Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Minax View Post
    no, it's not bullshit... if you pay for something you expect the whole content of that!
    if you get bored after you got some loot THIS is your own fault... and catering to the "QQer's" as you said is where the money is.
    the hardcore raiders can raid heroic modes and get better gear that way if they care so much for that.
    A fine example of a person that is toxic to this game and it's future. You literally must be a cheap scape if you want to get everything this game has to offer for $15. You're paying for the time you enjoyed playing it, not to exiperence everything it has to offer

This attitude is so bad for the game, and maybe when the game dips to 5 million you'll realize this. Maybe you won't, but the most fun this game has to offer was when everything was packed with people world pvping
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Now I know a lot of people prefer the old model of legendary's, and some who enjoy the new approach. Well how about the best of both worlds. Have an expansion long questline ending with a legendary, and a legendary for a specific class. You could even call it something else. A higher tier than legendary.

Though a lot will argue, this is the solution. The cloak was great for its intended audience - an audience that makes up the bulk of the game population, whose subscription fees make up a large percentage of Blizzard's revenue. Content for this crowd is important, but the hardcore were left in the cold - they needed something too.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    At no point was there anything that really caused the player to try hard or think outside the box
    No legendary has required that. LOL. What other legendary had any requirement for individual skill?

The only reason a crap ton of people have is it went from a group effort to an individual effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    A fine example of a person that is toxic to this game and it's future. You literally must be a cheap scape if you want to get everything this game has to offer for $15. You're paying for the time you enjoyed playing it, not to exiperence everything it has to offer

No you are paying for the right to have access to everything. Which is what everyone has had from day one. Access. But having more content accessible to more people isn't necessarily a bad thing. It easier to justify spending more on it for example.

More people raiding is not a bad thing. At any level. It lets those that haven't cannot handle/normal modes experience things. This can motivate people to try harder. And it can give those that don't want to work that hard an avenue to continue their experience. Neither is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and if you look up "The Thunder Forge " quest on wowhead you get a shitload of people who stopped it right there, which tells me, the individual effort actual doesn't make it easier - the group could carry you
    Pretty much...if the entire quest chain involves only group effort activities...then it requires no individual skill and can be carried/bought in its entirety.

I was going to add this but couldn't remember everything needed the earlier legendary items.

The cloak may be the only legendary to date that has had any individual skill requirement....which puts a hard floor on the minimum skill required...a floor that no other legendary had...which would kinda make it "harder" =P
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-10-04 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Maybe this is true for your circumstances? I can tell you that most people, regardless of how hard they work or devote themselves, will never make $1M/year. And studying all the time will not necessarily yield a great invention. But all that is besides the topic here.

I think you are misunderstanding me here. I am not making a casual vs. hardcore argument; my argument is that not everyone in LFR is terrible (people like yourself, and I like to think myself run LFR rather than join a guild), and not everyone in a raid guild is a Simcraft-quoting chart-topping monster.
    90% of LFR are in fact mouth breathers. Some of those same people might be raiding normal, but there are no mouth breathers clearing normal or their guild has serious issues on seeing where their issues lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What old model?
    Classic:
    1. Craft epic and upgrade it with a rare-drop
    2. Two rare-drops and a lot of materials
    3. Collect 40 drops and get a free legendary
    TBC:
    4/5. Be very lucky with drops
    WotLK:
    6. Collect 30 drops and get a legendary
    7. Craft an epic, do raiding-quests and collect 50 shards.

Personally I prefer the Shadowmourne way.
    Let's stop right there since the real "quest" for glaives was getting INTO BT. It took about 30 quests to get into BT. There was a couple of long chains in SMV that had you locked out of the attunements. Then you had the attunements. The line to summon nightbane included in there, etc. You had a good couple of months of attunement free BT before it was irrelevant and even then people couldn't clear illidan who hadn't already. Killing KJ before WotLK? Yeah you deserve a legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    No you are paying for the right to have access to everything. Which is what everyone has had from day one. Access. But having more content accessible to more people isn't necessarily a bad thing. It easier to justify spending more on it for example.

More people raiding is not a bad thing. At any level. It lets those that haven't cannot handle/normal modes experience things. This can motivate people to try harder. And it can give those that don't want to work that hard an avenue to continue their experience. Neither is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much...if the entire quest chain involves only group effort activities...then it requires no individual skill and can be carried/bought in its entirety.

