Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want to see an expansion based on what's inside Azeroth, deep below the surface!
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Dwarf themed expansion aka 'The Dark Below'
    Expand on scenarios to 5 players and make them kinda mini raids. I think these are great for story telling.
    I'd love to see a third faction. I know that won't happen but Horde v Alliance is stale.
    I'd like to see professions completely reworked.
    Expand on the current talent system with runes or something to alter each ability slightly. Like the D3 system.
    Get rid of LFR completely. Flex is enough for casual players. We didn't have LFR is Wrath and it was fine. Raiding was epic back then.

That's all I have time to write. Gotta work

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Dwarf themed expansion aka 'The Dark Below'
    Expand on scenarios to 5 players and make them kinda mini raids. I think these are great for story telling.
    I'd love to see a third faction. I know that won't happen but Horde v Alliance is stale.
    I'd like to see professions completely reworked.
    Expand on the current talent system with runes or something to alter each ability slightly. Like the D3 system.
    Get rid of LFR completely. Flex is enough for casual players. We didn't have LFR is Wrath and it was fine. Raiding was epic back then.

That's all I have time to write. Gotta work
    I disagree about scenarios, then they would become dungeons without the holy trinity. That doesnt work well for most MMOs (see GW2)
    I like your talent system idea, and I would like to add have current talents that add some ability of your choice be turned into Prime glyphs, with a total of 6 prime glyph slots, denoted by color, of which one of 3 color matching glyphs (currently talents) could be put in. These glyphs could be a reward from minor class quests. It is nice to be able to choose an ability for your playstyle, but being able to alter core abilities based on playstyle and encounter would be a new way to balance.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Wishlist (in no particular order)

- The return of Alleria and Turalyon, intertwined with interactions from (mainly) Sylvanas, Vereesa, and Arator the Redeemer.
    - Playable high elves for the Alliance that followed Alleria and Turalyon to wherever they are now (presumably Argus?); they can be any class except druid, warlock, and monk. IMO I'd like to see them try their hand at shamanism, perhaps taught to them by their dwarven and draenei allies. This would distinguish them from the night elf druid and the blood elf warlock, and with them being absent from the reemergence of Pandaria from the mists they wouldn't know the arts of the monk. I suppose an exception can be made for death knights, although the PC origin would be identical to that of the blood elf DK PC.
    - New race models, although I'd like for Blizzard to take their time with these so this isn't too much of a big deal for me.
    - Lore on the mystery underneath western Tirisfal.
    - Lore on Tyr, post-DotA.
    - Lore on the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade, especially Koltira Deathweaver, post-Andorhal.
    - Lore on the state of Argus after the Legion invasion.
    - Lore on the Nexus-Kings.
    - More focus on the other races that aren't human, orc, and troll - specifically draenei - wouldn't hurt, but I'll take however much Blizzard dishes out.
    - Magni Bronzebeard freed from petrification.
    - The ability to name our warlock pets. (I always wanted to name my Voidwalker Scrumpadoochus.)
    - MORE QUILEN TO TAME! (I absolutely love these creatures.)
    - An area much like the Timeless Isle to explore and hunt/tame rares.
    - More world bosses.
    - Dungeons that have the chance to drop mounts.
    - The addition of fourth specs for specific classes (i.e. shaman/warlock tanking, ranged DPS for monks associated with Chi-Ji, time-based mage healing)
    - Playable ogres for the Horde, with the option to choose between one or two heads. They can be warriors, hunters, warlocks, shaman, mages, monks, and (maybe) death knights.
    - More lore on the Timewalkers, and made into a faction to gain rep with to earn rewards (like their tabard).
    - Bringing back Rhonin and Krasus. IMHO I don't think they're dead. So, should they ever decide to return, I'd like to see Rhonin as he was featured in the TCG (his card being "Rhonin the Time-Lost") and Krasus having been further affected by the chromatic infection carried by the twilight whelplings post-Twilight of the Aspects.
    - The return of Magatha Grimtotem, post-Cata.
    - Whatever happened to Neptulon after Throne of the Tides. Also, Azshara and the naga.
    - More Sargeras! And N'Zoth!
    - Resolving the issue as to whether or not there is anything on the other side of Azeroth besides more oceans.
    - Pandaren DKs (it's wishful thinking, but the idea appeals to me).
    - Unlocking of more race-class combos (i.e. gnome paladins and hunters, draenei/tauren rogues, forsaken paladins, human shaman).

