Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Across 6 toons I get 31-38 Golden Lotus per day (i'm lazy and just sell them)

So let's say 34*31 = 1054

Proc chance isn't known, some people have up to 20% (bearing in mind that as well as proc chance, there is chance for 2, 3, 4 or even 5 off 1 craft)

Let's go 15% is 158 extra gems, so 1212 total.

If uncuts sell for 90-100g, human process would err for the higher price, if he's trying to make money, he'd likely wait for them to be higher, so 100g each.

He says he got the opals cheap, who knows what that is, let's say 10g is cheap 15-20 is about normal. so 1054*10, so 10540 for the green uncuts.

1212*100-10540-4000-2000 = 104600 gold

See, playing with numbers to suit your agenda is easy.

You don't know that he's selling at average cost, you don't know what he paid for the opals, you don't know how many golden lotus he is getting on average, nor what the proc chance/yield is on however many crafts he is making.

He may well have exaggerated the number, if the number is incorrect, it's more likely he doesn't know exactly how much he made and is estimating. Doesn't make him a liar.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    unless you have 10 char farming it doesnt really matter. Gaining 500g or 300g a day is the same thing.
    That makes no sense at all, You do realise 300 and 500 are different numbers, No? Didn't think so, well here is a hint, 500 is higher than 300, therefore it is a greater amount of gold, so yes, it does matter, because no, they are NOT the same thing in the slightest.

OT, I use Snakeroot on 2farms for my JC, herb prices are rubbish a lot of the time on my server so I just go with that^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Across 6 toons I get 31-38 Golden Lotus per day (i'm lazy and just sell them)

So let's say 34*31 = 1054

Proc chance isn't known, some people have up to 20% (bearing in mind that as well as proc chance, there is chance for 2, 3, 4 or even 5 off 1 craft)

Let's go 15% is 158 extra gems, so 1212 total.

If uncuts sell for 90-100g, human process would err for the higher price, if he's trying to make money, he'd likely wait for them to be higher, so 100g each.

He says he got the opals cheap, who knows what that is, let's say 10g is cheap 15-20 is about normal. so 1054*10, so 10540 for the green uncuts.

1212*100-10540-4000-2000 = 104600 gold

See, playing with numbers to suit your agenda is easy.

You don't know that he's selling at average cost, you don't know what he paid for the opals, you don't know how many golden lotus he is getting on average, nor what the proc chance/yield is on however many crafts he is making.

He may well have exaggerated the number, if the number is incorrect, it's more likely he doesn't know exactly how much he made and is estimating. Doesn't make him a liar.
    If he gains 30 gems each day. On my realm ~90 raw onyx are sold on a daily basis (one of the most active EU ah). You expect him to sell 33% of the daily gem solds at the maximum price ? I don't think so.

Also 5 gl a day and 15% transmutes are from what I gathered the most accurate rates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That makes no sense at all, You do realise 300 and 500 are different numbers, No? Didn't think so, well here is a hint, 500 is higher than 300, therefore it is a greater amount of gold, so yes, it does matter, because no, they are NOT the same thing in the slightest.

OT, I use Snakeroot on 2farms for my JC, herb prices are rubbish a lot of the time on my server so I just go with that^^
    200g difference per day is meaningless. It would only account for 6k gold for a month, when I can make twice that number in 40 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno how many sell on my realm, but they go for around 120-150 a piece, depending on time of day, one of the most active PvE EU realms (draenor), so I don't see people buying at 100g as out of realm of possibility, also items selling at 90-100g is obviously an estimate, and there are likely a load a lot more expensive listed.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    200g difference per day is meaningless. It would only account for 6k gold for a month, when I can make twice that number in 40 minutes.
    So can anyone else, I fail to see your point, it's clearly not meaningless, every gold piece counts, without it you wouldn't have any gold at all, It doesn't matter if you have 5g or are capped on 5 toons, 500 is still better than 300.

Deleted
    Feel free to think it's useful to optimize your farm when you only have one. I think it's totally worthless.
    It's like looking for vendor items on the ah. You gain gold, but such a low amount it doesn't even count, even if you do it for 100 years straight.

Feel free to think it's useful to optimize your farm when you only have one. I think it's totally worthless.
    It's like looking for vendor items on the ah. You gain gold, but such a low amount it doesn't even count, even if you do it for 100 years straight.
    If you're making the same ratio of gold: time spent "farming" with 1 character vs 11, it doesn't matter how much gold you make, its not totally worthless. If he can make 300-500g in the 3-4 minutes it takes to harvest and replant, that's very much so worthwhile.

Deleted
    3-4 minutes is a very doubtful estimation. Assuming you're not a mage.

- go from shrine to farm.
    - harvest
    - till
    - optional : buy seeds
    - plant
    - use water/anti insect
    - fight mobs/plants

While you could have been prospecting ~115 stacks of gio.

3-4 minutes is a very doubtful estimation. Assuming you're not a mage.

- go from shrine to farm.
    - harvest
    - till
    - optional : buy seeds
    - plant
    - use water/anti insect
    - fight mobs/plants

While you could have been prospecting ~115 stacks of gio.
    Yep, my bad, my own personal experience with 11 characters of 3-4 minutes must be wrong, my apologies for bringing my own timing into this.

