Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Moonkin in a Nutshell o: DPS issues is it possible to help me out!

Stat weights i understand them very well intellect > hit cap/spirit/hit 15% > >haste breakpoint 10289 haste rating > Crit > Haste > mastery

and Dps Rotation ( i call them sun/moon)
    Wrath during Sun
    Starfire during moon
    Replace your ability with starsuge when ever it's possible
    and keep your dots up!

my opening on boss fights are usually.
    pre-lunar 75 points, pot jade serpent, double dot, starfire, and starsuge for lunar eclipse, Starfire ready again , Incarnation, spam starfire til 0 points, starfall then Celestial Aligment, where i can dot if more targets or else starfire spam *my Celestial Aligment is a macro combined with beserker aswell and this is my opener.

but still, vs galakras, immerseus, or even sometimes single target dps, i am just below everyone else and actually shamefully fighting with tanks.

I feel AoE is where i fail the most, but i am still pretty low on single target

Please help me out if you can see my mistake , so i can fill the hole! And thank you in advange!

How is your movement? are you moving alot?

Deleted
    SoO is one of the raids in WoW where it requires a lot of movement, Immerseus spams a lot of movement needed spells + you run after bulps.
    versus Dark Shaman you are like on follow the bosses as the tanks has to kite them around. If we look at galakras, i feel like i am dodging flame arrows. Siegecraft, Spoils yup, i move a lot. But that is needed. Thok Fixrate. Malkarok, Void zones + blood rage, Nasgrim --> ads

I dont know what you are doing wrong but on same fight ( Malkorok ) i had some 300k, while you had 140k. Well my gear is better now, and at that point I think I had 4set bonus and some 14ilvl more. That week i think i got few new items ( neck, upgraded trinket... ). We will be killing him on Sunday and will try to test my dps then ( considering i lost some 1100crit but got 700int ). But with 4set bonus, bit more crit ( i think you need more then 10k ), new trinket you should do good.

Also keep in mind that best dps scores you'll have the shorter the fight is.
    Last edited by markos82; 2013-10-13 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Yep, i got 3 tiers, shoulder tier dropped, but fortunately it went to another druid, he needed it aswell

and i am also doing legendary quest, i should have meta gem in 2 weeks approxly.

I coin everyweek, Immerseus on flex/normal, but no luck so far. Still this doesn't actually solve why my dps is so bad.
    Last edited by mmoc7472ab9c51; 2013-10-14 at 11:19 AM.

The meta and the cloak are large dps boosts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    The meta and the cloak are large dps boosts.
    i know that, but the current issue here isn't the gear, as i have 539 itemlvl. I should be avaible of pump more DPS with that gear, And the point of this thread is ttrying to find someone who knows boomkins well and can help me out by pointing fingers at my mistake so i can practice/learn from it and be better. I also know getting full HC gear is dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    Yep, i got 3 tiers, shoulder dropped tonight but our resto druid xtoto received it

and i am also doing legendary quest, i should have meta gem in 2 weeks approxly.

I coin everyweek, Immerseus on flex/normal, but no luck so far. Still this doesn't actually solve why my dps is so bad.
    If he didnt needed it for set bonus he should have traded it to you.
    What about legendary back? Also keep in mind that legendary isnt as legendary for us as previous ones ( weapons ). its some 3-4% of total dmg, depending on amount of adds. On some fights even lower. Get Immerseus trinket if you can. It is BiS for us. More crit dmg ( not crit chance but crit dmg ), more haste/hit so you can drop it somewhere and put into crit.

Don't rely on coin for an item. It will just make you mad In entire time i got 2 items, one of them was for OS since i forgot to change it to main spec...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If he didnt needed it for set bonus he should have traded it to you.
    What about legendary back? Also keep in mind that legendary isnt as legendary for us as previous ones ( weapons ). its some 3-4% of total dmg, depending on amount of adds. On some fights even lower. Get Immerseus trinket if you can. It is BiS for us. More crit dmg ( not crit chance but crit dmg ), more haste/hit so you can drop it somewhere and put into crit.