It's a lot to ask for, and I doubt most of this will make the final cut, but I have faith in whichever direction Blizzard takes the next expansion in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    The freedom is even more insane when compared to the older expansion.
    Fully agree, I log in now and really get a choice in what I want to do, I feel less pigeon holed than ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    I want to see an expansion based on what's inside Azeroth, deep below the surface!
    I found deepholm dissapointing aesthetically, I dont really enjoy underground environments too much.

-Zombie Plague world pre-launch event. I remember logging on during the end of TBC and seeing flocks of zombies just running around in the lower ring of Shattrath it was so funny. And if you got like 5 people to wretch at the same time on someone it would shorten their zombification timer so much they'd have no choice but to join you. So basically a world event that gets everybodies panties in a bunch and ruins capital cities.

-Kul'Tiras. We're ready for it Blizzard. We're ready.

-A shocking plot twist (but a well written one.)

-Dynamic events as part of (but not the entirety of) the levelling process. Like let's pretend the Legion comes and sets up a forge camp near Kul'Tiras, there could be a mainline quest saying "participate in 3 different defence of kul'tiras events." Along with a quest that says "Kill 20 Legion demons near Kul'Tiras" And say there could be like 5 or 6 different events that pop up every so often, and then the quest for the dynamic events could become a daily afterwards. Because honestly "Quests, quests, quests" is boring and frustrating sometimes. But I've also played Guild Wars 2, and "No quests, only dynamic events" is even more boring. So there must be some kind of balance that could be stricken.

-A "Legacy" dungeon/raid setting. Where the game levels down your character and gear in order to que for older content like all the level appropriate individuals, say in exchange for extra gold, or more transmog drops, increased chance of mounts dropping in the case of mount runs, etc. Because it's kind of lame and boring when you have to spend 3 hours going around trying to get 1 or 2 transmog drops, and most of that time is travel time, and you don't always get what you want.

-Individual loot for lfg 5 mans. Save the gear snobbing for normal/hc.

-Moar guild levels with new perks (no specific wishlist, surprise me), and account wide guild rep. I thought the whole idea of levelling the guild was pretty cool. It added a sense of teamwork and pride to the whole guild experience that wasn't always there before.

-Bring back mass summon. Back in Cata it became an unofficial tradition in my guild at the end of raid night to pop last relic of argus and then mass summon just to see what awkward situations you could stick people in.

Deleted
    Are you from Blizzard? Because otherwise this wouldn't be "official"

My Wishlist

1.New Races that would fit in with the xpac say Arrkoa/Orge Naga/High Elf for burning legion outland stuff balh blah
    2.New Hero Class: Demon hunter (Fitting with what i hope the expansion will be)
    3.Kul'Tiras finnaly being shined in the limelight maybe thats where azsharas nagas attack first
    4.Someone said combo points on rogue that would be very cool as monks have chi on themselves
    5.More Balance in 2v2s maybe make use of that new pvp role system they tossed in there
    Profession Reworking atm WoWs profession system is thee worst and unfun profession system i have played in any the best would be Star wars galaxies and Guild Wars 2 Blizz do as you do and take others ideas and improve them
    6.idk really at this point getting back to the basic wow storyline without mixed singels would be very nice sight not this panda crap where the oh theres wow lore is at the very end

1. New Playable Races: High elves (Alliance), Ogres (Horde)
    2. Alleria and Turalyon Return
    3. New Race Models
    4. Burning Legion as the main Antagonistic Group
    5. Player Housing
    6. Guild Housing

*I would want Naga, but I'd wait for another undersea expansion. High elves and Ogres fit perfectly with another Outland expansion.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-10-10 at 07:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    - 1 Versus 1 Rated Arenas
    Never going to happen thankfully....

a warrior skill (prot) to allow 100% block while being stationary for a few seconds ? or change shield wall to do that.
    like the ordos warriors in isle.
    a talent to choose cuz it will be useless in pvp id assume, choosing the talent would make the warrior stationary with 100% block(requires a shield of course) or by choosing another in the same line to make it the same as the current skill, the 3rd one would be like intervene/safe guard but rushing in with 100% block from the incoming damage making tank stationary facing the damage dealer.

n change blessing of protection/divine shield to absorb the same amount of full health of the player (to keep agro on the tank)

idk just a few thoughts i had, didnt put much time into them but yea

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    1 versus 1 arenas.
    Balance schmalance, this would be fun. I would love to play 1v1 arena.

Deleted
    -end the molesting pve/pvp relationship
    -get my old aff back and remove stupid stuff like SB:SS
    -make classes less faceroll
    -less lvling and gearing for pvp
    -less pets/cc
    -less class homogenization- this also means to stop fucking dot specs for the sake of single target dmg
    -make raid roles. Screaming about dps is probably the most retarded thing ever- make specific class roles to keep off class stacking, making more fronts for 2 5man groups. Just make anything that would be on pair with dps in the form of raid succes. Bring the player and his role, not the player and his faceroll dps.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-10-10 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    5. LFR Removed, Replaced with Flex
    whats your problem?? how about HC difficulty removed?

IMO flex is a Redundant difficulty, you need a local pug and its harder then LFR and if you come across a stumbling block your raid will start breaking up.

LFR is essential to the game , its cross realms , if some one leaves the system will bring in a new one where in flex you will have to lfm yourself , and its on lower difficulty which will make sure you win eventually and if you come across a stumbling block the system will compensate the raid for the block with stacks of +hp +dmg untill you overcome the obstacle.

thats why for now, no one asks for flex on /2 and the ones who do raid flex are the same guilds that raid on normal/hc anyways .

and on topic, i want to see ogres for horde , its about time we see them playable, they are practically allready in....

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    whats your problem?? how about HC difficulty removed?

IMO flex is a Redundant difficulty, you need a local pug and its harder then LFR and if you come across a stumbling block your raid will start breaking up.

LFR is essential to the game , its cross realms , if some one leaves the system will bring in a new one where in flex you will have to lfm yourself , and its on lower difficulty which will make sure you win eventually and if you come across a stumbling block the system will compensate the raid for the block with stacks of +hp +dmg untill you overcome the obstacle.

thats why for now, no one asks for flex on /2 and the ones who do raid flex are the same guilds that raid on normal/hc anyways .

and on topic, i want to see ogres for horde , its about time we see them playable, they are practically allready in....
    Did you miss Blizzard's comments on the popularity of flex?

1.new player models
    2.more character customization
    3.account wide professions! To elaborate a bit: be able to activate two perks per toon, but have access to all professions learned. Have whatever/all specializations you do the quest for.
    4.if not this ^ then at least make herb/mining/skinning secondary professions.
    5.make secondary professions account wide.
    6.account wide gold or if not account wide then at least server wide. no cap.
    7.account wide bank/void/storage type space.
    8.account wide space like the pets/mounts are but would be for heirlooms, tabards, and vanity items.
    9.have the new ore be purple
    10.player housing would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Did you miss Blizzard's comments on the popularity of flex?
    you mean the one where they said that SoO is a more melee friendly raid then others ?
    you mean the one where they said that timeless island is the way of the future..?

50% of the comments there are about "what the hell are they talking about?" "are they playing the same game as us?"

I dont get why so many people want lfr removed, its like they dont want people to have fun. If you dont like it, dont do it, its that simple. Without lfr quite a few people wouldnt be able to raid at all. Flex is good enough for casuals? Dont tell me whats good enough for me, who the hell are you?

- - - Updated - - -

you mean the one where they said that SoO is a more melee friendly raid then others ?
    you mean the one where they said that timeless island is the way of the future..?

50% of the comments there are about "what the hell are they talking about?" "are they playing the same game as us?"
    Yeah I laughed at that melee friendly thing too

10+ Year Old Account
    On the 2 servers I play there are more flex pugs advertised on trade than any other type of content. To the point where it is actually difficult to find a normal pug because everyone is doing flex.

OpenRaid is also flooded with flex groups.

Personally, I love it. You can even get a group in the middle of the night if you feel like it. I think flex is here to stay.

I mean the comment that they made about the raw numbers running Flex. It's pretty popular. I also have no idea what your server is up to if you're not seeing a bunch of successful PUGs for it.

I also happen to totally agree with them that the style of content of Timeless Isle IS the way of the future, in terms of dailies versus self-driven activities. Obviously it should have more of a connection to the plot and maybe a little more structure, but in general I think it's a great improvement over the old daily model. I liked most of the quests of the 5.1 and 5.2 story, but absolutely abhorred the dailies.

The melee friendly comment was a bit strange though, I'll agree. Immeseus, Protectors, Norushen (apart from the parries) and Sha of Pride are all very melee-friendly, but it falls apart from there on out, with a lot of bosses either involving a lot of running from target to target (lookin' at you, Nazgrim) or stuff like Dark Shaman where positioning is much easier with the benefit of range. Not to mention Thok. It's got some very melee-friendly bosses, but some absurdly melee-hostile bosses too.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-10-10 at 08:13 AM.