Poll: Which race deserves most love in EXP 5?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How can gnome have so little votes, srsly, we didn't have any gnome lore patch or expansion since launch.
    They don't even have a capital yet and still they are a character race of the Alliance.
    Cause no one takes them seriously and it's understandable as far as I'm concerned, they are really annoying.

Still I'm not saying they shouldn't get lore but if they do, they should be the last. Draenei deserve the lore cause as far as anyone new is concerned they are just blue-ish goat people and their racial leader is one of the more important characters in the developing WoW story as opposed to the gnome leader whose only real achievement was to take up space.

10+ Year Old Account
    The High Elves of the Alliance of course, no doubt

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new races will always demand a lot of lore.

But of the old ones, Draenei and Tauren need some love. And Night Elves need something to redeem that horrible scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Unless they're a new race, which they won't be, they got enough in MoP via Jaina.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The biggest problem with Tauren is that ultimately all of their characters are the same just with a different class slapped on them. The only real exception to this was Magatha and she's gone.
    Is she though? Last I saw her she was in the Thousand Needles and gained an artefact from the cultists just after the cataclysm, I'm very interested in what she has planned but hope she isn't just thrown in as a raid boss.

And what characters though? We have Baine, Dezco, erm... those are the only -significant- tauren characters I can actually name aside from Magatha. And they're a warrior and sunwalker respectively, I can't recall any major tauren druids, shaman and so forth. Except perhaps that Grimtotem that saved Baine's life during the coup I'm honestly stuck.

Draenei, no contest.

Would love for Goblin, Tauren and Gnome to get some individual attention, too.

Irrelevant, since Blizzard only cares about Humans and Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Is she though? Last I saw her she was in the Thousand Needles and gained an artefact from the cultists just after the cataclysm, I'm very interested in what she has planned but hope she isn't just thrown in as a raid boss.

And what characters though? We have Baine, Dezco, erm... those are the only -significant- tauren characters I can actually name aside from Magatha. And they're a warrior and sunwalker respectively, I can't recall any major tauren druids, shaman and so forth. Except perhaps that Grimtotem that saved Baine's life during the coup I'm honestly stuck.

Hamuul Runetotem is one of the leaders of the Cenarion Circle, and Muln Earthfury is the leader of the Earthen Ring. Both very prominent but underused characters, as Malfurion and Thrall took the spotlight when it came to representing those two factions.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2013-10-05 at 05:05 PM.

Worgen, Gnomes, Tauren, Dranei, Goblins and a lot less Humans and Orcs
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Alliance:

Draenei - Most major Draenei activity I can recall since TBC would be Mishka from the Jade Forest... They need some love!
    Worgen - They've had their fun in Gilneas and Silverpine and that's mostly it. At least Genn's been on Pandaria.
    Gnomes - Could do with some major activity after their attempt at taking Gnomeregan.
    Dwarves - I'd love to see how the three clans work together (or don't) and how the leaders are after the little incident with helping Varian in Coldridge.
    Night Elves - Been around in MoP and had Hyjal in Cata, but still, could do with some more attention.
    Humans - I need not say a word.

Horde:

Tauren - Sure they've been around and had Dezco in MoP, but still seem to be in the background even though they're a race that's been there for quite awhile.
    Goblin - Gallywix hasn't been around for ages. I wanna see some deceit, explosions and crazy shit!
    Forsaken - They've had a bunch of love in Wrath and Cata, but now I wanna know what they're scheming, especially after Sylvanas' comment in SoO.
    Troll - Time to see how the Darkspear are in action, seeing their leader is now Warchief.
    Blood Elves - They've got a bunch of new toys to play with in blood magic from Animus etc etc so don't mind them tinkering with that in the background.
    Orcs - Again, need I say anymore...

But overall, definitely Draenei and Alliance in general (cept Humans, they can go play Hearthstone in an inn somewhere in Stormwind).

