Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Grasping at straws now cherry picker.

Let's see, oh these druid "talents" are such game changers. Lets see here, oh 3 different versions of the same movement boosting ability, how innovative.
    lol you are clueless. Healing tier for example nature's vigil and Heart of the Wild are both legit talent and make you play differently. The same goes for DoC and HotW for feral.

They replaced talents that actually improved your character through dmg / healing / mitigation with a bunch of perks that are trying waay to hard to be utility. All you end up with is a choice between 3 things that are practically the same perk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol you are clueless. Healing tier for example nature's vigil and Heart of the Wild are both legit talent and make you play differently. The same goes for DoC and HotW for feral.
    Lol, what amounts to a choice between 2 passives and a healing cooldown.

They replaced talents that actually improved your character through dmg / healing / mitigation with a bunch of perks that are trying waay to hard to be utility. All you end up with is a choice between 3 things that are practically the same perk.
    What if they all do damage? You can't change that fundamental aspect. The point is they make you play differently.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, what amounts to a choice between 2 passives and a healing cooldown.
    LOL because it's not a passive that only give you 5% damage?

I just wish the talent system, whatever it was, would allow niche builds like tanking moonkins. The Panzerkin was a fun concept in TBC.

Deleted
    How's this, can we go back to a vanilla esque talent tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I just wish the talent system, whatever it was, would allow niche builds like tanking moonkins. The Panzerkin was a fun concept in TBC.
    Playing around with Rangadin on Isle, because fuck you Blizz with your "let's shit on Melee all the time" design for mechanics, and I have to say I do miss some of the aspects of the older system. Literally, if Wrath (Via Symbiosis) generated CP, as it replaces Crusader Strike in your rotations effectively, and WoG with Glyph of Harsh Words benefited from Mastery I could probably see it being remotely used.

I think the current system is OK, but I think it exists more out of homogeneity than usefulness. What I mean is, in BC/Wrath you could do all sorts of silly talent specs that were varying levels of usefulness. I liked that and I also liked that alongside that there were cookie cutter specs that were pretty normal for raiding. The reality is the latter is still the case and the former just got clipped. I liked in BC when I was Hemo/Swords spec, and didn't go all the way down any trees, but cherry picked useful talents. That's interesting to me, so I would like something like that brought back. But maybe just ignore the 5 pts in each talent and just make it one. So you get to go down a tree, but it's less hectic. Less points, but still lots of choice.

I think the biggest advantage to the current system is that it allows you to swap builds more easily. But we still have builds now like we had builds then. You can find a tier here or there that might be an exception but for the most part there are still right and wrong choices.

The only difference now is that we get 1 point every 15 levels because they took all the other points and either baked them into the specs or they made them talent choices. It can be argued that the new system is better but I don't think anyone can convince me it's much of an improvement over the old trees.

In the next expansion I'd like to see another revamp along with a drastic reduction in base abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I think the current system is OK, but I think it exists more out of homogeneity than usefulness. What I mean is, in BC/Wrath you could do all sorts of silly talent specs that were varying levels of usefulness. I liked that and I also liked that alongside that there were cookie cutter specs that were pretty normal for raiding. The reality is the latter is still the case and the former just got clipped. I liked in BC when I was Hemo/Swords spec, and didn't go all the way down any trees, but cherry picked useful talents. That's interesting to me, so I would like something like that brought back. But maybe just ignore the 5 pts in each talent and just make it one. So you get to go down a tree, but it's less hectic. Less points, but still lots of choice.
    While cookie cutter is still the case but we have got many more than 1 cookie cutter now depending on encounters and some of them change your rotation/how you play. This is already an improvement over the old talent.

The old talent, you had 1 spec fit-all for serious raiding and MAYBE switching some talents you either do more dmg or tougher but it would't change how you play because all it did was giving %. Noone will use all those silly builds in heroic raiding too.

Considering blizzards track record, odds are they dumb it down even further. My guess is another "overhaul" that you hear about at blizzcon, where they might just remove talents altogether lol.
    To be honest, as they stand now, removal is not an issue in my book.
    I don't find the talents fun, cool or whatever. It doesn't matter if they are there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Everyone seems to bash the 5% more of something but I remember from when I was a tank in BC and before I might choose to take a dpser talent in place of a tank one once a boss was on farm.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard ignored people who like unconventional builds, interesting leveling builds, hybrid specs.

Blizzard thinks everyone needs to min/max for current progression and there can only be one cookie cutter.

Not true!

Now we do have the cookie cutters, because the talent tree has very few choices.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    How's this, can we go back to a vanilla esque talent tree?
    Doubtful. If the system is still so broken that we're no better off now than we were in Vanilla, Blizz'll likely just declare talents unfixable and axe the whole system.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Doubtful. If the system is still so broken that we're no better off now than we were in Vanilla, Blizz'll likely just declare talents unfixable and axe the whole system.
    They would gladly do that if the playerbase keep applauding any detrimental change they make.