Don't rely on coin for an item. It will just make you mad In entire time i got 2 items, one of them was for OS since i forgot to change it to main spec...
    So you are trying to tell me, my boomkin lacks gear? and i don't do any mistakes as a DPS role?

Yes Trinket won't just drop i try everyweek, I don't try to get it from coin ,but it's another chance i do immerseus LFR; Flex and normal each week thats 3 drop chances , with coins that adds it up to 6 drop chances = just no luck so far.

and after i receive meta gem i will ofc go for legendary back. But again, are you trying to say my gear is the only issue?

And the other guy needed the shoulders ofc aswell.!
    Last edited by mmoc7472ab9c51; 2013-10-14 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know that, but the current issue here isn't the gear, as i have 539 itemlvl. I should be avaible of pump more DPS with that gear, And the point of this thread is ttrying to find someone who knows boomkins well and can help me out by pointing fingers at my mistake so i can practice/learn from it and be better. I also know getting full HC gear is dps increase.
    High dps would be the case with that ilvl if you had the meta, cloak and a 4pc -- ilvl is only a number. The reason people with those ilvls had such high dps was mostly because of the tier bonuses and legendary items. You are expecting to pump out more dps when you are probably comparing parses of boomkins in similar gear w/ all the other items listed. It doesn't seem like it would but, it makes a huge difference.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Well i'm using FoN with HotW I found that to be better for me then other combinations even if dps is bit lower. If you have problem moving and if you are using CDs during movement then that is best for you. Also if you are not playing with enemies HP shown you can try that, easier to target them and apply dots that will improve your dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    High dps would be the case with that ilvl if you had the meta, cloak and a 4pc -- ilvl is only a number. The reason people with those ilvls had such high dps was mostly because of the tier bonuses and legendary items. You are expecting to pump out more dps when you are probably comparing parses of boomkins in similar gear w/ all the other items listed. It doesn't seem like it would but, it makes a huge difference.
    i am actually comparing more to my fellow guild members who got less ItemLVL and outdps me , to be fair, i am more getting "joked on" as they are stating they are worse geared yet does more dps :S or else myself i don't care either with itemlvl.

and i mean come on :P i sit with what 110k dps while my tank pipfuglen has 130k? i believe i do some mistakes just don't know what that is either :/
    Last edited by mmoc7472ab9c51; 2013-10-13 at 12:49 AM.

So you are trying to tell me, my boomkin lacks gear? and i don't do any mistakes as a DPS role?

Yes Trinket won't just drop i try everyweek, I don't try to get it from coin ,but it's another chance i do immerseus LFR; Flex and normal each week thats 3 drop chances , with coins that adds it up to 6 drop chances = just no luck so far.

and after i receive meta gem i will ofc go for legendary back. But again, are you trying to say my gear is the only issue?
    Yes moonkins are gear depended, by a lot. There is no way you can make that many mistakes to have 150k less dps then me on a same fight and still able to kill the boss. As I said, i think your crit is a bit low, but that doesnt have to be an issue. I had 15k+ 2 weeks ago and now i'm on <12K but my dps is better since i gain more then 2k intellect .

Now sure how much of a dps meta brings but dont be surprised to see that its more then a legendary back. On Malkorok normal it was only some 3.5% dmg done.

- - - Updated - - -

i am actually comparing more to my fellow guild members who got less ItemLVL and outdps me , to be fair, i am more getting "joked on" as they are stating they are worse geared yet does more dps :S

and i mean come on :P i sit with what 110k dps while my tank pipfuglen has 130k? i believe i do some mistakes just don't know what that is either :/
    Tanks are new dps. On some fight with insane vengeance, they can do much much more then a dps class.

Also moonkins are hybrid class so dont expect to top the meters if you have pure dps class there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yes moonkins are gear depended, by a lot. There is no way you can make that many mistakes to have 150k less dps then me on a same fight and still able to kill the boss. As I said, i think your crit is a bit low, but that doesnt have to be an issue. I had 15k+ 2 weeks ago and now i'm on <12K but my dps is better since i gain more then 2k intellect .

