Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Gen IV (D/P/P) almost made me quit Pokemon altogether. It was the worst generation, in my opinion.
    I think Gen V makes up for it ten times over though.
    Didn't play Black/White 1 but did play Black 2 and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've only seen it pop up in lower level areas. is there a way to make it show up? i've just been killing every pokemon that pops up on route 10 :/
    How to Audino farm:

1. hit town, buy repels
    2. find a spot that's around your level and is ACCESSIBLE (so you won't be running beneath ledges with grass on them)
    3. find some good music, or play the ingame music
    4. pop on your repel
    5. hop on your bike
    6. ride past the grass over and over until it begins to shake
    7. run to the grass, kill audino.

Things that will eliminate shaking grass before you reach it: Switching the screen to your bag or Pokemon menu (UNLESS it's an egg hatching - that's why you want to put on your repel before you start getting grass to shake), zoning out with the grass offscreen, getting into a Pokemon battle before you reach the grass (hence repel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    You can do this on any route with grass but try not to do it near surfable water.
    This is a good tip. You can get the equivalent of shaking grass in water (looks and sounds like a bubble) and in caves (dust clouds.) If you're looking for Audino specifically, don't farm in a place where you can see surfable or fishable water.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-10-07 at 02:38 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

How many new legendary pokemon are we getting this gen? I am seeing only 3 at this point. Also, how many "pseudo" legendaries like dragonite?

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Didn't play Black/White 1 but did play Black 2 and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Man, I think my favorite main series game has to be BW2. They felt like they had a lot to do postgame, and having the multiple difficulties was cool too.

Least favorites were D/P/P and the R/S/E coming in at second.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    How many new legendary pokemon are we getting this gen? I am seeing only 3 at this point. Also, how many "pseudo" legendaries like dragonite?
    just three right now, and 1 pseudo (goomy).

Expect around 2 more new event legendaries after release.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I think my favorite main series game has to be BW2. They felt like they had a lot to do postgame, and having the multiple difficulties was cool too.

Post game wise I've never enjoyed a Pokemon game as much as Emerald... Remind what there is to do in Black 2 post game?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account

Gen 3 is my favorite, followed by 2, 1, then 5 part 2, 4, then 5 part 1.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Gen 3 is my favorite, followed by 2, 1, then 5 part 2, 4, then 5 part 1.
    Gen 3 is hands down my favorite generation, yeah you had your pokemon such as Luvdisc but for the most part every bit about the game is solid.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Gen 3 is probably my favorite because it hit me right in that sweet spot where you're old enough to really understand Pokemon, but young enough to have all afternoon to play it.

So... /biased

If that so-called "legendary" Zygarde or whatever is really that stupid looking bug thing, I'm going to be pretty disappointed at the legendaries.

Post game wise I've never enjoyed a Pokemon game as much as Emerald... Remind what there is to do in Black 2 post game?
    There's PWT (Used to have DLC, and Pokemon rewards for participating.) and the Treehollow/Tower (You go to different areas and find a gate trainer, then fight the bosses. At the end, you get a Shiny Dratini or Gible. BTW, these battles are all repeatable, so you can do this as many times as you want to train your Pokemon. It's excellent for grinding.). There were also a few reopened routes, a few more legendaries to catch, and decent competitive play.

Plus, Battle Subway if you're into Battle Frontier-esque things.
    Personally, I hated the Battle Frontier and it wasn't very fun to me, since I was only beginning to really understand Pokemon and the new mechanics. I was around ten when R/S/E came out and despite playing since Gen I and sinking thousands of hours into all the games (and catching every single Pokemon in Crystal), I really sucked at Pokemon overall.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-10-07 at 02:50 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

best gens

from best to worst in my opinion.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    If that so-called "legendary" Zygarde or whatever is really that stupid looking bug thing, I'm going to be pretty disappointed at the legendaries.
    Its a legendary. I just wish they had included a legendary trio. Those were always my favorite.

i like zygarde

reminds me of some alien robot or one of those things from evangilon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Its a legendary. I just wish they had included a legendary trio. Those were always my favorite.
    might still be one. no way to know for sure how many non event pokemon and mega there are till the guide comes out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

"It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives."

Gonna nickname mine Algore
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    best gens

from best to worst in my opinion.
    But Gen 6 isn't out yet!

Immitis is there something you aren't telling us? ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    But Gen 6 isn't out yet!

Immitis is there something you aren't telling us? ;P
    It's his dirty secret.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his dirty secret.
    -puts on Vishas gloves... and pokers-

10+ Year Old Account
    the way Zygarde looks definitely makes me think that the whole X and Y thing is related to DNA now rather than X and Y planes. (dunno if that was ever discussed)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was, I think, linked that they said in an interview it was the axes of a coordinate plane. (Axes? Axises?)

Edit: Found it

My time with X and Y, though brief, was enlightening. Yet one question still stuck in my mind. Pokémon generations have always featured naming schemes where the sets of games are “opposite yet complementary” – they are all sets of things, but they could be viewed as opposites to each other: Red, Blue, and Yellow; Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I had seen X and Y as following this scheme, with X and Y being the female and male chromosomes, respectively. The feminine grace of Xerneas and the fierce, masculine image of Yveltal cemented this association in my mind. But it turned out my assumptions were completely wrong.

“The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games,” explained Yoshida. “We’ve taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge.”

When I explained my theory to Masuda, he seemed bemused. “Xerneas is meant to evoke imagery of eternity, while Yveltal is destruction. Perhaps you could see some ties between feminine and masculine qualities there!”
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...re-from-france
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-10-07 at 03:17 AM.