Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The new LFR wing...

I tanked, lead and did marks but still nowhere near as bad like I was expecting. Thok's chomp does 155k and he was actually the easiest boss. 2 shot Malkorok, 3 shot Spoils and 1 shot Thok. And still no tailtip...

If they are gonna nerf the fights to the ground at least the gear could be nerfed accordingly.

I think Hogger level greens would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If they are gonna nerf the fights to the ground at least the gear could be nerfed accordingly.

'dat entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    'dat entitlement.
    They literally took every major mechanic and removed it.

Do you know how little 155k is on the healthpool of somebody getting 528 gear? Without coordination on spoils it becomes an AoE fest. Without Thok really doing anything it becomes a tank and spank (he doesnt chain cast the interrupt).

A tank in spank raid fight without any real dps requirement, because LFR, should not be giving good loot. Even patchwerk had a dps requirement.

Seriously. Spam AoE. Burn Thok. this is what the 3rd wing is.

Effort<<<<<<<<<<<<<<reward.

Cannot speak for Malkorok on this one, but if they 2 shot it opposed to Nazgarim 5-9 stacks, then he has had alot removed as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you know how little 155k is on the healthpool of somebody getting 528 gear? Without coordination on spoils it becomes an AoE fest. Without Thok really doing anything it becomes a tank and spank (he doesnt chain cast the interrupt).

A tank in spank raid fight without any real dps requirement, because LFR, should not be giving good loot. Even patchwerk had a dps requirement.

Seriously. Spam AoE. Burn Thok. this is what the 3rd wing is.

Cannot speak for Malkorok on this one, but if they 2 shot it opposed to Nazgarim 5-9 stacks, then he has had alot removed as well.
    You are assuming everyone puts little to no effort what so ever when they enter LFR.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

Since when has LFR been about effort? You go in, you put in a marginal amount of time and effort, you "see" bosses and content and get your 528, which is significantly less powerful than the full fights' rewards. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You are assuming everyone puts little to no effort what so ever when they enter LFR.
    People can try to put in effort, but the effort needed is just not warranting of the rewards because most will not put in any more than needed, while getting the same rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Since when has LFR been about effort? You go in, you put in a marginal amount of time and effort, you "see" bosses and content and get your 528, which is significantly less powerful than the full fights' rewards. What's the problem?
    A tank and spank without a dps requirement. Do you know how ridiculous that is? No other fight has been like that, ever.

Oh so he deals a bit of damage to the raid thats easily healed. Okay.

All of Malkorok's mechanics are still there. I marked the 3 areas of the smash and used a green marker for the safe area. It's tuesday so pretty much everyone listened by the 2nd attempt. The breath hits hard enough that we lost enough people to not split the cleave. 1m health wipe.

Most spoils deaths were from the mantid commander's bombs. The griefing will probably get worse towards the weekend.

All I can say is yelling and calling people names won't help while leading. I mellowed out with that stuff after TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    All of Malkorok's mechanics are still there. I marked the 3 areas of the smash and used a green marker for the safe area. It's tuesday so pretty much everyone listened by the 2nd attempt. The breath hits hard enough that we lost enough people to not split the cleave. 1m health wipe.

Most spoils deaths were from the mantid commander's bombs. The griefing will probably get worse towards the weekend.
    Okay, so Malkorok is not ruined. Good to know, didnt see him, came in on Malkorok. As far as I saw, it took significant effort to kill people on spoils, since the damage was nerfed and the boxes are controlled.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is so awful then don't do LFR, stick to higher difficulties.

LFR has never been hard because of the mechanics, it is "hard" because of people being bad. Once you get people that can follow basic instructions, of course you will clear any LFR content no problem.

But if you want a challenge, you have the higher difficulties. Do them instead of complaining about easy content being easy, because that won't change, ever.

