Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    what we DO need is the stop of ability bloat and reduction of CC this is a thing that most ppl agree on
    Part of the reason that I keep playing this game is because of the new abilities and rotation adjustments that are made patch to patch and expansion to expansion. While I agree that there is some bloat and that the game can feel overwhelming to a new player, how are you attracting those players that have already mastered the current incarnation of the spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Because there are only sub 60s and max level characters out in the world?
    Nothing else matters. Sub-60s will be less affected than the rest. 70-90 will be reduced by the same proportions so there won't be any change.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It's the first thing that's ever made me consider quitting WoW since I started playing in 2005.
    Than good riddance, if small numbers over big stupid numbers make you want to quit than no one wants you here anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The "stat squish" is just dumb. The point of leveling up and getting new gear is to get stronger. People need to learn to deal with "big numbers", and if they for some reason can't then just add an option to show "1M" damage instead of 1,000,000.

I really don't get how people have an issue with something like the number 300,000 though. It's not hard to understand unless you are 7 years old.
    If you have 782,231 hp and you are hit for 781,110 of those hit points - it is the exact same thing as someone with 100 hp being hit for 99. There is less clutter over the entire UI. It isn't JUST about damage, and what would one million and ten damage look like? "1M000010", "1M-00010"?

Don't know about you, but that is confusing to me, and I just made them up. It has nothing to do with the age of the player and everything to do with what looks better aesthetically.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Not looking foward to it, doing the same damage or even less them I am doing now next xpac is going to be just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Without going into the realm of opinion or the insipid blatant fallacy that is "hardware limitations", why exactly is it needed? Can you explain to me that without a reasonable doubt that we somehow need a stat squish in order for the game to be better in some possible way?
    Because Heroic 25 Garrosh's health is MAXED out and he has to heal multiple times through the fight to reset the count because they've run out of integers available to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Look at the charts I posted. They CLEARLY show that sub-60 levelling won't be touched.

And what you fail to grasp is that the numbers are too big because of a fundamental limit of integers. RPPM has nothing to do with it.
    No, it's not. The limit of an Int64 is 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 and that's a signed int.

What you don't understand is that we might end up with Wrath-era ilvls. Which were fine for killing level 60s. But then also factor in that the level 60s will also get squished and the result is that there is no change.
    But ICC gear didn't get you very far in Sunwell. That was just one expansion between the last and vanilla. Sunwell probably won't be a problem, even if they nerf it that drastically, since the raid will also be changed. But good luck with ICC or DS.

Nothing else matters. Sub-60s will be less affected than the rest. 70-90 will be reduced by the same proportions so there won't be any change.
    Everyone 61-99 will gain power relative to 100s. The decreased delta means 100s will actually be threatened by an extra body or two (across the entire level range) that joins in on any fight. BUT NO CHANGE, PERCENTAGES!

It's the first thing that's ever made me consider quitting WoW since I started playing in 2005.
    thuper dramatic and a silly reason to quit

10+ Year Old Account
    "Weakened" is probably the worst word to use here.

Would you people feel better if they put M for millions at the end of all numbers after them Stat Squish? This is the most ridiculous thing to complain about in this game's history.

Deleted
    Anyone Not Looking Forward to Stat Squish?
    ME . I won't pay any money toward Blizzard ever if they will do that.

Than good riddance, if small numbers over big stupid numbers make you want to quit than no one wants you here anyway.
    That what they keep saying : good riddance . And now are 5 milion players less.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-10-15 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    Would you people feel better if they put M for millions at the end of all numbers after them Stat Squish? This is the most ridiculous thing to complain about in this game's history.
    People started with complaining about the big numbers though :/

This is a sensitive topic in WoW, the people fighting against it are thinking "OMG THAT MEANS I'LL ME WEAKER AND TEH MONSTERS WILL ONE SHOT ME" when that isn't the case at all.

Its just a translation so the world doesn't seem so ridiculous with HUGE MEGA numbers. I don't understand why you people can't get that through your thick skulls.

