Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    For those, who are bored with ME3 MP.

Isanity Multiplayer Mod.

Im sure its the gears of war-iness thats boring, not the difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Im sure its the gears of war-iness thats boring, not the difficulty.
    Id say its both when MP silver is harder then SP insanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Id say its both when MP silver is harder then SP insanity.
    I know people like to say that, but i found insanity to be atleast gold.
    I could just stride out in the middle of the field and PEWPEW everything on silver, but that would initiate the rapetrain on my ass on SP insanity.

And my companion bots tend to be better than 80% of the players.

Anyone think we're gonna see stuff on N7 Day? Or just a re-run of last year's download stuff.

Deleted
    Might be a teaser for ME4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Anyone think we're gonna see stuff on N7 Day? Or just a re-run of last year's download stuff.
    I guess... This year will be none event for N7 day... Since Bioware staff is done with ME3, and no responding in forums.

Deleted
    I like how they still think that the problem with the endings were the epilogues (since they mentioned EC) and not the A/B/C buttons that they ripped off from DE:HR.

or the part where nothing that happened made sense in the narrative, or in the in-universe lore, where it essentially amounted to magic.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    or the part where nothing that happened made sense in the narrative, or in the in-universe lore, where it essentially amounted to magic.
    Again with this? Everything that happened in the ending is backed up, or hinted at possible, through out the course of the games. And that is with in-universe lore.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Why call it Mass Effect then? Shepard was the main character and involved in the main plot. Without even a reference or any plot that Shepard was also a part of, I'm not interested in the slightest.

What is it with Bioware and being stubborn? Not to mention they still have the worst PR I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again with this? Everything that happened in the ending is backed up, or hinted at possible, through out the course of the games. And that is with in-universe lore.
    Instant transformation of every single being and organism in the Galaxy was never hinted at.

Instant and perfect control of Reaper technology was always hinted to be utter folly, not perfectly safe and viable. And transhumanism is hinted to be a bad thing (with heavy suggestion that even if you copy a person perfectly into a computer they are NOT the same person). Also the nail is hammered in that Cerberus is wrong to be doing what they are attempting, and the ends to not justify the means.

So no, they are not supported in lore. And that's even ignoring the instant character changes, disregard for previous character development and the major inconsistancies and abrupt nature of it all.

So to quote you, again with this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Why call it Mass Effect then? Shepard was the main character and involved in the main plot. Without even a reference or any plot that Shepard was also a part of, I'm not interested in the slightest.
    Because it takes place with in the Mass Effect Universe. Mass Effect is much more then just Shepard. I take it you have never seen Stark Trek movies and tv shows over the years? Or any number of other works of fiction that have continued beyond the originals but still with in the same universe.

Instant transformation of every single being and organism in the Galaxy was never hinted at.
    It wasn't instant. It happened with the energy being released by the Crucible and amplified by the Mass Relay network. This is why the Normandy was able to out run the energy wave, why the troops fighting on Earth saw a wave of energy, etc etc. The transformations caused by the crucible didn't happen until that energy wave reached the person/thing.

It is entirely feasible that there are Reaper's uncontrolled or not destroyed. Or life forms not synthesized.

EDI in one of her on-ship dialogues theorizes that if you have enough energy you can change the very nature of matter. We also know that "beaming" technology exists as it was used by the Protheans (and Shepard) as a back door to the citadel. Those two things are connected as if you can disassemble matter to beam it with energy to another location you can theoretically change that matter upon reassembly.

Instant and perfect control of Reaper technology was always hinted to be utter folly, not perfectly safe and viable. And transhumanism is hinted to be a bad thing (with heavy suggestion that even if you copy a person perfectly into a computer they are NOT the same person). Also the nail is hammered in that Cerberus is wrong to be doing what they are attempting, and the ends to not justify the means.
    Just because it is hinted at wrong or folly by most people in the in-game universe does not mean it is happening because of magic or makes no sense. Not everything needs to be good in order for it to make sense. Besides control was never folly because it couldn't happen. Control was presented as folly because of the means to the end by Cerberus and that some one already being controlled by the reapers can not control the reapers.

So no, they are not supported in lore. And that's even ignoring the instant character changes, disregard for previous character development and the major inconsistancies and abrupt nature of it all.
    I don't think you understand what supported in lore means, or you don't understand your own argument. Because half of your argument is bringing examples of lore that supports what happened in the ending.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-10-15 at 01:51 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Synthesis is space-magic.
    We have been over this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Synthesis is space-magic.
    We have been over this already.
    And biotic powers aren't? Biotics sure look like wizards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I would call Biotics space magic yes, an Adept shep sure feels like a wizard when you dont need to fire your gun even once to beat the entire game.

Deleted
    The body is controlled by electric signals, im sure that you can cause the biotic affects by utilising those electric signals outwards.
    Obviously we humans suck so we need a major push forward (as we do in ME) but its not entirly unfeasible.

Singularity and other gravity-centered biotic powers could be done by generating a magnetic field. Singularity may not act and look entirly like it does in ME.
    Dark channel - having the signals signal the enemys body to make the cells decay.

That sounds promising, hopefully that also means that the ending of ME3 won't be mentioned nor needed at all to explain future ME games.

- - - Updated - - -

Biotics is at least not as far-fetched. It relies on the existence of an exotic element; Element Zero, and with that follows a reasonable and coherent explanation as to how and why it works (check the codex entries in ME or the wiki).

Explaining Synthesis is more difficult.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    A distant future where the tale of Shepard is nothing more than a legend, a future tale of Gilgamesh, King Arthur or possibly even a greek epic?

Im down for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Biotics is at least not as far-fetched. It relies on the existence of an exotic element; Element Zero, and with that follows a reasonable and coherent explanation as to how and why it works (check the codex entries in ME or the wiki).

Explaining Synthesis is more difficult.
    Of all the things in ME. Biotics made the most sense, since they've explained to you what Eezo does and how it effects things. Most of the Human Biotics are made up of people who were affected by disasters with Eezo. The other Biotics are people who've been experimented upon for it (genetic alteration is counted in here). Humans are relatively primitive in evolution compared to the other biotic races.

There might actually be an element like Eezo in our universe. We most likely cannot comprehend what it is with our current instruments. Or worse, identify it.

Deleted
    Why dont we put the Higgs boson to work and see what happens?