Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Going at the wrong side at thadius
    Ragequit guild after get kicked from the raid because i screw mine oficers friends Immortal run with that move
    Oh man I remember going for that... Immortal or Undying. So many times we ran that and (until we got it) failed at Kel'Thuzad in those purple zones he throws down or someone standing to close to another and getting half the raid in Icetombs. We were so nervous too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I really have any worst mistakes, just dumb little stuff really. I'm not too good at judging the distance of a drop vs what my Rogues can actually handle... and I like jumping down from heights and surviving, but sometimes I end up killing them. (Though sometimes they also impress me when something at least looked like it should have been too high.) Beyond that, just misjudging how hard something or a group of somethings would attack me and being quickly killed. Although it's reassuring when I watch someone in the group, who thought they themselves were just such a god at this game, end up being to self assured and quickly slaughtered...

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The worst mistake I ever made was after Blizzcon 2010. My guild of 3 years meets up there, we were ready to take on the new expansion and just spend some time hanging out. Those were my real friends. December 7th 2010. Cataclysm comes out it was meant to be the Renaissance of WoW and bring a new life to the game.

We start gearing. As the months of endless dungeons and painfully difficult hard modes press on I start to lose my identity, without the old WoW I am depressed and my guild is starting to show its cracks with age. The guild disbanded on June 28th 2011, my 30th birthday and the start of Firelands. I feel old, this game is no longer for me and I have no more friends. That was my biggest mistake. Not leaving that day.
    What a sad story that made me feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Oh man I remember going for that... Immortal or Undying. So many times we ran that and (until we got it) failed at Kel'Thuzad in those purple zones he throws down or someone standing to close to another and getting half the raid in Icetombs. We were so nervous too.
    Did you play a paladin in Wrath? If so we had 2 paladins who always died on KT. We placed bets on it in officer chat on who would die to the KT void zone thing.

As for immortal, yeh I fucked that one up on the dance..... luckily it was the first wing. Then the 2nd try at it one of our shaman fell asleep on KT XD.

We got it on the 3rd week. As I was shaman CM I got a bit of flak over it lol but hey we made it fun!

Purchasing the god damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Did you play a paladin in Wrath? If so we had 2 paladins who always died on KT. We placed bets on it in officer chat on who would die to the KT void zone thing.

As for immortal, yeh I fucked that one up on the dance..... luckily it was the first wing. Then the 2nd try at it one of our shaman fell asleep on KT XD.

We got it on the 3rd week. As I was shaman CM I got a bit of flak over it lol but hey we made it fun!
    I've always played a paladin. I just loved everything about "the paladin" ever since Dungeons & Dragons. So as a default I couldn't choose anything else then the paladin . Even when I sorta hated my class or was pigeonholed into healing or whatever (turned out that I love healing), I stuck with it

And talk about being asleep indeed. Kel'Thuzad the sleepbringer..... damn him for being so slow with everything. I mean first you get endless easy trash that takes like 5 minutes or more? Then you get KT. And the only thing you need to do during the fight is basically stand X feet away from eachother and spam buttons (if you are ranged). If you are also a CC'er you have an extra job at the mindcontrol people. And if you are melee you need to watch more where you are standing then anyone else.

But yeah I fell asleep at times too. Luckily I was so hyped during these immortal runs that I could not sleep even for an hour after.

We had a tank who was actually one of the best tanks I had seen until then.... standing in a voidzonethingy and we're all yelling at him to move... turns out at that time, his roomate comes in and draws his attention and makes him turn off his headset. And I go like: Blade!! (his name) MOVE NOW!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (as in slowmotion)

People had recorded it, it was so fun. Sure we all "hated" Blade for it at the time. But oh well we got the title the next run. It was like 5% left on the boss tho. We would have made it easily. Gave him a title on his guildnote: The Dying™

My worst mistake was wasting 6 years of my life playing it, only to realize the game was bad compared to newer MMO's on the market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deleting tons of gear I could have used for transmog. Or maybe That I was clueless when I was equipping gear when I started playing the game, only used the parts with highest armor, didn't even look at other stats.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Missing out on Plagued and Black proto drakes, because i couldnt bother to join the achievement runs with the guild back then:P

I've always played a paladin. I just loved everything about "the paladin" ever since Dungeons & Dragons. So as a default I couldn't choose anything else then the paladin . Even when I sorta hated my class or was pigeonholed into healing or whatever (turned out that I love healing), I stuck with it

And talk about being asleep indeed. Kel'Thuzad the sleepbringer..... damn him for being so slow with everything. I mean first you get endless easy trash that takes like 5 minutes or more? Then you get KT. And the only thing you need to do during the fight is basically stand X feet away from eachother and spam buttons (if you are ranged). If you are also a CC'er you have an extra job at the mindcontrol people. And if you are melee you need to watch more where you are standing then anyone else.