I was going to add this but couldn't remember everything needed the earlier legendary items.

The cloak may be the only legendary to date that has had any individual skill requirement....which puts a hard floor on the minimum skill required...a floor that no other legendary had...which would kinda make it "harder" =P
    I'm sorry what???? DW had solo components which did take individual skill. Daggers as well and honestly some of those were harder than anything you did with the cloak. Hell once again getting into BT sure you could be carried, but people weren't randomly on those quest chains in SMV you needed to find people to do them with you.

I just love the massive ignorance of people talking about this cloak taking skill or work to get.

The fight with the black prince is hard? We all agree skill is subjective, but how many people do you know that were stuck on that quest for a month? For a week? For a day? For an hour? Aside from LFR, you have to win 2 bg's, and like the other guy said, 3 man an elite lol. The fact that people think that is a "legendary effort" goes to show that a great deal of the fan base has gone to the dogs.

Really, if you just do PvE for a few months, almost nothing is stopping you from getting the legendary unless you go out of your way to not get it.
    Look, no offense, but your standard of what constitutes hard is so far off the right side of the normal distribution its funny. I did Kanrethad at i486. That was hard. I did the ranged DPS challange for the cloak at maybe i503. It took me a couple of hours to figure out how to get it done. It was also hard. There are people better than me at this game. Many in fact. I play with a few of them. There are a lot more that are worse. Do you do challenge modes? Do you realize what a tiny slice of this games population can actually complete one of those, let alone medal? I've got silver on one CM from a pug because finding 4 more players of that caliber that fit my schedule is hard... Based on the way you comment, you appear to be in the top 10% of the player base. Bully for you. I mean that honestly. But that also means you need to put a lot more emphasis on that skill is subjective disclaimer. The current Legendary model asks you as an individual to do a lot more than anything prior to Cata. The Celestial challenges are a significant skill check for the majority of the player base. The time commitment for 20 sigils 24 whosits, and 12 whatsits plus 2 BGs are non-trivial and compare well in terms of hours played to getting, say the glaives. If you truly want a more challenging Legendary quest line, then you want more solo quest events like the Wrathion fight, or something like Kanrethad. focusing on the LFR availability of tokens is a total red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by sinderborn View Post
    Look, no offense, but your standard of what constitutes hard is so far off the right side of the normal distribution its funny. I did Kanrethad at i486. That was hard. I did the ranged DPS challange for the cloak at maybe i503. It took me a couple of hours to figure out how to get it done. It was also hard. There are people better than me at this game. Many in fact. I play with a few of them. There are a lot more that are worse. Do you do challenge modes? Do you realize what a tiny slice of this games population can actually complete one of those, let alone medal? I've got silver on one CM from a pug because finding 4 more players of that caliber that fit my schedule is hard... Based on the way you comment, you appear to be in the top 10% of the player base. Bully for you. I mean that honestly. But that also means you need to put a lot more emphasis on that skill is subjective disclaimer. The current Legendary model asks you as an individual to do a lot more than anything prior to Cata. The Celestial challenges are a significant skill check for the majority of the player base. The time commitment for 20 sigils 24 whosits, and 12 whatsits plus 2 BGs are non-trivial and compare well in terms of hours played to getting, say the glaives. If you truly want a more challenging Legendary quest line, then you want more solo quest events like the Wrathion fight, or something like Kanrethad. focusing on the LFR availability of tokens is a total red herring.
    Time commitment? You were already raiding be it LFR normal or heroic. There was no extra time commitment. The extra time commitment might be oh I don't know getting the extra quests done to get into BC raids that required elite quests in SMV. The only commitment was logging in for this cloak. Also you basically put emphasis on the fact that this cloak is being given to awful players.

No legendary has required that. LOL. What other legendary had any requirement for individual skill?

The only reason a crap ton of people have is it went from a group effort to an individual effort.

lol, either you just started the game or you aren't serious. You think getting all the way up to Kil'jaeden and killing him was easy? Or doing naxx 40 for the Atiesh staff?. If you really think that's the same as winning 2 bg's and doing LFR for a few months, we probably won't have much in common to discuss lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sinderborn View Post

I think the thing that people are missing out on, doing a quest like killing one elite with a 3 to 5 man group was considered "regular questing".... how all of the sudden it became some sort of legendary achievement is a mystery... ditto with the celestial blessing portion. If you got past it the first day you tried, how hard can you honestly say it was? That's my whole point, at least with the other legendaries you had to do something which at the time required skill, that's why this current legendary is frowned upon by some.

