Deleted
    hey everyone. I know that weapon damage plays a big part of our dps. I coined the gorehowl normal warforged from garrosh. I was wondering if the stats of haste and mastery from a normal non-wf polearm dropped from thok would be worth obtaining?

Weapon damage>stats Use Gorehowl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul360 View Post
    hey everyone. I know that weapon damage plays a big part of our dps. I coined the gorehowl normal warforged from garrosh. I was wondering if the stats of haste and mastery from a normal non-wf polearm dropped from thok would be worth obtaining?
    Always use the weapon that has the highest item level.

Higher Item Level = More Weapon Damage/Dps > Stats
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Can you guys point me to some resources concerning theorycrafting? Looking to know more about theorycrafting and learn the basics of game mechanics (armor reduction, attack modifiers, how to calculate what an ability should hit for, etc.). I would like to know the math behind the game and not have to rely solely on you guys or the guys at ej.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Can you guys point me to some resources concerning theorycrafting? Looking to know more about theorycrafting and learn the basics of game mechanics (armor reduction, attack modifiers, how to calculate what an ability should hit for, etc.). I would like to know the math behind the game and not have to rely solely on you guys or the guys at ej.
    Most people theory-craft and examine the 'math' behind the game by looking through logs or using Simulation Craft. Links below.

SimCraft
    WorldofLogs
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Basicly gave yourself the answer. EJ is all about calculations, not sure if you read through the thread?

So I see repeatedly in this thread that you should go from t15 4pc to t16 4pc. But thats a very vague statement, does that mean LFR t15 4pc is better than normal 553 not 4pc? Is there a way to get an estimated value of the 4pc proc for DPS? I'm in the situation where I've picked up a number of offset DPS pieces in Soo and I'm struggling to figure out if its worth going up severla item levels or not, while dropping tier in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Check your logs, see how much 4p damage is, run sims, check statweights, compare, profit

Nobody can tell you the secret answer. There is no secret answer.

You need to remember majority of fights in SoO got cleave and/or aoe components, making the T15 4set less valuable.
    So to calculate that, would I look at the difference between the average 4pc TV and Normal TV's, and calculate that damage? If I do that, on my most recent Thok kill it came out to be ~6k DPS(2.4m damage over 400 seconds), but how do I account for the Mastery in that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    So to calculate that, would I look at the difference between the average 4pc TV and Normal TV's, and calculate that damage? If I do that, on my most recent Thok kill it came out to be ~6k DPS(2.4m damage over 400 seconds), but how do I account for the Mastery in that as well?
    Based off your Armory, you have 7390 Mastery. With BoMight, you'll have 10390, which should be a little under 47% Mastery. While I'm not 100% sure on these (I know others in the thread will be), you'll also need to somewhat account for the Holy damage bonus from the 2P and Inquisition for Hand of Light.

If those all effect it, you'd be looking at something like 2.4 million damage x .47 (Mastery) x 1.03 (2P, we'll assume 50% uptime) x 1.3 (Inq) = 1.51 million HoL damage.

If it's 1.5 mil over 400 seconds, you're looking at another 3.75K DPS for a total of 9.75K DPS. I'm not sure what your overall DPS is on the fight, so I can't compare it.

Note that I'm at work, it's early, and my mathing and logic isn't 100% WoW focused at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    So I see repeatedly in this thread that you should go from t15 4pc to t16 4pc. But thats a very vague statement, does that mean LFR t15 4pc is better than normal 553 not 4pc?
    You can use simcraft to calculate the damage you get from t15 4pc. After you import your character, add the line tier15_4pc_melee=1 or tier15_4pc_melee=0 to calculate you damage with and without the 4pc respectively.
    If you also calculate your statweights, you can know how much damage you gain from getting 1 extra strength and 1 extra secondary stat.