But yeah I fell asleep at times too. Luckily I was so hyped during these immortal runs that I could not sleep even for an hour after.

We had a tank who was actually one of the best tanks I had seen until then.... standing in a voidzonethingy and we're all yelling at him to move... turns out at that time, his roomate comes in and draws his attention and makes him turn off his headset. And I go like: Blade!! (his name) MOVE NOW!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (as in slowmotion)

People had recorded it, it was so fun. Sure we all "hated" Blade for it at the time. But oh well we got the title the next run. It was like 5% left on the boss tho. We would have made it easily. Gave him a title on his guildnote: The Dying™
    XD

I know that feeling all to well.

We had a funny thing in TBC maintank didnt repair and his shield was broken. Illidan came along and sheered him to death. He goes GUISE my shield block won't work. Is your shield equipped, yes oh its red.

Our priest goes "YOU ARE NOT REPAIRED" in illidans voice.

I have 2, both of them during firelands heroic progression, I played dps warrior

1) First raid with new guild, I'm invited to progress on Fandral heroic, we nearly got him to like 5% and the enrage is coming up, and the guild master says "nuke it" but I heard "wipe it", so I taunted the boss and nearly killed everyone with the enraged flame scythe :P instant wipe

2) We were on baleroc on an ordinary farm raid, but it was my first time doing baleroc, i was assigned to be the first soaker on the first crystal that spawned in melee. But out of habit I popped all cds (including recklessness, which then increased the damage you take by like 40% iirc) so when the crystal came, I died in like 2 seconds

I accidentally blinked into Zul'jin and wiped my raid once while everyone was brb.

Deleted
    Trusting a blizz shop pet/mount seller and losing 200k Gold in the process. Duh me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Purchasing the god damn game.
    Was gonna say that too.....
    Starting playing it was the worst mistake I ever made. lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    XD

I know that feeling all to well.

We had a funny thing in TBC maintank didnt repair and his shield was broken. Illidan came along and sheered him to death. He goes GUISE my shield block won't work. Is your shield equipped, yes oh its red.

Our priest goes "YOU ARE NOT REPAIRED" in illidans voice.
    Haha yeah that is awesome I think I'd actually lol'd myself under my seat with that comment if I had been there.

Same tank this time it is TBC and we're going for the Lurker Below. My healingteam and me were like OMG the damage.. But we managed to end the fight in our favour. Blade suddenly says: Ehm guys... I am still in Frostresistance gear... (due to the boss before him).

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing MoP, dreadful for me...
    Hey everyone

Haha yeah that is awesome I think I'd actually lol'd myself under my seat with that comment if I had been there.

Same tank this time it is TBC and we're going for the Lurker Below. My healingteam and me were like OMG the damage.. But we managed to end the fight in our favour. Blade suddenly says: Ehm guys... I am still in Frostresistance gear... (due to the boss before him).
    Good old hydross trolling tanks and then tanks forgetting to switch back

We went through a couple of tanks at the start of TBC. Some guy called Patrickk (was in our Vanilla guild) he caused drama and was booted. We had another tank who had to leave and a paladin tank who was on every now and then. We then got a Polish MT called sztorm. Awesome guy was a pretty solid tank, was prone to some lapse of judgement though (not repaired!). We had a druid brought in for an off tank and our offtank came in called Toobad, who was our tank in Vanilla and one of the best tanks ive played with!

Good times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    My worst mistake was wasting 6 years of my life playing it, only to realize the game was bad compared to newer MMO's on the market.
    Brony please! ^^ Name one more succesful MMO out there.

Deleted
    Choosing a rogue when I started playing, instead of a Paladin or at least a Priest - I lost almost a year not knowing that I can have so much more fun playing...

Deleted
    I accidentally bought bunch of intellect gems for my rogue with when I was meaning to buy agility gems. I ran around for quite a long while with about half of my gear having intellect gems. One day I happened to notice one of the gems and started mousing over rest of my gear. My eyes almost fell out of their sockets. I wonder how many people had been inspecting and giggling at me.