Deleted

SOLO tank lvl 90 question

hi guys i have a warrior lvl 90 now...i'm looking for doing some old raid/istance in solo is good now warr tank or i need to reroll DK blood? give me some suggestion

Depends on what you wanna solo"

Vanilla raids? Buy a foam sword, get a tuxedo and a trash can lid and have at it.

TBC? Same but you will need a hard rubber sword.

Wrath? Fiber glass maybe? Nooo...Letter opener?

Ok, jokes aside. Old raids are very easy to do. Some are harder then others depending on the class. I haven't played a warrior myself. But I know wars who solo old stuff. It's not hard. Just look up the fights and see how others wars have done them.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Get a basic grasp of the fights before you try them, because there are some things like falling damage or "Decrease Health by X%" that can still kill 90s.

Also, be prepared to switch to a DPS spec for fights with self-healing mechanics or when you can Fury through bosses faster than Prot.

GL on the first boss in BWL - I always have trouble as a pally tank, and usually just bring along a buddy.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Being a veteran warrior myself, this what I can say.

You can solo every single instance ever from vanilla to BC, even Sunwell 25m Heroic. Simply look up the fight mechanics and you will breeze through them.

You can do every single WotLK dungeon (normal) by yourself and not have to worry. Heroic dungeons... you're going to need to look up the mechanics.

Although ALL WotLK content is soloable everyone (yes, even ICC 25m Heroic is soloable by warriors), your gonna need some upscale gear for that (ie, ToT heroic), and not just gear; you need to be a skilled WoW player who knows how to time his interrupts, stuns, and use his buffs, as well as read an in-depth guide. Just don't expect to be simply hitting level 90 and breeding through ToC, though. Again, you CAN defeat Lich King on 25m heroic, but you gotta have the gear and know your stuff.

Cata normal dungeons are slightly less difficult than heroic WotLK raids. Barely soloable.

In other words, just about all.content from vanilla to the start of cata can be done. But as I said earlier, you have to know. Just cause you're 90 and you've saved Pandaria and all of that blah blah blah doesn't mean you can waltz through any old instance.

I've never heard of a warrior soloing anything beyond that.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-10-13 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    As long as you know how to play it shouldn't make too much difference but blood DK's are very strong for soloing with their self heals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

You can solo every single instance ever from vanilla to BC, even Sunwell 25m Heroic. Simply look up the fight mechanics and you will breeze through them.
    Sunwell only has one difficulty, and heroic raids didn't exist until ToGC. What are you talking about? Also, a geared prot warrior is capable of soloing the mop normal mode dungeons and even some (perhaps all) of the heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Sunwell only has one difficulty, and heroic raids didn't exist until ToGC. What are you talking about? Also, a geared prot warrior is capable of soloing the mop normal mode dungeons and even some (perhaps all) of the heroic dungeons.
    I can solo normal MoP dungeons with my Enh Sham, so I'm sure a proper tank can easily do heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

You can do every single WotLK dungeon (normal) by yourself and not have to worry. Heroic dungeons... you're going to need to look up the mechanics.

Although ALL WotLK content is soloable everyone (yes, even ICC 25m Heroic is soloable by warriors), your gonna need some upscale gear for that (ie, ToT heroic), and not just gear; you need to be a skilled WoW player who knows how to time his interrupts, stuns, and use his buffs, as well as read an in-depth guide. Just don't expect to be simply hitting level 90 and breeding through ToC, though. Again, you CAN defeat Lich King on 25m heroic, but you gotta have the gear and know your stuff.

Cata normal dungeons are slightly less difficult than heroic WotLK raids. Barely soloable.

In other words, just about all.content from vanilla to the start of cata can be done. But as I said earlier, you have to know. Just cause you're 90 and you've saved Pandaria and all of that blah blah blah doesn't mean you can waltz through any old instance.

I've never heard of a warrior soloing anything beyond that.
    How do you do Dreamwalker in ICC? Thats one hell of a stack of bandages right there!
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by flyares View Post
    hi guys i have a warrior lvl 90 now...i'm looking for doing some old raid/istance in solo is good now warr tank or i need to reroll DK blood? give me some suggestion
    DK's get the gold star. Paladins get a bronze. I'm not sure where the others are but I'd imagine warriors are pretty bad due to relative lack of self heals.