Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

These are my two turtles. The top one is always being some sort of dick towards the other. Quite amusing some times :')

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Not what I expected when I saw new post in this thread!
    I know, so sorry but I juts had to ask, it's really beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Ummm no I don't, my mum's had it since before I was born and I turn 20 in December. I believe it's all 1 cactus rather than lots of smaller ones but my mum has taken cuttings of it and planted them in other pots dotted around the house and they've grown very well so I don't know exactly if it's all 1 plant still connected or a series of... well, detached limbs.
    It's probably just one that grow into other pieces for sure.

Thanks anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of my Shiba Inus are being very very lazy:

10+ Year Old Account
    Shibas are awesome!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    I bought new friends for my Achatina fulica (giant African land snail).
    The same species but my old snail is standard color (brown), new ones are 3 x white jade (albino flesh and brown shell) 1 x jadatzi f. construct (pure albino).

Lucky to be European, I heard they're illegal to keep as pets in USA because of their ability to adapt. In my country Estonia we have -20 degrees Celsius at winter sometimes, most of the time around -10 though. They wouldn't survive that.

Deleted
    I had no idea people kept snails as pets. How long do they generally live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I had no idea people kept snails as pets. How long do they generally live?
    5 years or so.
    They might be illegal in your country too, not sure but maybe that's why they're not popular there. They're really popular in UK though, about 90% of all snailkeepers I see online are from UK (yeah yeah, I visit special forums and joined a snail group in FB).

EDIT: all my snails together. The "big one" is still not even at half of its adult shell size. He's about 4 months old.

Last edited by mmoc5cd9ec035b; 2013-09-28 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    5 years? That seems a lot for a snail. And I have no idea if it's illegal here on Portugal or not. Though I do know we eat them for sure... Well, I don't. It's ew. o.o

The big one looks cool.

Edit: Went on google and there are snails of the size of a person's hand. Can the ones you have grow that big or?
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-09-28 at 02:23 AM.

Awesome snails! I personally think they're...well...kind of gross and if one was on me i would probably die ohgod, but it's cool to see something that's not very common!

Deleted
    Edit: Went on google and there are snails of the size of a person's hand. Can the ones you have grow that big or?
    Yeah, my snails are not of the world's biggest species though, but they're the most common giant land snails and most of the photos on Google are of the same species.
    Here's a photo of my "big" snail's mother:

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Awesome snails! I personally think they're...well...kind of gross and if one was on me i would probably die ohgod, but it's cool to see something that's not very common!
    Haha yeah, my boyfriend kind of hates them too, well, he cares about their well-being but he still hates them, it's some kind of weird love-hate relationship. I think he just knows that my snails make me happy and don't want anything to happen with them because of that.
    And well yeah... they're uncommon, maybe that's why some people dislike them. It's in human nature to dislike everything uncommon or different. I was a nature's child though, had to pet every snail and bug and stray animal around my house so I'm seeing them as cute. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Yeah, my snails are not of the world's biggest species though, but they're the most common giant land snails and most of the photos on Google are of the same species.
    Here's a photo of my "big" snail's mother:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KBM1eJQ.jpg/IMG]
    Damn. That's huge.

Deleted
    Damn. That's huge.
    That's what she said...

Yeah, that snail has 14cm long shell now as I've lately heard from her owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    My babies Luthien (background, trying to look innocent) and Pippin (trying to look regal).

Luthien fell asleep with Fauntleroy.
    "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Someone smacked my poor little kitty with a derpstick

Here she is looking a bit less derptastic
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I went to visit my parents and the dogs had apparently missed me....

Was tired as fawk and went to have a nap. When I woke up I was surrounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    So I went to visit my parents and the dogs had apparently missed me....

Was tired as fawk and went to have a nap. When I woke up I was surrounded.
    Love the brown doggie, what a perfect breed, big but not giant, fluffy but not a ball of furrrrr, what kind of dog is it?

(also the idea of a bed near a mirror is both disturbing for sleeping and quite interesting for loooooovemaking)

He's almost 10 years old, I think, and we got him as a puppy. Devil incarnate.

This one, we got him straight from the street, gave him a bath, some vaccines and the regular stuff. He's been with us for at least a year. The picture is right after his first bath.
    Last edited by dalch; 2013-10-07 at 06:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Love the brown doggie, what a perfect breed, big but not giant, fluffy but not a ball of furrrrr, what kind of dog is it?

(also the idea of a bed near a mirror is both disturbing for sleeping and quite interesting for loooooovemaking)
    It's a Border Collie (though they're usually black and white). Brown ones exist but arent that common AFAIK. Theres also difference in fur length and he has quite long fur... The previous one we had was black and white with a lot shorter fur.

The mirror is kinda freaky at times when you've just woken up... And it could indeed be quite interesting for some other "activities"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Someone smacked my poor little kitty with a derpstick
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pevygapl.jpg[IMG]

Here she is looking a bit less derptastic
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Wh8Nseal.jpg[IMG]
    She's really beautiful!