The only part of the legendary that is hard is actually having the patience for it, I don't think that's a good thing though. Beyond that though, why award a legendary for someone that stuck around for two tiers of content? The point of LFR is that you can afk it, so in many ways, you can afk your way to a legendary item. We all know people have afk'ed in bg's for epics for a long long time, but now you can get a legendary from it? Why condone this stuff?

i find it annoying that the speed with wich you got your legendary quest done was purely decided by luck. imo a heroic boss should have higher droprate then a lfr boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem to have it back to the old fashion. That way, I won't have to to think about it anymore, which will prevent me boring grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Sounds like some butthurt sillies are mad I got a cloak from LFR. I earned it fair and square with the system available. Why would I want to lose that system? Why should someone else get something I don't? They aren't better players than me. They already have heaps of gear I won't get from heroic modes. Heroic modes should just drop transmog gear anyway so they can pat themselves on the back. The current system works great for casual players to slowly work at over the course of an expansion. I just don't see why so-called 'hardcore raiders' should get legendaries and nobody else. They just spend a lot of time beating content that gets easier and easier every week with more gear until they get it done then act like it's a great accomplishment. Not saying they shouldn't get legendaries, just that everyone should get them if they work at them the same amount of time.
    Well, uhh thanks for.... uhh nothing really..... You're contribution was well noted. Filing under "useless"

And i like these other posts about how much effort they put in.

Yes, I too can sit afk in an LFR once a week (Hell, you were already doing that) - Except this TIME! they drop orange quest items! Yippie, I'm the best!

lol, either you just started the game or you aren't serious. You think getting all the way up to Kil'jaeden and killing him was easy? Or doing naxx 40 for the Atiesh staff?. If you really think that's the same as winning 2 bg's and doing LFR for a few months, we probably won't have much in common to discuss lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the thing that people are missing out on, doing a quest like killing one elite with a 3 to 5 man group was considered "regular questing".... how all of the sudden it became some sort of legendary achievement is a mystery... ditto with the celestial blessing portion. If you got past it the first day you tried, how hard can you honestly say it was? That's my whole point, at least with the other legendaries you had to do something which at the time required skill, that's why this current legendary is frowned upon by some.

The only part of the legendary that is hard is actually having the patience for it, I don't think that's a good thing though. Beyond that though, why award a legendary for someone that stuck around for two tiers of content? The point of LFR is that you can afk it, so in many ways, you can afk your way to a legendary item. We all know people have afk'ed in bg's for epics for a long long time, but now you can get a legendary from it? Why condone this stuff?
    The point of the LFR isn't so you can AFK it and if you are one of those that do then your part of the problem with the LFR not the solution.

Legendary weapons have always been about one large time sink thats all, and has been said all thats been done is move one from a group effort to a single player effort.

Can't really see any issues with that, gives everyone something to aim for not just the elite few for a change.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Legendary quests should never have been doable in LFR. Im hoping with flex around now if they decide to follow a similar path next expansion it will only be Flex/normal/heroic since they'll never make it be "heroic content only" as legendaries should be.
    Yes, cause the "hard" part of the Legendary line in Mists involved raid boss kills... No. The hard part was the solo content, tuned to a Normal-geared player, that LFR players had to either wait til the next tier to beat with gear, or perform above and beyond to complete at a lower-than-target gear level.

Case in point: Wrathion's fight. Sure, it was easy as hell for my buddy's 535 ilevel Heroic Frost DK, and he one-shot it like it was nothing, didn't even get a mirror image phase. For me at 517 in full LFR Ret gear, was a nightmare, almost hit two image phases, cheesed the first through class mechanics (Blinding Light to interrupt one cast, Hammer of Justice for a second, and got lucky on the third and hit the real one quick), and wiped about 50 times to complete it. And I am by no means a "bad" player, so do not even try that line. I just lack a schedule to dedicate to a guild (leaving for work at 9pm PST 5 days a week doesn't make you desirable).

This new Legendary method allows those with dedication and patience, regardless of their level of progression, to eventually earn it. How is it bad that other people get to have some fun and earn something cool too? Oh right... you miss being a "special snowflake"... Suck it up and deal with it. Sucks you had to pay for the whole YEAR of WoW to keep up on the quest line, and not just get your Legendary in 4.2 that carries you completely through 4.3, never needing an upgrade.