Tauren and draenei, with a little worgen aswell

For the Alliance;

Draenei first and foremost; Turn Velen into a High Templar from SC2 and Farseer Nobundo into a Dark Templar from SC2. The parallel between the two races ideology is interesting; for the Protoss you had the High Templar as the leaders of the Protoss race and when one High Templar sought the aid of the Dark Templar to defeat the Zerg he brought the two factions into one society again. Compare that to the Light for the Draenei, Farseer Nobundo was once a Paladin and when the light left him he was outcast. Cue the Wind calling to him and training him to become the first of the Eredar race, in all of it's incarnations, to become a Shaman. Another reason this could work is because of Nobundo's recent efforts against Deathwing alongside Muln Erthfury and Thrall, as well as Nobundo being listed as Co-Second in Command of the ER with Muln, could be told that Nobundo as seen firsthand the need for action and that siding with their former enemies, the Orcs and their Horde, is required while Velen could see a vision that shows how the Orcs would betray the Draenei in some fashion. That way you'd have the more pro-active Nobundo going out on his own to deal with stuff. If it turns out to be a Legion expansion then potentially swap Orcs with Man'ari Eredar and unlock sub-races or "alternative races" so you could , for example, choose a Night Elf or a High Elf and replace Shadowmeld with Meld, similar to Templar Assassin in DotA 2 (DotA 1 she's a Night Elf, DotA 2 she's more generic Elf).

Not quite sure if that's too much of a rip off of the Protoss lore, but something similar would be a pleasant change from the "holier than thou" stance you see from just about every single Draenei.

After Draenei, Worgen need some more love but they're supposedly getting some in Gilneas next patch so we'll see how that pans out as to whether or not they desperately need some more. Gnomes need Upper or Lower Gnomeragan back, not letting the Gnomes retake Gnomeregan so that Blizzard could keep the dungeon was a mistake. Could've let them take Upper Gnomeregan while the scenario for Horde in Gnomeregan was different; You would go in to sabotage the Gnomish efforts to rebuild and reactivate machinery, bosses would be erratic/broken Robots or the remainder of the Leper Gnomes and Dark Irons who happen to be guarding some secret device that the Gnomes also want.

Night Elves could do with a touch up, particularly Tyrande after her abysmal portrayal in the 5.1 quests. Yes she was impatient as a Commander in WC3, but when you've been a Commander for 10000 years you're not going to go "FUCK IT, CHARGE" like she seemed to.

Dwarves could do with a status update in regards to the standing of the Council of Three Hammers, Magni's condition, what have the Explorer's League turned up while we've been in Pandaria and what has Brann learned from being in the Vale for the duration of the Pandaria Campaign. After all, he was sat in the greatest lore repository found with potential first-hand sources on the Titans and the Mogu Creations.

Humans could do with a small bit, mostly concluding past stories or being involved in new ones as required. What's actually happening with the High King story, or has that been scrapped? I've not read about it in so long that I can't for the life of me remember.

Pandaren could do with some interaction between the Houjin and Tushui, we saw in SoO that Aysa retreats carrying a gravely injured Ji so seeing a conclusion to their events would be in order.

For the Horde, it largely depends on the expansion;

If it's a Legion expansion, the Orcs will have their part for their manipulation. I could see them targeting Pit Lords, or the Annihilan, in particular as that was how they were largely manipulated. We've not see how Garrosh will meet his end, so we could see a recreation of the Hellscream legacy if Blizzard were to pit Garrosh off again the new leader of the Annhilian, as Mannoroth was destroyed by Grommash. If it's an Old God and Azshara expansion I could see Thura (Broxigar and Varok Saurfang's Neice, inheritor of Broxigar's Cenarion Axe) playing a role instead of a larger Orcish presence. She at least, by way of the Axe, has a link to the Kal'dorei who would no doubt be involved.

Tauren need some lore progress, have them bring in some Yaungol who were prepared to talk to strangers once the Sha of Fear had been defeated and the Mantid fell back from Yaungol Lands. Have some sort of interaction between the Tauren, Taunka and Yaungol and have the Taunka teach the Yaungol to control Fire through their brand of Shamanism so that they can be freed from Ordos' Path. Also an option to have sub-races for all 3, possibly. Have Baine do something prominent, in SoO and the events leading up to it, he felt like he was tacked on rather than actually doing something. Even in Siege he just stands there and says something.

Trolls would depend on what Blizzard have planned for the Zandalari. There is room in the Lore to have the shattered remnants of the Troll tribes unite once more in a final effort but as that particular section of LFR was "Last Stand of the Zandalari" it's inferred that the Zandalari will no longer be a major driving force. With that, have Vol'jin answer a call by Rastakhan to aid what remains of Zuldazar and it's people. That would give you the possibility to then add more race, or even sub-race, options for Trolls with Jungle, Forest, Frost and Desert trolls slowly joining the Trolls as they'd come to Rastakhan's banner rather than Zul's. Bear in mind we havn't seen Zul in-game, so it could potentially be final resurgence of the united trolls under Zul but Blizz have options at this point.

