Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wrathion is Commander Sheppard.

I just now realized why I've been so in love with Wrathion's character and story.... he's like the Commander Sheppard of Azeroth. We're all his crew!

Think about it...

He's a lone wolf going out and recruiting a bunch of random heroes to take on the real threats to azeroth. He wants for everyone to be united and work together to prepare of the burning legion, which could be the reaper element to the story.

think about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Plausible. Then again Sci-Fi comparisons arent too uncommon.......Halo and Starcraft for example

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Shepherd isn't doing it all for his personal secret agenda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    And what exactly is Wrathion's personal secret agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    Plausible. Then again Sci-Fi comparisons arent too uncommon.......Halo and Starcraft for example
    WoW isn't SiFi.... and those two games have nothing in common other than being in space and having aliens in them...

That all depends on how Renegade your Sheppard is. and I believe in the end Wrathions agenda is just to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    And what exactly is Wrathion's personal secret agenda?
    We don't know. Which is why it's a secret.

He obviouly using us for his own ends and we're too busy clamouring for legendaries to realize it!

you mean the secret agenda he flat out tells you in the beginning. wrathions agenda is to protect azeroth. nothing more, nothing less if it were up to him he would live out his life alone but he cant exactly do that if giant demons and eldritch horrors blow up the damn planet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

He obviouly using us for his own ends and we're too busy clamouring for legendaries to realize it!
    Except every action he's taken has been towards the exact explicit goal he's already told us. There's a bigger threat coming, and he wants us united for it. Unless you assign some arbitrary motive to what he's done, he's done exactly as he's told us he would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    WoW isn't SiFi.... and those two games have nothing in common other than being in space and having aliens in them...

That all depends on how Renegade your Sheppard is. and I believe in the end Wrathions agenda is just to save the world.
    How is WoW NOT considered Sci-Fi?

And they have nothing in comparison? So Master Chief isn't a rogue operative like Jim Raynor? Cortana's role and fall isn't even slightly similar to Kerrigan?
    What about the Arbiter and Zeratul? The Covenant's role alongside the USSN is nothing like Terran and Protoss? Or the Flood's role along with the Zerg?
    Overmind and Gravemind?

The Founders and The Xel'Naga?

Have you even played both games and read anything about them?

I don't know, the Flood and the Zerg have some pretty obvious similarities...

And WoW does definitely have some Sci-Fi themes.

That all depends on how Renegade your Sheppard is. and I believe in the end Wrathions agenda is just to save the world.[/QUOTE]
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

You're just a fictional racist and are assuming all black dragons are the time.

I just now realized why I've been so in love with Wrathion's character and story.... he's like the Commander Sheppard of Azeroth. We're all his crew!

Think about it...

He's a lone wolf going out and recruiting a bunch of random heroes to take on the real threats to azeroth. He wants for everyone to be united and work together to prepare of the burning legion, which could be the reaper element to the story.

think about it...
    That actually makes a little bit of sense.
    You can further this by saying that the Reapers, prior to their full-scale invasion, had a few attacks that were comparatively minor, and I don't think it's a far off notion to think that when the Burning Legion DO arrive anywhere near full force, what we've previously seen of them is going to seem like a cake-walk.
    One goes around the Galaxy trying to get everyone on-board and teach them that there's a bigger bad at play than their personal squabbles, one does the same with Azeroth.
    The only real difference is I have aspirations that we will one day kill Wrathion, whereas I wouldn't even bother trying to kill Shep, that'd just be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    How is WoW NOT considered Sci-Fi?

And they have nothing in comparison? So Master Chief isn't a rogue operative like Jim Raynor? Cortana's role and fall isn't even slightly similar to Kerrigan?
    What about the Arbiter and Zeratul? The Covenant's role alongside the USSN is nothing like Terran and Protoss? Or the Flood's role along with the Zerg?
    Overmind and Gravemind?

The Founders and The Xel'Naga?

Have you even played both games and read anything about them?
    Having scfy elements in a fantasy game doesn't make it a syfy game... Just like putting a love story in an action movie doesn't make it a romance. I'm not going to explain how genres work if you don't get it.

I do actually need to respond to this...

So Master Chief isn't a rogue operative like Jim Raynor? No actually he's not at all. Master Chief is with the marines and is actually considered a hero by most members of the UNSC.

