Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but when I OT (some nights our Monk can't make the farm bosses or doesn't want to tank them lol; I don't mind, I like tanking, but need to DPS for a raid spot), whenever we switch on those 2 bosses, I get hit really hard unless I Taunt with Demo Shout and a Barrier already up. Is that just me, or does it happen to everyone else too?

Our other tank is another warrior, he goes for Mastery and I go for straight Avoidance.
    10 man tank here. The method I use for tank swaps is to build up 100 (120 with glyph) rage, pop shield barrier + block, and taunt. The only time your health should spike is if you taunt during a major mechanic (ex. Juggernauts flame breath). My co-tank and I also announce all taunts on vent/mumble/etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else experienced not getting riposte when tanking Skeer the Bloodseeker during the paragons of the klaxxi encounter? I'm dodging/parrying attacks according to my combat log, but I am not getting riposte. I made a post about it on the Official WoW Bug forums, but it got buried fairly quickly.
    Last edited by farmergregor; 2013-10-07 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergregor View Post
    Has anyone else experienced not getting riposte when tanking Skeer the Bloodseeker during the paragons of the klaxxi encounter? I'm dodging/parrying attacks according to my combat log, but I am not getting riposte. I made a post about it on the Official WoW Bug forums, but it got buried fairly quickly.
    It is a known problem on several forums but I haven't seen any answer from Blizzard.
    Every wartank encountering this problem should at least make a ticket in game and we should probably start to tweet GC about it. (It may not be super-important in NM, but it could have a great impact in HM.)

I don't know if it's just me, but when I OT (some nights our Monk can't make the farm bosses or doesn't want to tank them lol; I don't mind, I like tanking, but need to DPS for a raid spot), whenever we switch on those 2 bosses, I get hit really hard unless I Taunt with Demo Shout and a Barrier already up. Is that just me, or does it happen to everyone else too?

Our other tank is another warrior, he goes for Mastery and I go for straight Avoidance.
    Could be somewhat of a healing issue. Healers slow to react to a tank switch still spamming heals on the MT post taunt swap. It's possible that you're both taking the same amount of damage, you just aren't getting the same amount of heals. If you run logs, it's easy to pinpoint taunt swaps and then compare incoming heals between yourself and the MT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Could be somewhat of a healing issue. Healers slow to react to a tank switch still spamming heals on the MT post taunt swap. It's possible that you're both taking the same amount of damage, you just aren't getting the same amount of heals. If you run logs, it's easy to pinpoint taunt swaps and then compare incoming heals between yourself and the MT.
    Yeah, if you could get some logs of this it would be ideal. At first glance however I would say it sounds a bit of a healing issue and that as soon as you dip below 100% the smart heals go on you and they top your shield back up instantly

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Yeah, if you could get some logs of this it would be ideal. At first glance however I would say it sounds a bit of a healing issue and that as soon as you dip below 100% the smart heals go on you and they top your shield back up instantly
    I believe we do have some logs, I'll see if I can dig some up and see if I can't figure out the problem.

Thanks for all the replies guys! You guys are awesome

As an aside, we got a small non-official raid together last night and put in some Garrosh attempts (We're 13/14 normal, raid 8-11 Wed + Thurs). Insanely fun fight. We got to P3 (burn phase) consistently, both 2 and 3 healing, but the adds kept getting us (from Empowered Whirling Corruption, I believe). I solo-tanked Garrosh throughout P1, then me and the other tank taunt swapped after like 3-4 stacks of the debuff. Simple fight for tanks, but I found it fun (especially when my OT, who's a monk, accidentally got caught by the Iron Star >). Much fun and laughs were had. Looking forward to downing it this coming week.

Would this be the place to post some logs for feedback? I feel like I'm doing well with my warrior right now but I always want to push myself for better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Would this be the place to post some logs for feedback? I feel like I'm doing well with my warrior right now but I always want to push myself for better performance.
    Yes, it is a good place for this.
    There's also the "Fix my dps" stickied thread, but as the title says, you should use it if you're only concerned about dps.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    There are a few people who will be willing to help you out. If you have specific things you are looking for then I can take a look.