Everything is going to be read in smaller numbers, but its still technically doing the same amount of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Okay, let's do it. Real numbers.

Boss has 450k health. A player has two abilities, one does 100k and one does 50k and they alternate.

1. 100k hit, boss at 350k
    2. 50k hit, boss at 300k
    3. 100k hit, boss at 200k
    4. 50k hit, boss at 150k
    5. 100k hit, boss at 50k
    6. 50k hit, boss dead

Now, scale down by 20% (multiply everything by .8). Boss has 360k. Spells now hit for 80k and 40k.

1. Hit for 80k, boss at 280k.
    2. Hit for 40k, boss at 240k.
    3. Hit for 80k, boss at 160k.
    4. Hit for 40k, boss at 120k.
    5. Hit for 80k, boss at 40k.
    6. Hit for 40k, boss dead.

See? It all scales together. Percentages.
    What the person you quoted what talking about is the relative power between different levels pre and post-squish.

Like he said, which you unneedingly confirmed, is that at any given level, the squish will not change the power relatively. That means that a lvl 90 now will feel just as powerful after the squish as before the squish, but only if he/she were fighting another lvl 90 character/NPC/player.

What the person was talking about however is that when you compare a lvl 90 to characters from any level NOT lvl 90, relative power will be changed with a squish. That is, because the stat budget per ilvl scale exponentially, the factor at which stats will be squished down will also have to increase exponentially as ilvl increases.

This means that the factor which a lvl 1 will be scaled down with should be much smaller than the factor which a lvl 90 will be scaled down with.

If you (or anyone else) cannot understand why this is, I either did a poor job at explaining (which is quite possible considering I didn't show you an elaborate example), or I should recommend an elementary mathematics course, which will be damn handy on more than several occasions in your life.
    Last edited by mmocc0a31611b9; 2013-10-15 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Everything is going to be read in smaller numbers, but its still technically doing the same amount of damage.
    That would actually be the megadamage solution. Relative power will shift among levels if they implement like they said.

I believe HP is capped at 2.1 billion and change. At this point the numbers are so out of hand that developers are having to get creative with boss health mechanics to work around it. It is glaringly obvious on the Imerseus, Nourshen, Nazgrim, and Gorrosh encounters in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    while your poll options were pretty biased, i sort of agree with you. it feels fucking badass having over 1 million hp on my dk as blood or seeing oblit crit for over 550k. gonna be really depressing next epac doing wrath numbers again or whatever they settle on

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I personally don't want a Stat squish. No idea why people say "Oh it is needed!" etc, it is just numbers. The bosses don't get more difficult, as they are balanced accordingly. The only thing that gets hit is older bosses from older content, which let's be honest, are not relevant anymore to anything but a small section of the player base who enjoy soloing/retro raids. They aren't cutting edge, so no real need to go back and tune them.

If they do it, won't bother me, if they don't? Again, I couldn't be bothered. As I said, it is just numbers nothing "core" is altered. People are ranting/raving over something that is really quite irrelevant, typical of many of the WoW "community" to be honest.
    How easily can you tell the difference between 800000000 and 8000000000? There's a point when the numbers get so big that they don't really mean anything anymore. It's just bignumber1 vs bignumber2.

The "MegaDamage" thing never made sense to me. It seems like the numbers would either have to be rounded or they'd constantly switch forms. ie Tommy has 250k health. Gets hit for 57856 and now he's at 192144. Would it display 192k or 192144? If the former, then how would you tell exactly how much health anyone has?
    Last edited by rayden54; 2013-10-15 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    while your poll options were pretty biased, i sort of agree with you. it feels fucking badass having over 1 million hp on my dk as blood or seeing oblit crit for over 550k. gonna be really depressing next epac doing wrath numbers again or whatever they settle on
    This, I know relatively I'll still be killing quest mobs in ~5-10 seconds, but its still depressing (for lack of a better word) to be doing just less damage.