Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well they do have the comics to fall back on and they said that season 4 is the closest to the comic any season has been before so maybe they will rely more on the comic book.
    That's weird, did Kirkman say that or someone else? it might be too early but after reading all the comics this season looks to be the least like the comics, characters who aren't in the comics/are dead at this point, taking the people from woodbury, I mean just everything seems different. Weird...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well they do have the comics to fall back on and they said that season 4 is the closest to the comic any season has been before so maybe they will rely more on the comic book.
    Maybe, but I've already seen the damage, so I'll be skeptical until the next season debuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    That's weird, did Kirkman say that or someone else? it might be too early but after reading all the comics this season looks to be the least like the comics, characters who aren't in the comics/are dead at this point, taking the people from woodbury, I mean just everything seems different. Weird...
    kirkman said it. it was in a behind the scenes interview awhile back he also said this season has a certain scene that is "verbatim almost identicle to a scene in the comics.

obviously because some people are dead and stuff and some characters didnt even exist it cant all be exactly like the comic but apparently this season is the closest to the comic and "the best written" season yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Maybe a governor spin-off? Would explain why they made him get away
    nah the govenor will probably be killed off sometime this season since the actors working on a different show amc is working on. the spin off is gonna be about a completelty unrelated group kirkman said "writing for it is really refreshing since i dont have to worry about anything in the comics and its a completely fresh slate"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I realize the Walking Dead is just a TV show. I'm just trying to understand what happened on the show.

The US military can't kill the walking dead but 5 guys who small arms can take over a prison. I'm just having trouble how that works. And, the walking dead move rather slowly.

Was the virus airborne? It seems like even when spattered blood gets on our heroes it doesn't seem to spread the disease.

Does someone have a special insight into the show that can share?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I realize the Walking Dead is just a TV show. I'm just trying to understand what happened on the show.

The US military can't kill the walking dead but 5 guys who small arms can take over a prison. I'm just having trouble how that works. And, the walking dead move rather slowly.

Was the virus airborne? It seems like even when spattered blood gets on our heroes it doesn't seem to spread the disease.

Thank you.
    The premise is that everyone on the planet is infected, but you become a zombie only if you die.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    The premise is that everyone on the planet is infected, but you become a zombie only if you die.
    Zombie bites kill you because they're full of disease or something and are lethal, it's not what actually turns you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said everyone was infected beforehand, I don't think we have a transmission route yet (maybe water/airborne) so whenever a person died, and thousands do a day, they would become zombies, who would likely bite and make more zombies, and once the social order breaks down, hospitals close for example, then the number of deaths rapidly increases. People turn on each other, diseases that might not be lethal become lethal due to lack of antibiotics or healthcare etc.
    Now that being said, it's hard to fathom that a tank would be over run let alone the whole us army tanks and a handful of people with some chainlink fence can defend against lots of zombies is probably just a little far fetched, but billions of people believe in the most famous zombie of them all so its okay.

Deleted
    There's also the fact that in the Walking Dead universe, this is the first time anyone's seen Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There's also the fact that in the Walking Dead universe, this is the first time anyone's seen Zombies.
    There's a lot of zombie stuff that removes zombies from pop culture just so people are utterly clueless.

Oh man, you know if there was a real zombie apocalypse, that shit would be shut down instantly by millions of paranoid zombie show addicts who just shoot anyone with uncombed hair.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh man, you know if there was a real zombie apocalypse, that shit would be shut down instantly by millions of paranoid zombie show addicts who just shoot anyone with uncombed hair.
    Another premise of the show people forget. Its not the zombies you need to worry about....its the fucking people.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you.
    There isn't much background on it, but think about a few million zombies with no fear, and no chance of backing down, vs a few human beings with no idea what is happening and no idea why they are being orded to commit genicide on the civilians they are sworn to protect. When the outbreak would first start it would infect large populations the quickest and then the zombies would spread out over time. So the initial strike would be the hardest on the military and it would get easier as time went on and the zombies spread out. We also don't know for sure that 100% of the military has been wiped out, just the base outside of the hospital. We are seeing the perspective of a small group, there is an entire world out their still trying to defend themselves, just because they haven't swooped in and saved this small group doesn't mean they aren't there.

Also, like you said, it's a TV show.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-10-09 at 04:12 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 days...

2 DAYS!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really that excited after the disappointing heap of crap that was season 3. Here's to hoping the writers pull their fingers out this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I'm not really that excited after the disappointing heap of crap that was season 3. Here's to hoping the writers pull their fingers out this time.
    Needed more action.

I dont know how relevant this article is, but...: article.(<--spoilers)

I have a good idea what the season finally might be based on Hershel building a garden....

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eugene and Abraham have both been cast.

Abraham will be played by - Michael Cudlitz
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191044/

And Eugene by - Josh McDermitt
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3129311/

Michael Cudlitz isn't a bad choice. Not sure of Josh McDermitt as I've never heard of him.
    Last edited by Feral Camel; 2013-10-13 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    I dont know how relevant this article is, but...: article.(<--spoilers)

I have a good idea what the season finally might be based on Hershel building a garden....
    One of the things I hated in S3 was almost 70% of the screentime being in a dull, actionless prison. This does not give me much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    One of the things I hated in S3 was almost 70% of the screentime being in a dull, actionless prison. This does not give me much hope.
    Screw action honestly. The best parts of The Walking Dead is the character interaction, tough choices and group conflicts. This goes for both show, comic and game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Screw action honestly. The best parts of The Walking Dead is the character interaction, tough choices and group conflicts. This goes for both show, comic and game.
    Shame we got none of that in S3, just pointless bickering with no meaning. I agree that action on its own is plain boring, but it's a good storyline, character development, good acting, all combined with bits of well timed action that makes a show good. I loved S1 and S2 and had high hopes for S3, I was disappointed. Sort of excited for S4, but struggling to get properly into it due to how bad S3 was, hopefully it's extremely awesome. Although, they do have me interested in this new threat they seem to be talking about.