Talking Leveling as a Demonology tank?

How well do you think that will go, by playing as a tank (Demonology spec) with a Monk (Mistweaver) from level 15 and up thru dungeons?
    Got any tips?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well as soon as you reach level 25, get the Glyph of Demon Hunting, which when activated, turns you into a mini-tank of sorts. Which is efficient to about level 70'ish honestly, you are basically immortal really, and the damage is okay.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

you can't pick a tank role as a warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    How well do you think that will go, by playing as a tank (Demonology spec) with a Monk (Mistweaver) from level 15 and up thru dungeons?
    Got any tips?
    You'd have to get another friend to queue as a tank while being dps. Highly inefficient, because any real tank class does more dps than a lock tank.

Quote Originally Posted by brutallord View Post
    you can't pick a tank role as a warlock
    Correct but the mistweaver can, not like you need a perfect set up to do dungeons up to level 70 anywany.

Haha! Sorry. But the dungeons still exist outside of the Dungeon Tool. We just run to the entrance. So we don't que. I did say it was just me and my girlfriend.

Deleted
    Oh that works. Make sure your healer has a twohander and let him start fistweaving

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Correct but the mistweaver can, not like you need a perfect set up to do dungeons up to level 70 anywany.
    You are correct sir, you certainly don't need a perfect setup for low lvl dungeons but rolling with two healers in dungeons sucks

But as Cyonis said, fistweaving might work.

I'll report back after level 70. Maybe we will beat those dungeons alone!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think using a voidwalker provides even better results as long as stuff in aoe dies fast enough and gets stunned, as the voidwalker kinda sucks getting aoe threat.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I think using a voidwalker provides even better results as long as stuff in aoe dies fast enough and gets stunned, as the voidwalker kinda sucks getting aoe threat.
    He is doing a really good job at my level (25ish now), changes target quickly, if I get aggro.

Deleted
    He is doing a really good job at my level (25ish now), changes target quickly, if I get aggro.
    Isn't making your monk level as tank a good idea? I personally was able to solo a lot of stuff on my monk tank on level, including many dungeons and the level 84 crudible of carnage, which my warrior was not. Brewmaster damage is very good while leveling aswel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Isn't making your monk level as tank a good idea? I personally was able to solo a lot of stuff on my monk tank on level, including many dungeons and the level 84 crudible of carnage, which my warrior was not. Brewmaster damage is very good while leveling aswel!
    My Monk is already level 90. My girlfriend is playing the Monk and she want to be a Mistweaver and I want to be a ranged for once, without healing.

So it was either Warlock or Hunter. And I went with Warlock.
    But after Gnomeregan, oh boi... I deal so bad damage with heirlooms, but my Voidwalker seem to do okey.

Now I did change to Destruction just for a test, and I was doing a lot more damage (I think), but the Voidwalker couldn't hold aggro.
    Perhaps Affliction is a better way to go, builds up damage slowly while Voidwalker builds threat?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if a Hunter's pet is better tank than a Voidwalker can ever be?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a well known fact that locks aren't really great during leveling early on, they miss so many important abilities that they get later on that it makes you wonder about stuff like going a different class. But trust us, locks are great once they get all the good stuff .

I would say the voidwalker is a way better tank than any hunter pet, I don't know though if they have the passive threat bonus skill implemented from the get-go or if they get it later as your level progresses. The only thing that they lack is aoe threat.

Once you get Soul Link, the voidwalker becomes beastly. Before that it will die with way more hits.

About leveling, I'd stay stick to Demo/Destro for dungeons and go Destro for soloing/questing with voidwalker, Affliction has waaay too slow damage buildup, stuff usually dies before you can cast all dots on them.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-10-15 at 09:15 AM.

That's my concern, the lack of AoE threat.
    How is the Felguard as tank? I know he has some area effect.

Deleted
    The felguard has been great for me. It's much better than voidwalker on AoE threat, it just dies faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    The felguard has been great for me. It's much better than voidwalker on AoE threat, it just dies faster.
    So fast that a healer can't keep it alive?

Not the quickest way to level but looks like fun, is the health funnel glyph any use for keeping felguard up or you find you need to heal more often than the CD allows?

Deleted
    So fast that a healer can't keep it alive?
    It should be fine. Do make your healer setup frames so she can see its health properly.