Had to update this, just timed my last two characters, an ele shaman clocked in at 2:43 and my blood dk at 2:56, time started before moving from halfhill inn and time stopped upon hitting the logout button in the inn...
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2013-10-12 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    11 characters depending on your computer could add a lot of loading time. Even worse if they don't all sit at the farm and you have to bring them to it individually. I won't talk about how boring it has to be and the fact you have to do it manually (whereas you can do the shuffle by not even playing wow, and I'm not talking about illegal bot programs).

The farm to my mind is a convenient way for casuals to avoid paying for flasks/gems/food/pots.

Don't forget to add the time to reach exalted with each character.
    Last edited by mmoc4663f6f5a8; 2013-10-12 at 04:42 PM.

11 characters depending on your computer could add a lot of loading time. Even worse if they don't all sit at the farm and you have to bring them to it individually. I won't talk about how boring it has to be and the fact you have to do it manually (whereas you can do the shuffle by not even playing wow, and I'm not talking about illegal bot programs).

The farm to my mind is a convenient way for casuals to avoid paying for flasks/gems/food/pots.

Don't forget to add the time to reach exalted with each character.
    Also don't forget the vast disparity in AH prices between servers that will drastically affect the shuffle, not including the ebb and flow of prices from day to day. Besides that, look at the topic title, I suppose you're free to hijack this into a shuffle vs sun song ranch topic.

Deleted
    I'm not saying 11 char devoted to the tillers farm is not worth any money, I guess it would be something like 5k a day (for a hour of work) but it's a real chore to do and it's really difficult to set up (I only have 3 lvl 90 myself, and of those 3 only one is exalted, which was absurdly tedious to do).

Thy only answer to this thread is : enigma seeds. Even if you want to craft something like a royal satchel, just make money with the GL and buy the satchel on trade chat for 3k gold.

I'm not saying 11 char devoted to the tillers farm is not worth any money, I guess it would be something like 5k a day (for a hour of work) but it's a real chore to do and it's really difficult to set up (I only have 3 lvl 90 myself, and of those 3 only one is exalted, which was absurdly tedious to do).

Thy only answer to this thread is : enigma seeds. Even if you want to craft something like a royal satchel, just make money with the GL and buy the satchel on trade chat for 3k gold.
    Ya'll are vastly over estimating what truely is tedious in wow. Tedious is farming a route for ore on wow for multiple consequitive hours to prospect for gems to sell the raws or cuts. Not having them sell right away, having to repost them. etc.

Tedious was farming eternal fire when alot of people didn't know it could be fished in Hyjal, it sold so quickly i was constantly alternating between the two pools of fire to keep my auctions up.

Tedious was sitting in valley of the four winds skinning turtles while leveling my rogue on release day, pourposefully staying at 86 and skinning all the turtles, processing all the leather into gear and selling that gear without flooding the market.

Tedious is not running a simple farm on a handful of toons everyday. Frankly, besides my main and primary alt, my other toons are already sitting at the farm waiting to farm. I only rarely move them away to send over mats every week or so. The rep farm is insanely easy after you get the rep item, admitably annoying on the first toon you have to do it on but not on additonal goes if you're smart enough to plant in anticpation of the quests that require you to farm particular things.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Deleted
    Assuming I do not have 11 lvl 90 chara and have to level them up for the farm (would take a huge amount of hours. Then grinding rep for each of them (even with the rep item it's like 3 weeks at least, would take like 2hours per day). Then logging on each of one to do the same exact boring task everyday (I don't really enjoy killing fucking rabbits or spammin a button to kill a plant, especially for a straight hour).

Not worth the pain. Hell no

Assuming I do not have 11 lvl 90 chara and have to level them up for the farm (would take a huge amount of hours. Then grinding rep for each of them (even with the rep item it's like 3 weeks at least, would take like 2hours per day). Then logging on each of one to do the same exact boring task everyday (I don't really enjoy killing fucking rabbits or spammin a button to kill a plant, especially for a straight hour).

Great, then don't. No real point in you doing something you have no desire to do.

It takes 7 days from 0 to 16 slots on the farm with the Grand Commendation, and you have to do the daily quests only four times (since most of the rep comes from the side quests). The problem is not reaching exalted, but the sidequests which require you to sow and harvest four different plants. Using a guide to know what's required to be planted next may even reduce it to six days.

Aside from that nobody is forcing you to do anything on the farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enigma Seeds. /thread

You are a lier.

Let's say you're gaining 5 lotus for each farm a day (it seems to be the average).
    5*6*30 = 900

Now let's say you buy the green gems at 20g each. 900*20=18000
    Now let's add transmuc proc at ~15%. You will get 1035 gems.
    Let's say you sell them 95 on average.

1035*95-18000=80325. And that's taking into account optimal selling price for the blue gem. And that's not taking into account auction fee/enigma seeds prices.
    What about all the other herbs he's getting which he can sell ? He didn't say 100% of that 100k came from the transmuted gems. He also said he stocked up on cheap tiger opal BEFORE the patch so it stands to reason he isn't going to go into the fine details of subtracting their price from his profit. Enigma seeds cost next to nothing.

He gave an estimated roundabout number. Some times he might earn more, sometimes he might earn a bit less. Sometimes the gems will sell for quite a bit more than 90-100g and other times they might sell for slightly less. No need to call someone a liar.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-10-18 at 04:14 AM.