This model is easily the best model Blizzard has come up with: Time, dedication, effort, persistence, and PERSONAL skill (see: Solo scenarios). My only request: No more PvP quests for PvE content.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-10-05 at 01:04 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Why? Because LFR lacks any sort of challenge, whereas with previous legendaries there was a reasonable amount of challenge mixed in with a long tedious grind. As it stands now, if you played through the first two tiers of content for a couple of months, there should be no reason why you *don't* have the legendary lol.... which is weird when you think about it. Why should the game hand out legendaries to people that just played for a few consecutive months? And yes, past legendaries like thunderfury are a joke to get now too, but the difference is, this legendary was a joke to get on the day of it's release.
    So it's not about the fact that LFRers get the legendary, it's about the fact that they get it at the same time you do.

Sounds like we've got a case of special snowflake.

Let's put it this way:

Did I grind out the bosses? Yes.
    Did I get frustrated from RNG not dropping the item? Yes.
    Did I beat the snot out of Wrathion and the Celestials? Yes.

Were you in ANY way deprived of your legendary because it was made available through LFR? No.
    Were you denied GETTING your legendary through LFR? No.
    Are you acting like a butt hurt elitist? Absolutely.

Ultimately, your sole reason for denying the majority of players a chance at a legendary is because... the bosses that drop the item weren't that hard.
    Newsflash: now that everyone's geared at 535 minimum, if the legendary wasn't available to LFR people, they would just simply run the raids on normal and faceroll it that way.

What's the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Time commitment? You were already raiding be it LFR normal or heroic. There was no extra time commitment.
    Lol wut?

Are you saying LFR and Heroic raids take the same amount of time? Makes sense. I can clear every LFR for ToT in one day for a few hours... and it took me three days at 5 hours each to properly get a handle on Durmurmrurmurmrur. Obviously takes the same time.

ON TOPIC: Legendaries have never required solo content prior to this. They have always been a group effort. The fact that the cloak added such a heavy emphasis on solo adds the appeal that what you accomplished wasn't because you were carried, but because you took the time and effort to collect everything on your own.

Moreover - I play Alliance and PvE.

I literally spent WEEKS on those 2 BGs. I don't think I've ever done anything as challenging as that, and I'm fairly certain that that was the hardest part of the entire chain.

The fight with the black prince is hard? We all agree skill is subjective, but how many people do you know that were stuck on that quest for a month? For a week? For a day? For an hour? Aside from LFR, you have to win 2 bg's, and like the other guy said, 3 man an elite lol. The fact that people think that is a "legendary effort" goes to show that a great deal of the fan base has gone to the dogs.
    Your posts reveal you don't know the quest line at all.. beyond the elite, the bgs and valor grind, there are 50 boss drops you need and 40 trillium bars through out. The 50 boss drops take time, a lot of time! You could argue they require little effort but it takes a lot of time my friend! And lets not forget grinding exalted with the Black Prince as well...

Really, if you just do PvE for a few months, almost nothing is stopping you from getting the legendary unless you go out of your way to not get it.
    You could make this argument for any legendary in the past as well...
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-10-05 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I'm sorry what???? DW had solo components which did take individual skill. Daggers as well and honestly some of those were harder than anything you did with the cloak. Hell once again getting into BT sure you could be carried, but people weren't randomly on those quest chains in SMV you needed to find people to do them with you.

I just love the massive ignorance of people talking about this cloak taking skill or work to get.
    Oh right DW did have a solo thing...and it was just as easy as cloak. I had forgotten! Didn't do daggers, rogue is still in the 70's =P So cloak is no harder to get than those. Which weren't hard to get then. Just rarer as you didn't have the entire raid working on it at the same time.

Guy my main is in my signature. Anyone can see when I started. Naxx 40 was hard because of broken classes and Vanilla's rampant over tuning. You may prefer over tuning...I prefer lots of mechanics.

Sunwell...welp my guild had some serious drama that knocked us from top 2-5 on the server to a guild that could barely do Kara. I think I only ever saw the first 4 bosses when it was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    So it's not about the fact that LFRers get the legendary, it's about the fact that they get it at the same time you do.

Sounds like we've got a case of special snowflake.

Let's put it this way:

Did I grind out the bosses? Yes.
    Did I get frustrated from RNG not dropping the item? Yes.
    Did I beat the snot out of Wrathion and the Celestials? Yes.

