Poll: Server Wide Progression

10+ Year Old Account

Isle of Thunder Server Progression

So now MoP is over (almost) we can start discussing what you would like to see in the next expansion and what not.

To start off, would you like to see a Isle of Thunder server wide progression again? With all these stages.

Or did you hate it and want to rush through everything on first day?
    I would love to see them doing something like this again in future, i loved it and i think it was one of best things in Mists of Pandaria.

So would you like to see a server wide progression again in future?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

i would like to see 5.1 combined with timeless isle and the size of 5.2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about dead servers if it is any different, but at least on mine it was very nice and felt like we were all actually doing something important. I liked the "immersion" of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh i really kinda dislike artificially gating me. if i have some time, and wanna spend it all on wow, i should be able to. i know not everybody can, but i think thats ok too. thats why i dont like caps or limits. just let me set my own pace. i have not unsubbed once in 5 years. regardless of how quickly i did things. usually my own super bad RNG gates me pretty harshly i dont need extra gates added in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I miss the days of when all of the most elite wow players from the most hardcore guilds worked together to complete the long and excruciatingly arduous questline to open the Gates of Ahn'Qirij. It took months, but it was truly incredible; the extroadinary amount of effort required to complete the event was mind boggling. I think WoW would get a million subs back if they did something of the level of sheer intensity again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So now MoP is over (almost) we can start discussing what you would like to see in the next expansion and what not.

To start off, would you like to see a Isle of Thunder server wide progression again? With all these stages.

Or did you hate it and want to rush through everything on first day?
    I would love to see them doing something like this again in future, i loved it and i think it was one of best things in Mists of Pandaria.

So would you like to see a server wide progression again in future?
    It certainly lasted longer for me than timeless isle, I was done with timeless isle 2 weeks in while only playing for 1 hour a week. Now I just show up for the weekly Ordos/celestial.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I miss the days of when all of the most elite wow players from the most hardcore guilds worked together to complete the long and excruciatingly arduous questline to open the Gates of Ahn'Qirij. It took months, but it was truly incredible; the extroadinary amount of effort required to complete the event was mind boggling. I think WoW would get a million subs back if they did something of the level of sheer intensity again.
    I don't think the hardcore players enjoyed farming mats for a month to unlock a raid.

I have virtually no attachment to my server. The only people whose names I recognize, outside of my Guild, are people I didn't have room for on my ignore list (thanks for all those "Unknown Players" I can't remove, Blizz.)

I'd rather not have my gameplay limited by someone else's abilities that I neither know nor want to.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I don't think the hardcore players enjoyed farming mats for a month to unlock a raid.
    And thousands upon thousands of kill quests too

15+ Year Old Account
    I think overarching storylines are great; I'd like to see them tied together across all zones and levels, like what they did in Cata but where all the actions lead to further content-so, yes, your level 13 hunter can help aid the 95's in taking down the Legion invas-oops, spoiler!

Sure, could use some work, such as perhaps tying rep to the unlocks as well so people will keep going back and there wont be a drop off once people hit exalted and stop caring. Should also keep that mount buff once completing a quest once its unlocked, that was nice. Also need more variety in dailies at the higher unlocks, I hated the one where you had to kill those two big guys at the forge.

I liked it, but i hated playing catch-up with those tedious scenarios on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Completey disagree. Wow players want instant gear/rewards/anything. Having an AQ grind again would make more people quit. WoW is not the game it was 8 years ago and neither is its playerbase

The thing I didn't like about the isle of thunder gating was the fact that you had to wait almost a month to beat up the new world boss. If that wasn't a part of it, then I wouldn't mind it so much in the future.

Isle of Thunder was pretty well done- it was a lot less punishing than Isle of Quel'Danas in terms of server progress.

I think, for me, a combination of Isle of Thunder style, with a few daily quests and a few scenarios to add a little more of a progressing story, with the freedom of the Timeless Isle, would be perfect.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to combine 5.1's story progression over time (with a mount at the end of course!) with the Timeless Isle's exploration, rare hunting and maybe making epics drop far less frequently. I reckon with those combined we'd have a blast working through it. I hope dailies aren't gone entirely, they're not bad in small amounts.
    Butts.