Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    And sorry I didnt know about the memory link.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Can we trade on day 1 when the game launches? I want to get Clawitzer on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Electric Pokemon can no longer be paralyzed
    Fire Pokemon can no longer be burned
    Grass types can no longer be leach-seeded
    This has always been the case. Poison and Steel can't be poisoned either. Sometimes Electric-types can be paralyzed though, by attacks like Body Slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Can we trade on day 1 when the game launches? I want to get Clawitzer on my team.
    Well, if you know someone that has the game as well.. Sure you can! Haha.
    I'll probably be getting both X and Y. I also got 2 3DS'. As I recently bought the 3DS Red Y Special Edition XL.

Can't wait! And I asume we can trade our FC's here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    This has always been the case. Poison and Steel can't be poisoned either. Sometimes Electric-types can be paralyzed though, by attacks like Body Slam.
    That's because not every paralyze is caused by electricity. But my Ampharos, for example, has been Paralyzed through Thunder Wave. And that's the thing that will be gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the 3D animations in the pokedex/pokemon info screen/in battle, im pretty impressed with how good they look (compared to say the stadium games) but i think i'll miss the nostalgic charm of sprites.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been umming and ahhing about this gen6 thing. Was planning on picking up Froakie to start, I'll get the event torchic and then get bulbasaur from the professor... Sounds like a good start to me, but suddenly I realised that straight away thats half of my pokemon team decided... Not sure how I feel about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Getting so close to release now. Something tells me this is going to be one of the most long and boring work weeks of my life.
    A good piece of advice I can give you is to work as hard and as much as possible this week. You will enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hmm, well, i was kinda thinking of not getting. but it's still a different story, so i might i guess. do you see other region's pokemon sooner in white 2? and the levels seem a little wonky looking on the wiki, is it harder than the first one or something?

sorry for noobing it up here... just curious and wanna know some stuff before i spend money on it.
    It's the same thing, with the only difference in the fact that Team Plasma is openly bad now and the main bad guy wants to freeze everything with Kyurem (thus the dual forms). But no, you are not missing on something if you don't get it. Just hold out for X & Y

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    That is complete immunity to my understanding, meaning that Body Slam's secondary effect will never paralyse an electric pokemon etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Well, if you know someone that has the game as well.. Sure you can! Haha.
    I'll probably be getting both X and Y. I also got 2 3DS'. As I recently bought the 3DS Red Y Special Edition XL.

Can't wait! And I asume we can trade our FC's here?

- - - Updated - - -

That's because not every paralyze is caused by electricity. But my Ampharos, for example, has been Paralyzed through Thunder Wave. And that's the thing that will be gone.
    Yes, I really hope that we will be doing that. Like, really. I want all Kalos starters fast

Deleted

I think I'll switch my pre-order to X. Goomy is enough to replace Skrelp/evo.
    Though that means I'll lose Spritzee, but if there's Snubbull available early... hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still a bit salty that Goodra isn't Poison/Dragon. Luckily, Skrelp's evo is really quite awesome looking, so he'll be in my second playthrough doing what Goodra cannot!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, that's... weak. like, do i at least get something for having a completed white save file on my ds? :/
    if you use the poke key majigger thingy whenever they talk about the protaganist from the first game they will use your name from white/black and when you battle your old rivals (not including gym battles) there teams will reflect what starter you picked in black/white.

other than that nothin changes if you do it fresh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Been reading through this post for a couple weeks now and had a few questions for this great community.

What tips would you give to a returning player that hasn't looked at the game sense gen 2? what systems and other things should i be looking into so im not horrifically lost in x and y

Little background so you know where im coming from, I played through red and yellow many many many times then through gold once. I just picked up a 3ds xl so i could play X with the gf ordering Y. I haven't even owned a handheld since my yellow edition GBC

Thanks in advance for any tips your all able to provide

also guys i dont need to play gen 6 to know it is the best.

pros

- biggest pokemon game to date

-3d battles

-full trainer customization

-all pokemon available adding to replayability

- pretty much all the new pokemon are awesome

cons

- not that many new pokemon.

sure the one con sucks ALOT. but all the pros far outweigh the cons and just knowing those things without even knowing anything else about the games makes me know its the best.

the ONLY way this isnt the best pokemon game ever is if its been an elaborate ruse and when we boot up the game its actually a sequel to pokemon ranger
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post

I think I'll switch my pre-order to X. Goomy is enough to replace Skrelp/evo.
    Though that means I'll lose Spritzee, but if there's Snubbull available early... hmm.
    I'm guessing claunchers evo has something to do with using that claw as a decoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm guessing claunchers evo has something to do with using that claw as a decoy?
    if it's anything like the animal it's based on, that claw will shoot out a bubble that's about ~8500 degrees fahrenheit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpheidae
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-10-07 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    Been reading through this post for a couple weeks now and had a few questions for this great community.