Just as an example in my gear (I have a mix of normal and LFR t15 4pc, overall ilvl about 545, normal t16 weapon and both the Galakras and Thok trinkets) the t15 4pc is increasing my damage by about 10 %, which is a bit over 20k.
    1 extra strength gives me 5-6 damage while 1 secondary stat is about 3, therefore going from LFR/normal t15 to flex/normal t16 (~40-50 ilvls) is about 5k damage increase depending on the slot and exact ilvl (helm, chest, legs have higher itemization, so the difference is bigger compared to gloves and shoulders; going from t15 LFR to t16 normal is obviously a bigger jump then going from normal t15 items to t16 flex).

As you can see, going from full t15 LFR 4pc to full t15 normal would probably be just barely worth it (you also lose you t15 2pc, which is another ~1.5 % dmg) on single target and it should be an improvement on AoE.

If you wanted to know the exact numbers, you would have to sim your own character as usual, but since this situation is very specific and atypical (most people who don't have a single normal piece from precious tier and only have LFR won't sudenly get a full set of normal mode gear from current tier), the rule of thumb is to swap 4pc for 4pc.

Just as a sidenote I would kinda like it if Blizzard just nerfed the previous 4pc to your typical 2-3 %, I know calling for nerfs with no compensation is weird, but getting a 50 ilvl upgrade and thinking to myself 'yeah, that item I will never use unless I get just the other 4 tier pieces first, to void storage with it' is making me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to think about when considering when to switch off 4pc t15 is that, while there are many add and cleave scenarios in this tier, in a lot of those situations, boss damage is still more important. Would it be nice to pad off the adds in p1 of garrosh? Sure. But it's the boss damage that matters.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    -Snip-
    Thanks for the help! I can try to calculate what I do in practice with the results now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert
    -Snip
    Thanks, I wasn't sure how to sim the value, but that will actually probably help me the most, I was trying to figure it out based on my logs but simming it will probably produce better results. That said, I misrepresented my situation; I don't have LFR and am upgrading to normals, I'm just talking about in general the rule "go 4pc to 4pc" assumes specific item levels and lack of forged gear and offset pieces and such and isn't always a great rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla
    Another thing to think about when considering when to switch off 4pc t15 is that, while there are many add and cleave scenarios in this tier, in a lot of those situations, boss damage is still more important. Would it be nice to pad off the adds in p1 of garrosh? Sure. But it's the boss damage that matters.
    Yea, I was thinking about this particularly myself. For our group its single target damage that matters - we just got normal thok down and it was the hardest fight we've had all tier. The next few fights have very little AoE for me to focus on. I'm not concerned about cleaving damage on Garrosh when we get there, what I suspect my raid group will have trouble with is burning him down before we get overwhelmed with MC's and Whirling Corruptions, so single target damage is what I want to focus on maximizing.

Is Paragons of Klaxxi normal trinket better than Heroic Fabled feather of ji-kun??

I would lost 500 haste, 100 mastery and 400 crit swaping trinkets (because currently i'm using all the hit of the ji-kun trinket), idk if the proc is better than this after the nerfs of Tot trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisar View Post
    Is Paragons of Klaxxi normal trinket better than Heroic Fabled feather of ji-kun??

I would lost 500 haste, 100 mastery and 400 crit swaping trinkets (because currently i'm using all the hit of the ji-kun trinket), idk if the proc is better than this after the nerfs of Tot trinkets.
    If that is the crit trinket, no. Feather still holds up pretty nicely if you can use it right but amp/cdr still blow it away.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

If you had all the trinks, would you wanna swap out the Thok trink for the cleave trink on heavy aoe/cleave fights or stick thok becuz of the mastery and other stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Id only consider using the cleave trinket seriously for galakras or spoils. Add damage isnt really important on other fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Id only consider using the cleave trinket seriously for galakras or spoils. Add damage isnt really important on other fights.
    The cleave trinket is a downgrade over thoks/cdr even on add fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there ya go, then

The cleave/multistrike trinket doesn't work with our mastery which should be 20-30% of your damage, now IF you went crit over mastery it might've been decent.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    The cleave trinket is a downgrade over thoks/cdr even on add fights
    I really don't think so, at least with thok trinket on these encounter.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2909&e=3277 (with galakras flex 2/2 & cleave trinket nm 2/2)
    Last edited by mmoca677383a5d; 2013-10-16 at 09:50 AM.