Resto tips/help with Garrosh Hellscream 10 man

Hey folks,

Last night my guild attempted Garrosh Normal for the 2nd week, we've decided to 2 heal it as we read it's better for the encounter. Our best try was getting him to 16%hp in Phase 2 before the final burn phase.

We've come to the conclusion that after a bit more gear we should have this pretty much nailed, but I would like to know if there is any healing tips for handling the Empowered Whirling Corruption?

Our log of our best try http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11481&e=12112

Ok it didn't help our hunter died twice and then our priest died in the transition phase so I had to heal it solo and the resulting empowered whirling corruption lol.

If there is anything else anyone would like to add about their xp in this fight it would be very much appreciated
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 25 mans and we overgear it so much that we only get like 1 empowered whirlwind But back in progression, I would usually pop either HTT or HST (w/ rushing streams) for it and spam chain heals. On 10man, I'd spam surges instead.
    Also, for other healing cooldowns, I usually use Ascendance + SLT for intermission, it usually has very low overheal. Also, don't forget to boost yourself with elementals / use intellect pot if you need to heal more, especially in 10man with 2 healers, it's really noticeable !

Quote Originally Posted by Mirean View Post
    I raid 25 mans and we overgear it so much that we only get like 1 empowered whirlwind But back in progression, I would usually pop either HTT or HST (w/ rushing streams) for it and spam chain heals. On 10man, I'd spam surges instead.
    Also, for other healing cooldowns, I usually use Ascendance + SLT for intermission, it usually has very low overheal. Also, don't forget to boost yourself with elementals / use intellect pot if you need to heal more, especially in 10man with 2 healers, it's really noticeable !
    Yeah I was keeping HTT and HST for the whirling corruption, for the intermission parts I would just plonk a healing rain on top of Garrosh and use my chian heal(glyphed) with a HST seemed to do the trick.

I've just looked over my longest fight log and realised I need to use Ascendance more :> using it once in a 10+min fight is bad xD. There is so much to take in I guess it didn't help that the other healer died.

Thanks for the advice though i'll take that on board

Deleted
    I'm usually playing Ele but for Garrosh 10N I'm duo healing it with Resto Dudu. We handle empowered whirlwing by assigning raid cooldowns. As we have 2 whirwlings in p2 on first one druid burns Tranq, I use HST and chain heals. For second one (I was assigned HTT but I changed it to make p3 smoother) I use Primal Earth Elem Reinforce + Ascendance + HST and spam myself with chains and Greater Healing Wave. Mind that you always have to use HST on whirlwing so count it's cd during regular P2. Usually it's enough but probably sometimes we have devotion aura/warrior raid cd to reduce dmg taken. On P3 where there are like 1 whirlwing (but since all raid is stacked close to garrosh) I use HTT + HST (Totemic persistance) + Spirit Link Totem just in case. Then Tank grabs add and gg - kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    I'm usually playing Ele but for Garrosh 10N I'm duo healing it with Resto Dudu. We handle empowered whirlwing by assigning raid cooldowns. As we have 2 whirwlings in p2 on first one druid burns Tranq, I use HST and chain heals. For second one (I was assigned HTT but I changed it to make p3 smoother) I use Primal Earth Elem Reinforce + Ascendance + HST and spam myself with chains and Greater Healing Wave. Mind that you always have to use HST on whirlwing so count it's cd during regular P2. Usually it's enough but probably sometimes we have devotion aura/warrior raid cd to reduce dmg taken. On P3 where there are like 1 whirlwing (but since all raid is stacked close to garrosh) I use HTT + HST (Totemic persistance) + Spirit Link Totem just in case. Then Tank grabs add and gg - kill.
    Cheers, would you recommend using Totemic Persistance on this fight over call of the elements? Lastly do you glyph chain heal for this fight? I personally love the glyph.

Deleted
    I can't see playing withou this glyph on 10m. I use persistance to drop both HTT and HST and to not override MTT with HTT / Earth elem with shield totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Hey folks,

Last night my guild attempted Garrosh Normal for the 2nd week, we've decided to 2 heal it as we read it's better for the encounter. Our best try was getting him to 16%hp in Phase 2 before the final burn phase.

We've come to the conclusion that after a bit more gear we should have this pretty much nailed, but I would like to know if there is any healing tips for handling the Empowered Whirling Corruption?

Our log of our best try http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11481&e=12112

Ok it didn't help our hunter died twice and then our priest died in the transition phase so I had to heal it solo and the resulting empowered whirling corruption lol.

If there is anything else anyone would like to add about their xp in this fight it would be very much appreciated
    Your guild chose wisely to 2 heal it. We've tried both 2 & 3 healing it, and we got the kill 2 healing it.