What tips would you give to a returning player that hasn't looked at the game sense gen 2? what systems and other things should i be looking into so im not horrifically lost in x and y

Little background so you know where im coming from, I played through red and yellow many many many times then through gold once. I just picked up a 3ds xl so i could play X with the gf ordering Y. I haven't even owned a handheld since my yellow edition GBC

Thanks in advance for any tips your all able to provide
    in terms of playing the game, its not a major difference, the amount of new pokemon may be a bit overwhelming in this game since theres about 700+ pokemon actually catchable in this game but unless you are trying to catch them all it wont be that bad.

but gameplay wise its pretty much the same, you still have 4 moves, you still take turns, you still walk around and pick up pokeballs with items in them, pokemon still pop out of the grass, ect ect.

2 major differences since gen 2. special attacks and physical attacks are seperate things now. for example special attacks for charizard would be things like flamethrower or fire blast, things where he himself doesnt physcially hit them. physical attacks are things like slash or bite where the pokemon would make physical contact.

so instead of just having an attack stat and a defense stat they now have a sp. attk, an attack, a defense, and a sp defense stat.

another big change is the fairy type, fairys are super effective against dragon, dark, and i think fighting, and they are weak against fire.

and the last big change, evs, stands for effort value. basically it was added to the game so that your pokemon would be special and different from the other pokemon of its same species.

each pokemon in the game has its own ev value, im pretty sure poochyena is like 3 attack. you can have a total of like 200 something evs.

so when your pokemon attacks and defeats a poochyena you get 3 attack evs or whatever it gives and your pokemon attack goes up slightly.

unless you plan on playing competitively evs dont matter so dont worry about killing the wrong pokemon and it messing your stats up, as far as playing the games it doesnt matter AND in this game there is a place where you can go and change them so if later on you choose to get into ev training you dont have to start all over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    more like has something to do with having a giant gun as an arm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the claw have have antennae then? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in terms of playing the game, its not a major difference, the amount of new pokemon may be a bit overwhelming in this game since theres about 700+ pokemon actually catchable in this game but unless you are trying to catch them all it wont be that bad.

but gameplay wise its pretty much the same, you still have 4 moves, you still take turns, you still walk around and pick up pokeballs with items in them, pokemon still pop out of the grass, ect ect.

2 major differences since gen 2. special attacks and physical attacks are seperate things now. for example special attacks for charizard would be things like flamethrower or fire blast, things where he himself doesnt physcially hit them. physical attacks are things like slash or bite where the pokemon would make physical contact.

so instead of just having an attack stat and a defense stat they now have a sp. attk, an attack, a defense, and a sp defense stat.

another big change is the fairy type, fairys are super effective against dragon, dark, and i think fighting, and they are weak against fire.

and the last big change, evs, stands for effort value. basically it was added to the game so that your pokemon would be special and different from the other pokemon of its same species.

each pokemon in the game has its own ev value, im pretty sure poochyena is like 3 attack. you can have a total of like 200 something evs.

so when your pokemon attacks and defeats a poochyena you get 3 attack evs or whatever it gives and your pokemon attack goes up slightly.

unless you plan on playing competitively evs dont matter so dont worry about killing the wrong pokemon and it messing your stats up, as far as playing the games it doesnt matter AND in this game there is a place where you can go and change them so if later on you choose to get into ev training you dont have to start all over

To add to this. Moves have changed a lot, base powers have been shifted, typings have been and so have PP values.

And on the EVs part; you can have up to 510 EVs total on a pokemon with a maximum of 252 invested in an individual stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    And on the EVs part; you can have up to 510 EVs total on a pokemon with a maximum of 252 invested in an individual stat.
    Actually it's 255, but you're right, there's no gain after 252. :P

Why can't the game release already? ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    To add to this. Moves have changed a lot, base powers have been shifted, typings have been and so have PP values.
    I somehow doubt the PP values of a lot of moves will be in his memory.

Other than that, nothing much has changed, looking at the way the game plays. It's still your regular Pokémon. And if things seem unclear, you'll probably learn as you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I somehow doubt the PP values of a lot of moves will be in his memory.

Other than that, nothing much has changed, looking at the way the game plays. It's still your regular Pokémon. And if things seem unclear, you'll probably learn as you play.
    Shit. I was really happy that Drain Punch got more PP in 5th gen. Incredibly happy.