Were you in ANY way deprived of your legendary because it was made available through LFR? No.
    Were you denied GETTING your legendary through LFR? No.
    Are you acting like a butt hurt elitist? Absolutely.

Ultimately, your sole reason for denying the majority of players a chance at a legendary is because... the bosses that drop the item weren't that hard.
    Newsflash: now that everyone's geared at 535 minimum, if the legendary wasn't available to LFR people, they would just simply run the raids on normal and faceroll it that way.

What's the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol wut?

Are you saying LFR and Heroic raids take the same amount of time? Makes sense. I can clear every LFR for ToT in one day for a few hours... and it took me three days at 5 hours each to properly get a handle on Durmurmrurmurmrur. Obviously takes the same time.

ON TOPIC: Legendaries have never required solo content prior to this. They have always been a group effort. The fact that the cloak added such a heavy emphasis on solo adds the appeal that what you accomplished wasn't because you were carried, but because you took the time and effort to collect everything on your own.

Moreover - I play Alliance and PvE.

I literally spent WEEKS on those 2 BGs. I don't think I've ever done anything as challenging as that, and I'm fairly certain that that was the hardest part of the entire chain.

It's mostly about a LFR legendary, the fact that you saw hundreds getting it on the day it was released is the after effect. As for the "you just want gear and want nobody else to get it", honestly, I think it would be more interesting if the legendary had some challenges tied to it, even if it meant I didn't end up getting it myself. Think about it, in a game where you progress yourself with gear, obviously challenging content should reward better gear. So then why make one of the best items in the game so easy to get?

And did you do a long grind? Yes. Did you earn it? I'm sure you and me will disagree on the answer lol.

Think of it this way, if in BC, they mailed in everyone a set of warglaives, they wouldn't be as interesting or as valuable in the eyes of many players. Same thing here, it just makes the legendary uninteresting... on the day it was released lol.

As for the solo content here.... let's get real here, none of it provides a challenge, besides winning 2 bg's, which isn't a *huge* thing when you think about it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Your posts reveal you don't know the quest line at all.. beyond the elite, the bgs and valor grind, there are 50 boss drops you need and 40 trillium bars through out. The 50 boss drops take time, a lot of time! You could argue they require little effort but it takes a lot of time my friend! And lets not forget grinding exalted with the Black Prince as well...

You could make this argument for any legendary in the past as well...

I did mention that there was a long tedious grind, one that can be cheesed thru LFR lol. The solo part is still easy, just time consuming. As for "you could make this argument for any legendary".... I've never seen another legendary that was guaranteed before, so no, you can't make that argument. Also, you couldn't cheese legendaries through easier versions of the raid lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Guy my main is in my signature. Anyone can see when I started. Naxx 40 was hard because of broken classes and Vanilla's rampant over tuning. You may prefer over tuning...I prefer lots of mechanics.

Sunwell...welp my guild had some serious drama that knocked us from top 2-5 on the server to a guild that could barely do Kara. I think I only ever saw the first 4 bosses when it was relevant.

That's my point though, actually clearing something like Kil'jaeden is an actual achievement, and IMO is enough justification for dropping a legendary on it's own. Was no small task to even *get* to that boss.... compare that to LFR where you hit a queue button.

I feel it's not legendary, if everyone can get them (and by everyone, i mean everyone - all classes and specs).

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Legendary quests should never have been doable in LFR. Im hoping with flex around now if they decide to follow a similar path next expansion it will only be Flex/normal/heroic since they'll never make it be "heroic content only" as legendaries should be.
    Why "should" it be heroic only? What reason for this is there, other than to satisfy the top percents ego?
    I dont have it, since i just started playing again a month or so ago, but from what i heard, it took the better part of a year to get to the point where they are now, simply because of the time it took.
    Getting the blades from Illidan wasn't hard either, it was just a matter of luck, so i preffer the way it is nowdays.

Snip
    I've said it time and again.

Have a few versions of the legendary.

LFR version requires LFR Lei-shen and LFR Sha of fear to be eligible for the Legendary.
    Normal mode version requires Normal Lei-shen and Normal Sha of fear to be eligible for the Legendary.
    Heroic mode version requires Heroic Lei-shen and Heroic Sha of fear to be eligible for the legendary.

Each one has dif ilevel with LFR one being the lowest of the 3. 3 separate rewards for the 3 different kills you made but everyones rewarded in some manner.