Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question to other Heroic Fury Warriors

On single target fights how much better are you doing compared to other classes. I used to have to compare my performance to how high I ranked compared to our other dps and now I am better off this time around.

H Sha of Pride: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=7378#Snuglz
    - Obviously I could have gotten the Titan buff more to help and not got send down to help but I outplayed the warlock and rogue. Suprised how close our ret pally was to me. He has both Thok Tail Tip/Galakras trinket and it def mae a difference there.
    H Nazgrim:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=9913#Snuglz
    - I was on adds a lot of course but I do not know if I could have done alot better than I had.

A couple of things I have noticed: On the pull I have been bursting around 720-840k then obviously my dps slows down by alot but the time I am on top is very very short. After the burst everybody else skyrockets past me and sticks there for a little while typically while they still benefit from lust. Once we get into the meat of the fight I typically creep back up toward the top. Is it like this for everyone else? Or are you others relatively staying above everyone else for the most part.

It only happens a handful of times for me, Like if my Cruelty procs again during my second/third CS so I have double crits on a couple RB and maybe another strong SB crit. But other than that I drop like a rock. I would appreicate some imput to try and do better. We are currently on Heroic Malkorok and anyway for me to push my dps a little further would really help out.
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-10-03 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I got thok's tail and galkaras trinket (able to use SB in every CS window), I was able to be very competitive single target. I suspect the same will be true for you. How do you do on Iron Jugg?
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-10-03 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You listed Sha of pride as a comparison for single target but most of the damage propping you above the classes you listed was AoE on the reflections.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6991&e=7378

That said I don't think fury is doing too poorly relative to other classes atm. You shouldn't be consistently topping rogues or warlocks but you shouldn't be far behind either. Definitely enjoying my warrior a lot more this patch.

Neither of those are very good comparioson fights. I would look at normal Iron Juggs, N or H Malkorok, Garrosh, maybe siege crafter. Nazgrim is a decent comparison fight if you don't have to chase adds.

That said, I am feeling monsterous. I did get "gear in all the right places" including weapons and CDR but I have been roping the meters in my guild since week two. Nothing has changed this week. Nearly every fight I have dominated or been competitive. My main competition being a DK, Ele shams on AoE and Rogues and sometimes Locks on ST.
    There are a lot of other classes that will eat us on the pull, inc warlocks, but after that I pull ahead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Once I got thok's tail and galkaras trinket (able to use SB in every CS window), I was able to be very competitive single target. I suspect the same will be true for you. How do you do on Iron Jugg?
    With the Galakras Trinket it doesn't fit into EVERY CS if you time CS every time its off cd right
    It would be CS - SB - BT - RB - RB but then if I would do it on CD it would be CS - RB - SB - BT - RB or something.
    You have to delay your CS A tad don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Double upgraded heroic, so it is a split second delay that I just finagle in a dragon roar to sync it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have done Iron Jugg but the only problem is we did the strat all jacked up. We would hit him til siege phase then get blasted to the other side of the room and not attack him the whole time and just survive it and not deal with everything other than knockback dmg and beam. With this we have ALOT of downtime and it messes dps up.

But here it is for reference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=11494#Snuglz

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I would have done Iron Jugg but the only problem is we did the strat all jacked up. We would hit him til siege phase then get blasted to the other side of the room and not attack him the whole time and just survive it and not deal with everything other than knockback dmg and beam. With this we have ALOT of downtime and it messes dps up.

But here it is for reference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=11494#Snuglz
    Most guilds do that strat. Why I referenced normal IJ instead of heroic.

@CS: you lose next to nothing by delaying CS a second or so for SB if you have a weaker version CDR. If you get H or HWF CDR you don't have that issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Most guilds do that strat. Why I referenced normal IJ instead of heroic.

@CS: you lose next to nothing by delaying CS a second or so for SB if you have a weaker version CDR. If you get H or HWF CDR you don't have that issue.
    Yea I was wondering how to handle SB/CS sometime because I honestly base it on the situation. If a trinket just proc and CS is about to come up and it will Line up with a SB inside the CS then I will def hold it off. Typically I have been holding SB if CS is within 5 secs off CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you don't have the CD trinket, you should be using SB on CD. The exception would be if you had a proc come up (as you mentioned) and you want to line it up for massive damage. Man, I am sorry that you having to use those trinkets though. Best thing that happened to me was replacing my ToT trinkets. How are you liking the skeer's though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Since you don't have the CD trinket, you should be using SB on CD. The exception would be if you had a proc come up (as you mentioned) and you want to line it up for massive damage. Man, I am sorry that you having to use those trinkets though. Best thing that happened to me was replacing my ToT trinkets. How are you liking the skeer's though?
    I am liking it more than I thought I would honestly. Even though I don't really like its uptimes. for Sha it was 12%/ Nazgrim was 13%/ Fallen Protectors was 23%/Galakras was 11.9%. It does not last long and only proc'd 5-8 times a fight. And yea trinkets are def gonna change things. Been shafted so far on Galakras/Thok

Yea I was wondering how to handle SB/CS sometime because I honestly base it on the situation. If a trinket just proc and CS is about to come up and it will Line up with a SB inside the CS then I will def hold it off. Typically I have been holding SB if CS is within 5 secs off CD.
    My CS comment was directed at paint who has CDR, if you don't have any version of it, your losing dps by delaying either ability. Every other (odd number) SB should fall in SB.

