Thread: Alliance..

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance..

I've been highly considering making the switch to the Alliance and try something new. Should I do this? Are the Alliance friendly in dungeons and raids? Also, do they really lose battlegrounds a lot of the time?

Thanks in advance.

Can't really generalize about a group of people. You'll find the same kind of people on both factions.

There's very little difference in personality between Horde and Alliance players, I find.

Deleted
    Horde, Alliance; people in both, good and bad apples. Always fun to try both side though, and along the way you will find both good and bad on both sides, as other stated already. People want to claim that Horde players are menace and Alliance players are childish, but that is just stupid claims really. Should just try to enjoy the ride on the Alliance steed!

And for BG's, I always loose like 70% of the time, no matter what side Im on lol. So its just about the battlegroup, some is stronger then others for certain factions.

The people you meet will be pretty much the same, and as for BG's it's all about the time of day you play. I've noticed early afternoon and late night/early morning (Aus time, dunno for you) Alliance tends to stomp BG's but from around 2pm-11pm it's Horde ground. (again, Aus time)

Deleted
    This is advice from someone playing both, so no bias.

Dungeons and raids, Alliance I find to be friendlier than Horde and about equal skill level. both sides have their extremes, you jsut have to associate yourself with those you wish to play with.

My horde BG win ratio is FAR higher than on my alliance. (70% victory average as horde while 40%-45% won as Alli) This experience rings true over hundreds of battlegrounds played. Horde just seem to play better overall (in EU) and it is more apparent when the default EU battlegroups come against the German / French horde who usually proceed to dominate the BG.
    Gilneas / WSG / IoC / AB / EOTS in my experience Horde win alot. Kotmogu / Twin peaks / DWG / AV seem pretty even in my experience with both my factions characters floating around 50%
    Silvershard mines seems completely and utterly horde dominated, I am speaking 80ish games played with 3ish of those lost. (not played it as Alli yet, going specifically on it for Khan)

As for experience, change is nice, but I find some of my characters struggling for gold without acess to all my professions which is something I keep i mind for my characters now

On PvP servers, I find the Alliance to be a little friendlier than the Horde. But I think this is partially from being so ridiculously outnumbered we're somewhat forced to be nice to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    On PvP servers, I find the Alliance to be a little friendlier than the Horde. But I think this is partially from being so ridiculously outnumbered we're somewhat forced to be nice to each other.
    This pretty much plus SW>ORG

10+ Year Old Account
    i play both sides and there is no difference at all other than the shape of your pixels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Can't really generalize about a group of people. You'll find the same kind of people on both factions.
    Yep, agree. Can also depend on the ratio of Alliance:Horde of the particular realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on the server, for example if you play in Moonguard, the Alliance are nicer, and way more weird if you go to goldshire inn, but in general, nicer... but if you play in Ragnaros, you will find more raiding and social guilds in the horde

Deleted
    If you're the "loud" type, go for it, you'll get to whine because "Blizz favors Horde" as you raid Orgrimmar, and ask for High Elves before every xpac without realizing that they would bring NOTHING to the table both from a lore perspective and from a cosmetic perspective.

/troll mode off.

People are people, wether they're Alliance or Horde. Just play the race you want to play, in the faction where you want to play. You'll find douches and nice people on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    They lose BGs just as much as Horde and they are just as good or bad in dungeons.
    The downside is instead of cool orcs and goblins you got boring apathetic humans bumming you out and angry gnomes humping your leg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well atleast the alliance aren't horde scum!

All jokes a side,

Don't think there is much different maybe in PvP or PvE, but not that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Well atleast the alliance aren't horde scum!
    Maybe so, but Alliance only have ONE cool race, where Horde have FIVE... ;-)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Maybe so, but Alliance only have ONE cool race, where Horde have FIVE... ;-)
    Actually we have alot of cool races.

Gnomes.
    Dwarfs.
    Night Elfs.
    Worgen.
    Draenei.

5 vs 5. x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Gnomes.
    Saying that should be illegal.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There's very little difference in personality between Horde and Alliance players, I find.
    agreed. so very much agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get to win IoC and AV like... all the time.

That's something...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

Gnomes.
    Dwarfs.
    Night Elfs.
    Worgen.
    Draenei.

5 vs 5. x)
    Wrong..

It's Dwarf vs Troll, Tauren, Forsaken, Goblin & Orc..

Rest of the races suck monkey balls...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/