Yes. That was to be expected after the mess LFR was up to this point after a great portion of able players had no more reason to go there. LFR's probably going to be like that from now on.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Giscoicus, you, sir, are the epitome of being an elitist jerk. i find no issues with those who want to see content and then get significantly less powerful gear for significantly easier fights. because I know that they are doing what they can with the time they have. while you or i could easily down most or all of SoO normal, those people who do lfr dont have that skill level or time to invest in clearing that place. just sit down, and eat your cheerio's quietly. theres people trying to have fun here.
    Last edited by Elbleino; 2013-10-08 at 11:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, now they just need to make the second wing like the first and third and then I'll feel like it's safe to go in LFR on my alts again.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Yes. That was to be expected after the mess LFR was up to this point after a great portion of able players had no more reason to go there. LFR's probably going to be like that from now on.
    Oh please. Have people already forgotten how ToT was when it opened?

The first wing of LFR SoO is now one shots all the way through as people learn the fights and get more gear, I'm sure this will follow with the others soon enough.

I was kinda hoping Thok woulld one shot people that got in his way.

Or just stat-less gear for Xmog. That would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giscoicus you have no fucking idea. There is a massive difference in item level between normal and lfr. There does not need to be more. And how hard it is? If they made it ANYTHING like normal every lfr would still be stuck on the very first boss. I much prefer they nerf the shit out of it so I don't can't stuck in there for hours because people suck. LFR can not be made remotely hard because it would never work then.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Or just stat-less gear for Xmog. That would be great.
    That's probably the best way to do it tbh. When you consider that Flex was added for a similar reason, that being to allow more people to experience raiding content, LFR's role seems superfluous. I agree that removing all loot from LFR would essentially kill it, I know I wouldn't go without loot, to the point where queues would be universally "unavailable" but if they were to add another colour scheme of the current tier to it I wouldn't be surprised to see there being regular queues. I'd also change the loot around a little, instead of dropping transmog loot directly, each Boss will drop a token or a currency item which you can redeem. Let's say you need [Insert maximum number of bosses in raid] for Head/Chest/Legs, [2/3 of max] for Shoulders and Gloves and so on so people aren't necessarily penalised for bad RNG. I've ran ToES and HoF for a couple of Paladin T14 LFR pieces some dozen times and not seen it (Since the change to allow people to roll for their OS, anyway). I've all but given up, but if I knew I would eventually get it I'd be running it weekly.

Deleted
    I'm actually very interested in the new LFR (Eu player here, so I can't experience it just yet).

Questions:

1. Malkorok soaking, if it's completely ignored, will it result in a raid-wide wipe or just removed shield + a little damage taken?
    2. Malkorok cleave, if everyone split it, will it even nudge your hp bar?
    3. Spoils, how do the boxes work? Can people grief and open every single one and fuck everything up?
    4. If someone would grief, are you able to AoE everything down or will they actually kill the tank even if he's geared/using CDs?
    5. Thok, is there even a second phase at all? If so, will he one-shot people standing in the path?
    6. Is this part easier than the second part?

I would love it if someone could answer these since I'm betting with my guild that this third part is undertuned compared to the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    That's probably the best way to do it tbh. When you consider that Flex was added for a similar reason, that being to allow more people to experience raiding content, LFR's role seems superfluous. I agree that removing all loot from LFR would essentially kill it, I know I wouldn't go without loot, to the point where queues would be universally "unavailable" but if they were to add another colour scheme of the current tier to it I wouldn't be surprised to see there being regular queues. I'd also change the loot around a little, instead of dropping transmog loot directly, each Boss will drop a token or a currency item which you can redeem. Let's say you need [Insert maximum number of bosses in raid] for Head/Chest/Legs, [2/3 of max] for Shoulders and Gloves and so on so people aren't necessarily penalised for bad RNG. I've ran ToES and HoF for a couple of Paladin T14 LFR pieces some dozen times and not seen it (Since the change to allow people to roll for their OS, anyway). I've all but given up, but if I knew I would eventually get it I'd be running it weekly.
    So you want lfr to be made even easier because most people in it would still be in 5man blues... It needs stats or it doesn't work. Every fight would need to be as easy as MSV. Then you would have raid geared people come in and make it even more face roll.
    Aye mate