Anyhow, the main thing, as others have mentioned, is to use HTT and Ascendence (along with SWG) for the empowered whirling corruptions. Usually, he lines at lest one of them (either the 2nd or 3rd) to be right after a desecrated weapon. Use HTT for that one, and Asc. for the other. Save spirit link for the intermission, though my experience is that only red crane is problematic for healing (whether the slower group can get the orb is a complete crap shoot).

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Your guild chose wisely to 2 heal it. We've tried both 2 & 3 healing it, and we got the kill 2 healing it.

Anyhow, the main thing, as others have mentioned, is to use HTT and Ascendence (along with SWG) for the empowered whirling corruptions. Usually, he lines at lest one of them (either the 2nd or 3rd) to be right after a desecrated weapon. Use HTT for that one, and Asc. for the other. Save spirit link for the intermission, though my experience is that only red crane is problematic for healing (whether the slower group can get the orb is a complete crap shoot).
    Yeah we first tried 3 healing it, but it wasn't working for us. The log I linked, our disco died just before one of the intermissions in Phase 2, I ended up solo healing it and when we got back to garrosh it was going ok until I was cc'd and being the only healer everyone died :> dam rng. We were on 16%, so close to Phase 3

Thanks for your reply i'll make use of the info on our next lockout.

Deleted
    We 2-healed this easily and the key was really for everyone to use personal defensives and making sure none of the adds ever got buffed. Pretty much every dps class you have in your team can mitigate it easily.

Your mage should respec Temporal Shield. I don't know why he has Ice Barrier, but Temporal Shield is MUCH MUCH better and its CD is ready for EVERY whirl. There's no reason not to take it.

Your DK took a LOT of damage from the whirl. Make sure he always uses his AMS on himself during it.

Your players should just learn to use defensives a bit more and that's the key of handling it well. Make sure they also always use Healthstones if they get low on hp to help the healers so you don't have to drop loads of mana to get them up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    We 2-healed this easily and the key was really for everyone to use personal defensives and making sure none of the adds ever got buffed. Pretty much every dps class you have in your team can mitigate it easily.

Your mage should respec Temporal Shield. I don't know why he has Ice Barrier, but Temporal Shield is MUCH MUCH better and its CD is ready for EVERY whirl. There's no reason not to take it.

Your DK took a LOT of damage from the whirl. Make sure he always uses his AMS on himself during it.

Your players should just learn to use defensives a bit more and that's the key of handling it well. Make sure they also always use Healthstones if they get low on hp to help the healers so you don't have to drop loads of mana to get them up fast.

Ah ty for looking over the log, I shall pass on these suggestions and make sure they make the changes. As myself need to use my Ascendance more and my Astral Shift. Yeah i've mentioned on our website thread that Healthstones and selfheals defensives during Empowered Whirling Corruption is a massive help. Tanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Ah ty for looking over the log, I shall pass on these suggestions and make sure they make the changes. As myself need to use my Ascendance more and my Astral Shift. Yeah i've mentioned on our website thread that Healthstones and selfheals defensives during Empowered Whirling Corruption is a massive help. Tanks again
    SWG works well for the transition phase as well to keep your group going through annihilate. you mostly just need to keep hr down on top of him but its a good opportunity for CH and such and can help.

depending on the number of whirling corruptions you can choose either rushing streams or AG. AG will give you additional burst for corruptions and helps on the spread out ones. Overall RS does more healing over the course of the fight but AG can help you finish the fight more easily.

AS is pretty good and so it SBT. You can have SBT up for every whirling and its also useful on the transition.

some logs of my last kill
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rxao3e9vfzajd19x/

I didn't use ag in the above as I was experimenting with it and had it off for the attempt we got a kill. It's still a competitive choice.

Furthermore I recommend the glyph of chaining for healing the second half of this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    SWG works well for the transition phase as well to keep your group going through annihilate. you mostly just need to keep hr down on top of him but its a good opportunity for CH and such and can help.

depending on the number of whirling corruptions you can choose either rushing streams or AG. AG will give you additional burst for corruptions and helps on the spread out ones. Overall RS does more healing over the course of the fight but AG can help you finish the fight more easily.

AS is pretty good and so it SBT. You can have SBT up for every whirling and its also useful on the transition.

some logs of my last kill
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rxao3e9vfzajd19x/

I didn't use ag in the above as I was experimenting with it and had it off for the attempt we got a kill. It's still a competitive choice.

Furthermore I recommend the glyph of chaining for healing the second half of this fight.
    Thanks again, and for supplying your log, I look forward to looking at it Yeah I was plonking a healing rain on garrosh for the transition phases so it's good to know other ppl are doing it! I might give SBT a try on our next attempt, I never thought of using AG cos I still have my t15 2 pieces and paired with RS makes it very tasty. We are looking forward to getting more gear tonight and hopefully the coming Monday we'll see Garrosh Hellscream hit the dirt!