Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

What do you want to see done to paladins in the next expansion?

What changes would you guys be interested in seeing to any spec of paladins in the next expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    More fun gameplay, Ret and Prot is quite boring and dull when it comes to gameplay

Deleted
    Maybe a quest for a Flying mount but now we're at this maybe the same for Warlocks aswell and for Shamans maybe a ( Ghost ) Eagle fly form

Edit: And maybe if possible a buff from spells that make the armor glow just like The Burning Crusade intro
    Last edited by mmocd5757d54ec; 2013-10-12 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    More fun gameplay, Ret and Prot is quite boring and dull when it comes to gameplay
    I actually find Ret the most enjoyable since WoTLk, can't speak for pro though as I haven't played it in years.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Better healing toolkit.

If HoPo is staying, there needs to be a better use of it with Holy other than 2 generators and 1 finisher (depending on talent choice).

That said, healing in general needs yet another revamp. I honestly think the intentions were good at the beginning of MoP, but it just turned into an arms race of absorbs v healing. There needs to be a better balance between the 2 so neither has an upper hand.

More options to use your HoPo on. It seems pretty limited and doesn't interact with 90% of our toolkit.

Personally would enjoy some on demand AoE for Ret (ie Need no targets/HoPo)

Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    Better healing toolkit.

If HoPo is staying, there needs to be a better use of it with Holy other than 2 generators and 1 finisher (depending on talent choice).

That said, healing in general needs yet another revamp. I honestly think the intentions were good at the beginning of MoP, but it just turned into an arms race of absorbs v healing. There needs to be a better balance between the 2 so neither has an upper hand.
    Definitely agree with you there. Although I don't have a max level pali, I've been healing my way through LFD and I'm beyond underwhelmed with how holy power works.

Deleted
    Seal of Blood

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Definitely agree with you there. Although I don't have a max level pali, I've been healing my way through LFD and I'm beyond underwhelmed with how holy power works.
    Amen to that as well. HoPo was actually the primary reason I switched away from healing in Cata and took up Ret as my 2nd spec after Prot. I just couldn't get used to it and it showed in my healing compared to others.

Adding even more onto what others have said, I'd like to see Holy go away from its current mastery if it's going to cause problems like with the current input lag issues. That's in addition to reevaluating the absorb/healing paradigm.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-10-12 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    A real iconic gap closer not a bothering stupid sprint...
    Seriously I hope someday blizz will work on somehting like "Can summon your charger in combat for x seconds (outdoor and indoor)" as a core ability with upgrade talents in tier 1 like warrior.

Hammer of the righteous on demand without target.
    More holy power finishers. Not just 1 heal, 1 buff and 1 damaging ability.
    More support tools like HoSac/HoF/HoP less healing (it's crippling us the way it is for the moment).

And finally a melee attack based on the necrotic strike mecanism but instead of an absorb healing shield on the target it could be transfered as a healing buff on paladin's allies.

I know I'm daydreaming but... I would be so nice.

I think we have enough support tools. With our talents we can pretty much do anything at any time.

I would like to see a glyph for Devo Aura that works sort of like the Divine Protection glyph. 20% magic 20% physical reduction. I think the rest of our toolkit is pretty solid. It's just our main rotation spells/abilities that need some work. I'd like to see us get away from having a DoT or let it spread easier like bleeds / poisons / diseases.

Make Retribution and Holy more fun.

Prot being able to use inquisition.
    Hammer of the righteous not hitting like wet noodle.

Removal of parry/dodge stats.

I actually enjoy the current healing setup. I would like a real shockadin spec, leveling as holy with the holy dps glyphs was rather entertaining. Maybe similar to attonemt style healing. Dps to heal, even if it was all glyph based rather than an 4th spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I actually enjoy the current healing setup. I would like a real shockadin spec, leveling as holy with the holy dps glyphs was rather entertaining. Maybe similar to attonemt style healing. Dps to heal, even if it was all glyph based rather than an 4th spec.
    Already enough people that complain about Atonement to the devs. Don't see another spec getting anything like it.

Removal of inquisition. Nothing else really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    Already enough people that complain about Atonement to the devs. Don't see another spec getting anything like it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108373

Resto version was added in 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Some type of charge ability for prot would be fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Reversal to preCata design. If people want to play some class with combo points, there is a whole class already existing for that in all 3 specs.

And as such:
    1. Holy spec - less emphasis on AoE healing. Fast cheap heals, long expensive heals. Strong single-target healing. Efficiency. That's what was defining paladin out of other healers. No procs, which are just far beyond stupid. Proc of faster AoE heal from single-target heal? Adds nothing but excuse to meter padders.

2. Prot spec - away with vengeance. No stupid GC procs. Procs are awful design. Especially GC, which likes to proc 1 second before actual cd is ready.

3. Ret spec - remove inquisition, slice and dice is a rogue's perk. Divine Storm no longer shares cd with anything and has healing portion returned.

Also Consecration being prot-only is a huge mistake. It was one of class-defining moves, and as such should be baseline and available from low levels (14+).

Divine Shield should grant total immunity (atm it doesn't, damage goes through from a lot of effects - like same Durumu's beam), remove absolutely any debuff and has its duration reversed to 12 sec. No more stupid "bubble+HS" glyph. Noone cares what people do in raids and how they cheat raid composition requirements. E. g., if now people stack ranged, doesn't mean that all melee should be reworked into ranged, same about paladins and their "bubble", seriously there was nothing OP with it.

Oh and remove interrupt. Should be done together with total tuning down of endless cc, interrupts, silences and snares of all classes and abuse of "didn't interrupt NPC - die or watch NPC go to full HP" mechanics. Whole "Active Mitigatoin" system is also nothing but interrupts in disguise. There is a whole class for interrupts - rogue, no need to force interrupt mechanics upon most other classes.

Alas, it's only a dream.

Edit: Oh and also Righteous Defense / Divine Intervention, which were baseline paladin abilities, which were quite a signature abilities, should be brought back.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-10-12 at 11:16 PM.