10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm generally pretty tolerant of a mediocre first episode and will usually give the show about 3-4 episodes to change my mind. Not the case with a few shows this season lol.

Meganebu was instant dropped once I learned it was probably an even shittier version of Free! which I already didn't really like.
    Diabolik lovers was a similar deal. Wasn't interested in another terrible Amnesia.
    Sekai de Ichiban (Boob wrestling. Self explanatory lol.)

And shows that I haven't dropped but I may or may not continue watching:

Walkure Romanze
    Kyousougiga (I still haven't watched this yet, but I skimmed the first episode and it didn't look promising.)
    Yuusha ni Narenakatta (This show could go either way. It was a fairly interesting first episode.)
    A few minutes into Walkura Romanze and about to drop it here and now.

Kyousougiga is amazing as shit.

Just found this gif. Lol...

We all know he wants to though lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    A few minutes into Walkura Romanze and about to drop it here and now.

Kyousougiga is amazing as shit.

Yeah, I'll more then likely be dropping it.

Guess I'll have to give it a watch then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Walkure dropped.

So in terms of fansubbing there are at least 4 shows that only HS is ripping and another 7 that Commie is just editing the script of HS. That's at least 11 shows that sub groups aren't bothering to originally translate this season. That's terrible. Can't even say for sure about what CR picked up that other groups are subbing if they are doing it originally or just editing the script so it could be more.

FATE/HOLLOW MOVED FORWARD BY 40 LINES

So tempting to grab that partial patch...

Kyousougiga - This is definitely one of my favorites this season. I really like the style of it, and the soundtrack is also nice.
    Last edited by Lightcaller; 2013-10-10 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

This is the best news I've heard in a while. This definitely needed a second season, and I thought it never would get one from how quiet they were after it ended and how the show hid in the shadows, at least for America. This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Gargantia was amazing.

Deleted
    Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

This is the best news I've heard in a while. This definitely needed a second season, and I thought it never would get one from how quiet they were after it ended and how the show hid in the shadows, at least for America. This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Gargantia was amazing.
    There actually is a god!

Thanks for the info, made my day =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah, Walkure dropped.

So in terms of fansubbing there are at least 4 shows that only HS is ripping and another 7 that Commie is just editing the script of HS. That's at least 11 shows that sub groups aren't bothering to originally translate this season. That's terrible. Can't even say for sure about what CR picked up that other groups are subbing if they are doing it originally or just editing the script so it could be more.
    No point in translating something if it already has been translated.

Nagi no Asukara - This episode is a little better. The plot is finally getting interesting, and Hii-kun is a little bit less annoying. I will probably keep watching it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    A lot of people dislike the heavy localization in Crunchyroll/HorribleSubs/Commie. Personally, I have nothing against it, but I can see where they are coming from.

2nd season of gargantia? this news just made my day <3

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    I prefer good translations over shitty ones from a company that doesn't deserve anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I prefer good translations over shitty ones from a company that doesn't deserve anything.
    The translations of CR are good enough.

Because of the simulcasts, subs are coming out far faster than a few years back. The fact that western companies are aware of the western anime fanbase is a good thing to those who need subs.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2013-10-10 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    A lot of people dislike the heavy localization in Crunchyroll/HorribleSubs/Commie. Personally, I have nothing against it, but I can see where they are coming from.
    Horrible subs(crunchyroll) are some of the best subs. People are only autismal because they don't do honorifics, but translate something like Zetsubou-sensei into Mr. Despair. I don't really get it, it's not like you can't hear them say that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Valvrave - Decent episode. Not really that great of a first episode honestly but if you treat it as episode 13 (considering it's a split cour) it was good. Interesting to see more L-elf and Shoko together. Maybe that pairing will actually come about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    Horrible subs(crunchyroll) are some of the best subs. People are only autismal because they don't do honorifics, but translate something like Zetsubou-sensei into Mr. Despair. I don't really get it, it's not like you can't hear them say that.
    pls.

Crunchyroll is terrible at subbing. Their translations are mediocre and their sentence structure hurts the eyes.

I'd take gg over CR. Commie even because they take CR's scripts and edit them. Honorifics aren't what's important. If I wanted honorifics I would only watch doki.

Though sometimes words that are translated really shouldn't. Like youkai into beasts/monsters/mythical beings.

Deleted
    pls.

Crunchyroll is terrible at subbing. Their translations are mediocre and their sentence structure hurts the eyes.

I'd take gg over CR. Commie even because they take CR's scripts and edit them. Honorifics aren't what's important. If I wanted honorifics I would only watch doki.

Though sometimes words that are translated really shouldn't. Like youkai into beasts/monsters/mythical beings.
    Yeah I sure love excessive swearing and memes in gg and commie subs. So much more accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    Yeah I sure love excessive swearing and memes in gg and commie subs. So much more accurate.
    I said I would take them over CR, never said they were the best.

Best are UTW, EveTaku, FFF, Doki and Vivid.

Deleted
    I said I would take them over CR, never said they were the best.

Best are UTW, EveTaku, FFF, Doki and Vivid.
    I didn't think you said they were the best. But most of the time they're worse than HS unless you aren't taking the show seriously.
    Yes and it takes too much time for those good subs to come out usually.

Deleted
    Wasn't EveTaku that referred to Levi as "Lance General" and called titans something funny?