Deleted
    As an aside, we got a small non-official raid together last night and put in some Garrosh attempts (We're 13/14 normal, raid 8-11 Wed + Thurs). Insanely fun fight. We got to P3 (burn phase) consistently, both 2 and 3 healing, but the adds kept getting us (from Empowered Whirling Corruption, I believe).
    You don't need to worry about adds in the last phase, place your mocking banner between Garrosh and ranged players (who should be loosely stacked/dodging swirls during Emp. Whirling Corruption), and have everybody full nuke on the boss. The 'beating' you get off the adds (if you can call it that >.>) adds some nice Vengeance to increase your dps on Garrosh. I tend to kill one of the adds so the others get buffed for even more Vengeance.

Biggest problem in phase 3 is the mind control IMO, Ring of Peace/Solar Beam still work even though the adds are meant to be 'unsilenceable' (the interrupt part of the abilities kicks in).

Hope this helps GL!

A question for heroic 25 man raiders. I am making the switch from 10 to 25 man raiding. 9/14HM.

For 10 man avoidance has been fine. I don't need to go in to it sure we are all loving it. In 25 man are people finding spike damage to be an issue? I have been collecting mastery off pieces and the new guild has talked about it. I have convinced them to let me stay avoidance with an understanding a switch to mastery will happen should tank damage be an issue.

Please no generic avoidance vs mastery gibberish. I am just curious to see how other 25 man warrior heroic tanks are dealing with things.

Oh and before you mention Methods tank going avoidance he still has 70%+ critical block so he has not ignored mastery completely.

Ignore Sco. Ignore everyone. Do what works for you. If your healers are having issues with spike damage then mastery may be the way to go for you.

I find that avoidance stacking has not any negative even in 25 man heroic tanking (10/14 H). The extra rage/damage is huge. I have been collecting as much mastery gear as possible though just incase I ever need to switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    A question for heroic 25 man raiders. I am making the switch from 10 to 25 man raiding. 9/14HM.

For 10 man avoidance has been fine. I don't need to go in to it sure we are all loving it. In 25 man are people finding spike damage to be an issue? I have been collecting mastery off pieces and the new guild has talked about it. I have convinced them to let me stay avoidance with an understanding a switch to mastery will happen should tank damage be an issue.
    Please no generic avoidance vs mastery gibberish. I am just curious to see how other 25 man warrior heroic tanks are dealing with things.
    Oh and before you mention Methods tank going avoidance he still has 70%+ critical block so he has not ignored mastery
    completely.
    It is really fight dependant id say, most of the early bosses does not hit extremely hard which some of the later ones do. My suggestion would be to find some kind of balance between the avoidance and mastery and from there gem/reforge accordingly.
    If you are wiping on enrage because of that little extra dps you could go more avoidance.

There is no correct answer to your question. What blizzard thought through with SOO however is that many talents that you normally ignore have shown themselves very useful!

is slootbag's build viable ? mastery=crit > avoidance

edit:
    with dps trinkets, i feel like it will be better because from what i gather i will have good amount of mastery and crit which will smooth the damage intake while keeping good damage output. it will help me alot since i raid 10 man.
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2013-10-08 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    A question for heroic 25 man raiders.
    Avoidance is pretty fine through at least 11 bosses. Haven't had firsthand experience with Siegcrafter through Garrosh on heroic so can't comment on them.

So I'm currently stacking Mastery, and am seriously considering flipping Avoidance based on my reading here. In making this change, would you want to go pure Red/Yellow Dodge/Parry gems, or balance it a bit by going Purple/Green Dodge/Stam and Parry/Stam gems.

I guess the question is, will the added buffer of health help mitigate the spikier damage from the avoidance build? Or just go full bore avoidance Reds/Yellows and let the healers figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Shtanky View Post
    So I'm currently stacking Mastery, and am seriously considering flipping Avoidance based on my reading here. In making this change, would you want to go pure Red/Yellow Dodge/Parry gems, or balance it a bit by going Purple/Green Dodge/Stam and Parry/Stam gems.

I guess the question is, will the added buffer of health help mitigate the spikier damage from the avoidance build? Or just go full bore avoidance Reds/Yellows and let the healers figure it out?
    I would say it depends on how comfortable you and your healers are with you health pool. I'm seeing a lot of dual stam trinkets + pure stat gems, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Yes, it is a good place for this.
    There's also the "Fix my dps" stickied thread, but as the title says, you should use it if you're only concerned about dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    There are a few people who will be willing to help you out. If you have specific things you are looking for then I can take a look.
    Awesome, here's our logs from last night with our first kills on Malkorok and Spoils: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ox2hw1om629ax079/ Also from previous raid night with clearing through Nazgrim: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jv37lm5tl42aa1rt/

Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for in my logs to see what I can improve. My focus on fights with physical damage has been to have as much shield block uptime as possible while making sure I have full SBar when needed on magic damage fights. I know that doesn't help you to look for anything specific but if you see anything from a high level that I'm not doing well I would love the feedback.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Ignore Sco. Ignore everyone. Do what works for you. If your healers are having issues with spike damage then mastery may be the way to go for you.

I find that avoidance stacking has not any negative even in 25 man heroic tanking (10/14 H). The extra rage/damage is huge. I have been collecting as much mastery gear as possible though just incase I ever need to switch.
    Not having any problems with an avoidance build either and I definitely feel this is the vastly superior gearing strategy compared to all the rest
    If there is still the need to 4 heal Garrosh I *Might* go a tiny bit more mastery heavy but nothing significant

Spikes that would kill you or make you hard to heal occur A LOT less than the actual legendary cloak proc so any big burst is pretty much negated that way as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    I would say it depends on how comfortable you and your healers are with you health pool. I'm seeing a lot of dual stam trinkets + pure stat gems, though.
    Exactly what I'm doing
    Bosses just don't hit hard enough as a warrior relative to the health pool you have to really merit going stamina over the massive gains you get from an avoidance build imho

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    is slootbag's build viable ? mastery=crit > avoidance

edit:
    with dps trinkets, i feel like it will be better because from what i gather i will have good amount of mastery and crit which will smooth the damage intake while keeping good damage output. it will help me alot since i raid 10 man.
    It's viable and extremely fun. However my experience with trying the crit build was that I needed ALOT of crit to make it work well, to the point that I would end up having to upgrade via pieces that could be used by the DK or Fury warrior on my team. After experimenting with the various builds, I settled into the avoidance build.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    You don't need to worry about adds in the last phase, place your mocking banner between Garrosh and ranged players (who should be loosely stacked/dodging swirls during Emp. Whirling Corruption), and have everybody full nuke on the boss. The 'beating' you get off the adds (if you can call it that >.>) adds some nice Vengeance to increase your dps on Garrosh. I tend to kill one of the adds so the others get buffed for even more Vengeance.

Biggest problem in phase 3 is the mind control IMO, Ring of Peace/Solar Beam still work even though the adds are meant to be 'unsilenceable' (the interrupt part of the abilities kicks in).

Hope this helps GL!
    Finally figured that out, haha (didn't read this until now).

18 tries Sunday night, another 11 last night for shits and giggles. Got him to >5% quite a few times before we finally called it because it was really late (1 my time). Best wipe was 10.2k health left on him >.> After which we all proceeded to verbally abuse ourselves for what we should have done (I went for a Disrupting Shout too, interrupt instead of a Devastate ._.). Should get it this week on 25, if not we'll get the 10 man together again.

I'm still really liking the Avoidance set-up. I don't really tank anymore, but I take less overall damage than anyone (other tanks are BM Monk and another Warrior - who's the RL and doesn't do trash), on top of consistently doing more damage, and I have ~8-10 ilevels less gear than them (Logs from last week: Forf only went tank for some trash, Atank hands out loot and doesn't do any trash at all; it's become something of a running joke for the guild).

As an aside, is there anything you guys can find that I can possibly do better? I feel fine how I am doing it, but I always want to improve if there's a chance I can =D