H sha is probably one of our best fights due to the adds and our Bladestorm burst. Probably only Lose to ferals.

Currently I'm 6/14H. I'm featuring top 5 most fights on 25m. On juggernaut I play it safe and go defensive stance most of phase 2. But I only lose to feral/rogues on that. Top 3 on all tries top 5 on kill.

On Galakras, I'm top 3. 2/25 on kill.

Norushen I'm number 1 (because I'm the logger hahaha)

The thing is there's alot of fights where you can/should focus on mechanics and less on personal dps whoring. Take for instance, our rogues put priority on spider mines in H iron jug and didnt rank but contributed a big part to our progression.

On H Galakras I could have done another 100k more if I wanted but I was focusing on interrupting shamans and killing totems / banners which Bladestorm doesn't allow since I can't hit SB or interrupt whilst storming. Still ranked.

In short, this tier we can be top 5 in raid group but it is also a tier where we need to decide which is more important? Getting that top rank or making sure the guild gets the kill.

We subbed out our top dps for H Sha after he fail to catch his projection twice and wiped us twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    H sha is probably one of our best fights due to the adds and our Bladestorm burst. Probably only Lose to ferals.

Currently I'm 6/14H. I'm featuring top 5 most fights on 25m. On juggernaut I play it safe and go defensive stance most of phase 2. But I only lose to feral/rogues on that. Top 3 on all tries top 5 on kill.

On Galakras, I'm top 3. 2/25 on kill.

Norushen I'm number 1 (because I'm the logger hahaha)

The thing is there's alot of fights where you can/should focus on mechanics and less on personal dps whoring. Take for instance, our rogues put priority on spider mines in H iron jug and didnt rank but contributed a big part to our progression.

On H Galakras I could have done another 100k more if I wanted but I was focusing on interrupting shamans and killing totems / banners which Bladestorm doesn't allow since I can't hit SB or interrupt whilst storming. Still ranked.

In short, this tier we can be top 5 in raid group but it is also a tier where we need to decide which is more important? Getting that top rank or making sure the guild gets the kill.

We subbed out our top dps for H Sha after he fail to catch his projection twice and wiped us twice.
    Just in case someone doesn't know, you can use your interrupt shout while Bladestorming.

Deleted
    On single target fights how much better are you doing compared to other classes. I used to have to compare my performance to how high I ranked compared to our other dps and now I am better off this time around.

H Sha of Pride: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=7378#Snuglz
    - Obviously I could have gotten the Titan buff more to help and not got send down to help but I outplayed the warlock and rogue. Suprised how close our ret pally was to me. He has both Thok Tail Tip/Galakras trinket and it def mae a difference there.
    H Nazgrim:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=9913#Snuglz
    - I was on adds a lot of course but I do not know if I could have done alot better than I had.

A couple of things I have noticed: On the pull I have been bursting around 720-840k then obviously my dps slows down by alot but the time I am on top is very very short. After the burst everybody else skyrockets past me and sticks there for a little while typically while they still benefit from lust. Once we get into the meat of the fight I typically creep back up toward the top. Is it like this for everyone else? Or are you others relatively staying above everyone else for the most part.

It only happens a handful of times for me, Like if my Cruelty procs again during my second/third CS so I have double crits on a couple RB and maybe another strong SB crit. But other than that I drop like a rock. I would appreicate some imput to try and do better. We are currently on Heroic Malkorok and anyway for me to push my dps a little further would really help out.
    Classes burst differently, isn't that obvious? Also, Sha of Pride is a pretty bad fight to compare on. Galakras and Sha of Pride are the two only fight our warrior is even close to me (fire mage).

I usually lie lowest on the dps until my first trinket procs, then I start my Combustion chain and by the end of BL, I'm way above everyone else, then I fall down faster than everyone else until the next Combustion is ready. That's how fire burst works.

Iron Juggernaut and Malkorok, those are good fights to compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a 5:27 wipe on H Malkorok I have : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ws...=13941&e=14269

I do appreciate the input btw so thank y'all

I'm only 1/14h at the moment, but I've been absolutely killing it on the meters. It's not every fight, but I quite consistently claim #1 dps. Our Boomkin has been doing quite well and our Assassination Rogue can give me a run for my money, but that's pretty much it honestly. Our fire mage has gone from #1 every pull to usually around 3rd or 4th and he's not happy about it (though he's holding out for his new 4pc before he replaces the old 4pc.. so he's probably down on ilvl compared to most of us).

I also notice the same trend in terms of raid burst. I'm usually on top for the first few seconds, and by the time my CS window is finished, I'm getting passed pretty hard. I spend the next minute or so climbing back up to the top and then I generally stay there.

I went from almost always last in ToT to top 3 in my 10 man. Depending on the fight I usually get edged out by the Mage, Lock, or our Hunter that is 15+ ilvls ahead of me (lots of agi mail drops with 0 competition, he also has 4pc to my 1pc), I have had a few firsts though.

Single target fights, probably top 5-10. Doing really well this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Single target fights, probably top 5-10. Doing really well this tier.
    That's what happens when you raid with Collision.

Saggit's bad was rubbing off on your. Now collisions good is rubbing off instead.