Now sure how much of a dps meta brings but dont be surprised to see that its more then a legendary back. On Malkorok normal it was only some 3.5% dmg done.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanks are new dps. On some fight with insane vengeance, they can do much much more then a dps class.

Also moonkins are hybrid class so dont expect to top the meters if you have pure dps class there

hmm alright, I will have to take a nap now and first thing will be to check this thread, if there are some others that could come with inputs! .

I thank you all for your inputs aswell yes i am listening to them so far what i see, is that the dps issues i am having is from my gear, then i will ofc give it time as it's quite limited to get loots per week =] TY all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Just going to chime in here. In lfr im getting 80-100k dps in this gear as boomkin. On say galkaras i can get like 110k. Does this seem fine with my gear? Didn't want to make another thread. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Chickat/simple I know eveythings not perfect but i enchants gemmed with what was cheap. Working on legendary quest now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no expert on booms by any means.
    But I took a quick look at your logs, and your CD usage is off.
    Look at general, it took you 7 min and 6 sec to kill him = you had time to use your 3 min CD's 3 times, you only used them twice. (same on most of the other bosses as well)

Your dot uptime seems to go up and down, some encounter it's good, some it's decent, others it's not so good. - make sure you have some decent dot timers. I myself pref. weak aura.

Also, I thought inc and CA was used at the same time? and that you pushed your nature energy as close you can so you only need to do a starsurge on pull?

Other then that I'm afraid I don't know enough about druids to say much more.

Not a moonkin myself either, but take Malkorak as example. Starsurge procced 41 times, you used it 32. I understand you get back-to-back proccs sometimes but the uptime is 24%, which might mean you're holding on to the proccs? Someone do correct me if I'm wrong but starsurge is an even higher priority than keeping dots up in 5.4?

That, and as mentioned cooldown usage is a bit off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Not a moonkin myself either, but take Malkorak as example. Starsurge procced 41 times, you used it 32. I understand you get back-to-back proccs sometimes but the uptime is 24%, which might mean you're holding on to the proccs? Someone do correct me if I'm wrong but starsurge is an even higher priority than keeping dots up in 5.4?

That, and as mentioned cooldown usage is a bit off.
    You aren't supposed to use more than one starsurge per lunar eclipse as it wastes a wrath cast, so sometimes it can waste one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drodoo View Post
    I'm no expert on booms by any means.
    But I took a quick look at your logs, and your CD usage is off.
    Look at general, it took you 7 min and 6 sec to kill him = you had time to use your 3 min CD's 3 times, you only used them twice. (same on most of the other bosses as well)

Your dot uptime seems to go up and down, some encounter it's good, some it's decent, others it's not so good. - make sure you have some decent dot timers. I myself pref. weak aura.

Also, I thought inc and CA was used at the same time? and that you pushed your nature energy as close you can so you only need to do a starsurge on pull?

Other then that I'm afraid I don't know enough about druids to say much more.
    about the CD's:
    it's because of my opener, the CD's of them would be ready in like extra 10-20 secs, as i don't pop them before like 45 sec or 1min into the fight as we have hero or i just want to keep my starfall quite up at start.

As i stated eairlier, I have pre-lunar 75 energy, I cast Starfall and Dot target, *this gains no energy* then 1 starsuge, for eclipse change to lunar, where it refreshes the cd of starfall, here i pop starfall again, and activate incarnation, and spam starfire until 0 energy, at this point. i use CA + Beserk *incernation is still active* pop another starfall + just one dot (as the other one automaticly gets applied* and then i just follow the basic rotation, wrath on sun, starfire on moon, + replace with starsuge on proc/and redot.

about usage of them:
    I use CA and Beserk together, and Inc, it's because INC is a longer duraction, So i start with inc fire few shots then use CA and Beserk *where inc is still activ* it's because CA makes you use both eclipse at once, So i set up few stuff so i don't have to waste time re-dotting etc etc.
    Last edited by mmoc7472ab9c51; 2013-10-13 at 07:59 AM.