights and 7-10% on others.
    As someone getting his cloak this reset (hopefully...) that's very good to know. Since I still feel like my health is a bit low overall I still use stam enchants on legs/shoulders as well as the tank LMG, but everything else follows the normal rules. It seems I'll have a really interesting choice regarding the cloak itself.

I would somewhat respectfully disagree. While I stand behind dps cloaks on some of the fights, i can come up with a few fights where using tank one would allow me to have higher dps, just from cheezing mechanics (and being more sure that i won't die from those mechanics)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure those numbers are hugely exaggerated - it's more like 8-10% on aoe/cleave fights and 4-5% on others.