Forsaken lore would depend on what happens next patch, I suppose. There really isn't much they can do apart from turn Sylvanas into an even crazier bitch, if it's a Legion expansion then there's the possibility of a Windrunner reunion scene, sort of like how the Dwarves had one when Muradin recovered from his amnesia, except it would probably end in tears as one or all of them would want to kill another.

Blood Elves are up in the air at the moment. They could spend time mending fences with the Kirin Tor and have them establish a sort of neutrality between the two for the purpose of Magic, perhaps have them create a Council of 6 comprised of Jaina, Grand Magister Rommath, Archmage Aethas Sunreaver, Archmage Modera, Khadgar and Kalecgos. That seems largely pro-Alliance on the List, but Kalecgos and Khadgar have been incredibly neutral in the past and would serve as a balance between the two. Failing that, Archmage Modera was the one who originally proposed that the Blood Elves rejoin the Kirin Tor before the events of WotLK. At least this way you'd have the most prominent Magi all under a single banner, while they'd still have their own organisations sort of how the Ashen Verdict is the Knights of the Ebon Blade as well as the Argent Crusade. Much like the Forsaken, they could also have some interaction with Alleria should she return.

Goblins actually have a Racial leader! Just... wow! To start with, have him actually do something, sort of leading the Goblin's efforts in whatever the Horde begin to do. Make it truly in-character and have him chasing money, while the other Races would be searching for whatever else. Have them develop a greater rivalry with the Gnomes, so that both factions can have a decent screen time. Think back to 1k Needles, how both races ran the Races and later on the Boat in Cataclysm. Build on that relationship and have them working together and one-upping each other a every turn.

Deleted
    1. Draenei
    2. Tauren
    3. Worgen
    4. Forsaken

Deleted
    No votes for goblins? Is this madness?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    No votes for goblins? Is this madness?!
    You actually saw your faction Leader in Siege, isn't that enough?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    You actually saw your faction Leader in Siege, isn't that enough?!
    I still want to see him in a vital role in the next x-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    I know everyone is going to say Draenei...but in my opinion? No. Just no.

There are SOOO many draenei I just lost interest in the race.
    I hate how everybody says this. Draenei are the 3rd least-played Alliance race only above Dwarf and Gnome and discluding Pandaren as they are still relatively new to draw accurate pop. placement. Prior to MoP they sat only a sliver above gnome - mostly b/c of Dwarf Shaman.

If you want a race to hate because there are SOOOO many, you should be hating Humans and Blood Elves who on select realms represent 40-50% of the ENTIRE faction's played race. (Why is why I hated how MoP turned in to Human vs. BE)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean "gone" as in not a part of the playable Tauren faction anymore. The one Tauren character that wasn't like the rest, isn't a part of the playable Tauren faction.

For what it's worth there have been 5 major Tauren characters. Cairne, Baine, Hamuul, Dezco and Magatha. Outside of Magatha they're the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I still want to see him in a vital role in the next x-pack.
    Goblins as a race are ok in the lore department, they've been consistently used since they joined the Horde and have never felt out of place. Gallywix does need to appear in game and do something though.

However this thread is about the races as opposed to individuals.

Deleted
    Gelbin Mekatorque dailly question question on the Timeless Island + Beta Golden Card in Hearthstone. I know it's fnothing big, but I take it as an hint. I guess most people never even know who the guy was before this.

Tbh any Alliance race but humans deserve something imo. I'm a troll player and I'm happy with recent lore events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Hell no. I like High Elves but they really need to tone it down with their involvement. When a non-playable race receives more story when others (such as Worgen or Draenei) that are playable do not then you have an issue.
    Also are a rare race. Seeing like a token crew of them is okay kinda like how some of the Alliance bases were pre MoP where there could be 1-3 of them. This is on top of the fact they're over saturating what we know as the Dalaran where their numbers almost give us the indication that Dalaran is a mostly High Elf city.

Which ever new races they add should get some good established lore. Draenei will get their day in the sun, but it has to go hand and hand with a Legion themed xpac.