Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Haunt should no longer incorrectly increase the damage of non-periodic spells.

• Warlock
      Affliction
      Haunt should no longer incorrectly increase the damage of non-periodic spells.
    Is this another nerf to affliction?

"incorrectly". Was a bug that got fixed is my assumption.

Yeah but how long has it been "not working as intended"?

Not exactly sure. Lock is just another alt for me so I didn't notice anything odd. But, assuming it's pretty close to a patch and a lot of hotfixes... I'd say not long, could of even been caused by the hotfixes yesterday. Guess we'll see if anyone else shows up here to shed some more light :P

Well Afflic doesn't really have access to much non-period damage as is so it can't have been that terrible. Off the top of my head I can only think if Fel Flame, Haunt itself, and maybe the explosion from Seed.

All the warlocks in our guild has been using Shivarra for the last week, because it did around 30% more damage than the Observer in all of the fights. (We are 565+ iLevel geared). I'm assuming the bug is related to her Bladedance spell.

On second thought, our Destro Warlock's Shivarra also dealt the same damage, so I'm rethinking the above statement. Maybe this applies to Fel Flame, overwritten Haunt direct damage, and possibly the explosions of SoC. Either way, won't affect our DPS one bit.
    Last edited by Bonelazy; 2013-10-05 at 08:57 AM.

Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-10-05 at 10:33 AM.

Hoping it wasn't the KTT trinket proc.

Quote Originally Posted by maelcrum View Post
    Hoping it wasn't the KTT trinket proc.
    Huh, now there's a thought. Would have made that trinket over perform quite a bit if that was the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Huh, now there's a thought. Would have made that trinket over perform quite a bit if that was the case.

If we assume KTT was what incorrectly was increased by haunt;

Do you think it was double dipping on the haunt damage increase when procced from a dot tick (with Haunt active)?

Or do you think it was getting the Haunt increase regardless of what procced the multistrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    All the warlocks in our guild has been using Shivarra for the last week, because it did around 30% more damage than the Observer in all of the fights. (We are 565+ iLevel geared). I'm assuming the bug is related to her Bladedance spell.
    I don't know what makes you think that's correct, but she isn't doing anywhere close to 30% more damage. Observer still wins with all raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    I don't know what makes you think that's correct, but she isn't doing anywhere close to 30% more damage. Observer still wins with all raid buffs.
    By how much dps? I'd think the fel imp's healing ability and quick stun/fear dispel on the player would out weigh a minuscule dps increase from a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    If we assume KTT was what incorrectly was increased by haunt;

Do you think it was double dipping on the haunt damage increase when procced from a dot tick (with Haunt active)?

Or do you think it was getting the Haunt increase regardless of what procced the multistrike?
    I really have no clue just speculating, but I don't see why it wouldn't double dip in that situation where it would increase the procs dmg with haunt. My bet is they somehow put the old version of haunt back in where it increased everything instead of the 5.4 version where it increases only dots. Probably when they nerfed it or something, who knows.

@ookingdooker: its supposed to be by some small amount observer wins out overall and by quite a bit over imp according to simC. It basically almost never works out that way in raid in my and many of my peers experience but there's still some people who are die hard about insisting observer still does more in raid under full buffs.

Honestly the pet damage is sooooooo normalized now you should be thinking utility wise and not dmg wise when decided which pet to use.

Surprised no one hash asked this question yet: Does this change our rotation at all? Namely, is Haunt spam still preferable sub 20% with extra shards rather than channeling DS

Deleted
    I recon this fix is for our execute, haunt buffing haunt as bug etc.

My Haunt is still critting ~560k so I don't think Haunt affecting Haunt was what they fixed. This is with all procs, buffs, etc. Tested Seed of Corruption with Mannoroths aswell and that seems to be unaffected, too.

Deleted
    as i said in another post, im fairly sure this is an old fix, afaik they did this back on the ptr, ofc i might just remember it wrong. im certainly getting a feeling of deja vu about this "hotfix".

Quote Originally Posted by Caides View Post
    My Haunt is still critting ~560k so I don't think Haunt affecting Haunt was what they fixed. This is with all procs, buffs, etc. Tested Seed of Corruption with Mannoroths aswell and that seems to be unaffected, too.
    Just tested it and haunt is not benefiting from the haunt debuff on the target.

So which spells was this refering to? I don't think haunt was getting buffed by the previous haunt even before this hotfix. Does the ghost dot ticks from malefic grasp count as dots?

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    So which spells was this refering to? I don't think haunt was getting buffed by the previous haunt even before this hotfix. Does the ghost dot ticks from malefic grasp count as dots?
    Technically yes. The only thing I can come up with is the possibility of KTT procs being affected by Haunt because the procs come from dots. I don't have the trinket so I can't really say.