Cortana's role and fall isn't even slightly similar to Kerrigan? The similarities end at leading lady/main love interest lol. So no...again not at all.

What about the Arbiter and Zeratul? I don't think I'd have enough time to explain why this one is wrong... but in short the Arbiter was a role the prophets gave to elites to get rid of them because they thought they were getting too much to manipulate. The last Arbiter the one from halo 2 and 3 is no different he just ended up being in the right place at the right time, and than became the leader of his people. While Zeratul has always just been the batman of outerspace.

The Covenant's role alongside the USSN is nothing like Terran and Protoss? Not really... that's kind of a stupid logic connection....

Flood's role along with the Zerg? Overmind and Gravemind? These are really the only similares, but honestly ever since Star Ship troopers it's been done in every SyFy realm...but hey there are zombies in guild wars and wow... must have a similar story amirite?

The Founders and The Xel'Naga? It's the Forerunners, and other than being advanced and extinct they don't actually share anything in common.

Have you even played both games and read anything about them? You're either pretending to have knowledge of these games or you might want to have your reading comprehension reevaluated or something....
    Last edited by Teerack; 2013-10-10 at 11:50 PM.

Wrathion seems much more like the Illusive Man to me if we're doing a ME comparison. Except younger and less experienced at it.

For one thing, Shepard whether renegade or paragon is out there doing things, bringing people together through ability and charisma, getting her (femshep ftw) hands dirty and doing things directly. Wrathion, like TIM, is a plotter. Manipulates people, uses them. I'd say his role in MoP is similar to TIM in ME2, and he gets mad when it all goes according to plan except Shepard decides to blow up the collector base. I mean Varian allows the horde to continue.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-10-11 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    After one reached exalted with Wrathion you can get a secret quest named "We'll bang, ok?". ^ is right, he is more like the Illusive man.

I care about you Ash MIRANDA DAMNIT MIRANDA!!!1

Having scfy elements in a fantasy game doesn't make it a syfy game... Just like putting a love story in an action movie doesn't make it a romance. I'm not going to explain how genres work if you don't get it.

So Master Chief isn't a rogue operative like Jim Raynor? No actually he's not at all. Master Chief is with the marines and is actually considered a hero by most members of the UNSC.

Cortana's role and fall isn't even slightly similar to Kerrigan? The similarities end at leading lady/main love interest lol. So no...again not at all.

What about the Arbiter and Zeratul? I don't think I'd have enough time to explain why this one is wrong... but in short the Arbiter was a role the prophets gave to elites to get rid of them because they thought they were getting too much to manipulate. The last Arbiter the one from halo 2 and 3 is no different he just ended up being in the right place at the right time, and than became the leader of his people. While Zeratul has always just been the batman of outerspace.

The Covenant's role alongside the USSN is nothing like Terran and Protoss? Not really... that's kind of a stupid logic connection....

Flood's role along with the Zerg? Overmind and Gravemind? These are really the only similares, but honestly ever since Star Ship troopers it's been done in every SyFy realm...but hey there are zombies in guild wars and wow... must have a similar story amirite?

The Founders and The Xel'Naga? It's the Forerunners, and other than being advanced and extinct they don't actually share anything in common.

Have you even played both games and read anything about them? You're either pretending to have knowledge of these games or you might want to have your reading comprehension reevaluated or something....
    Yeah, SC and Halo seem similar at a glance. You have three main factions. The space marines, the technologically advanced zealous aliens, and the monstrous/infest everything aliens. But the more you dig into the details you realize they're just sharing broad archetypes and have differing nuances and stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    But my Shepard was super nice to everyone
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion has a lot in common with Renegade Shepard, who was an unapologetic asshole who would do whatever it took to get people to sort their shit out and fall in line to stop the Reapers.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Chief actually acts as a rogue agent in Halo 4.

They're not THAT similar, but they do share some similarities, and I think the point was that Sci-Fi can only "Fi" so much, and at some point everyone's just gonna be sharing, to an extent, the same shtick.
    Nobody said they were exactly the same, but they share three very basic fundamental things at the very least, biological warfare, all consuming Zerg/Flood, technologically advance Aliens Protos/Covies, and super space soldier guys, space marines/space marines