New tccy "suppression"

Blizzard im begging you...Just remove the TCCY mechanic all together...put it back to the way it used to be.....15 minute games or w/e just make it so no one loses points and its a tie....its simple? please. This new mechanic still favours certain comps. Just REMOVE the entire thing.....if people cant kill the other people in 15 minutes its no big deal. PLEASE just remove it

I agree, Suppression already sounds a lot better but the random-winner part is just awful. Just roll back to what it was, stop changing things for the sake of changing.

This is the wrong place to be begging blizzard for anything. Take it to the official forums in a constructive and organized way.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    Blizzard im begging you...Just remove the TCCY mechanic all together...put it back to the way it used to be.....15 minute games or w/e just make it so no one loses points and its a tie....its simple? please. This new mechanic still favours certain comps. Just REMOVE the entire thing.....if people cant kill the other people in 15 minutes its no big deal. PLEASE just remove it
    Suppression seems a better alternative but may turn out to be too weak. The healing reduction is 30% after 15 minutes and 60% after 20 minutes. But after 20 minutes the game will be ended. You will more or less have to land a kill against a team with ~45% healing reduction. Scaling it up to 1.5% every second would probably make this really nice due to the debuff reaching 90% at the 20 minute mark. This almost forces a team to win. The random 20 minute flip-a-coin-and-win-mechanic is still mind blowingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trahelion View Post
    Suppression seems a better alternative but may turn out to be too weak. The healing reduction is 30% after 15 minutes and 60% after 20 minutes. But after 20 minutes the game will be ended. You will more or less have to land a kill against a team with ~45% healing reduction. Scaling it up to 1.5% every second would probably make this really nice due to the debuff reaching 90% at the 20 minute mark. This almost forces a team to win. The random 20 minute flip-a-coin-and-win-mechanic is still mind blowingly stupid.
    Agree with the sentiment. Increase suppression a bit, remove the random death at end.

The change sounds perfect. Maybe 2% every 15 sec, as 1% every 10 sec seems a little slow. It's "only" -30% healing by the 15min mark.

I have a simpler solution:
    After 10min healers just die.

Was probably a translation error, the post from Lore says it ends in a draw.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    I have a simpler solution:
    After 10min healers just die.
    Come on, you can do better than that.

After 10 minutes everyone gets stripped of their gear.
    After 10 minutes all teammates swap gear.
    After 10 minutes 15 random abilities will be disabled.
    After 10 minutes the sea starts rising slowly filling up the arena.
    After 10 minutes healing spells start dealing damage and damage dealing spells start healing.
    After 10 minutes players randomly get assigned a different class.

After 10 minutes healing spells start dealing damage and damage dealing spells start healing.
    You should reply this to blizzard, not to me

This would hands down be the best thing ever. In particular the 15 random abilities being disabled, healing does damage and vice versa, and players getting assigned a different class.

Nothing on the planet would make me happier than this. I'd just run double healer 2v2 all day, would be so much fun.

It had to either be a healing debuff or a damage buff, and I guess healing debuff gives people less chance to try and exploit it. I'm surprised it's as little as it is, though. 1% every 10 seconds is honestly a tiny amount. Should've been 10% every minute (or 2% every 10 seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It had to either be a healing debuff or a damage buff, and I guess healing debuff gives people less chance to try and exploit it. I'm surprised it's as little as it is, though. 1% every 10 seconds is honestly a tiny amount. Should've been 10% every minute (or 2% every 10 seconds).
    Initially i thought this was really good. Like you say, it should be 2% every 10 seconds at the least. However, doesn't this end up punishing teams that use healing as a defensive mechanism?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Initially i thought this was really good. Like you say, it should be 2% every 10 seconds at the least. However, doesn't this end up punishing teams that use healing as a defensive mechanism?
    Yes, it makes my boomkin want to cry.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose