Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I'm Ready For 5 man Raids

It's as the title says: I'm ready for 5m raids.

I'm not trying to troll you or joke or link this back to LFR or Flex or anything like that. It's simple. I want to play at a high level (not LFR or Flex or even normal mode). I want to play Heroic raid level. But I don't want to deal with having to find a group or 9 or 24 other people to match times or personalities with.

Before you say "do a dungeon," I want an actual long challenge that rewards gear appropriate to the difficulty. Not that they even make dungeons anymore.

"Go do challenge mode." I don't want to rerun and perfect content to minimize the time I clear a place for gear that is purely aesthetics, I want to spend time progressing on bosses.

"No this will kill 25m (and 10m)." Nah, make the ilevel of 5m mode less and no thunderforged or give it some tacky color and no achievements or mounts or anything. Just do something so it'll be recognized as the inferior mode.

"No then it'll be too easy for 25m to gear their alts and 10m groups will break up and people will just abuse the small/easy logistics of it." Flex already killed "normal" progression so what's it matter? And make it share the same lockout, or do something like "if you kill a boss in 5m then you can't kill anything in 25m heroic" or something with lockouts.

So what do you guys say? Let's move toward the future. We'll all be able to raid with our cliques with no problems on challenging content.

And I'm not proposing 5m LFR or Flex or normal, just heroic level raids, so it's not too taxing on the community. RAIDS, not dungeons. It's not supposed to be cleared in an hour.

So you want early Cata type heroics? With tough bosses, interesting mechanics, long dungeons, and gear that was awesome at the time and appropriate, because it was rare to complete those through LFD? I'm all for it.

One per tier, 6 bosses, epic loot. I don't want the raid quality to diminish, so I'm fine with re-using the raid skins and environments.

Hell, they could even re-use the raid mechanics and scale them differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want 5 man raids personally, I don't think it make sense, where's the feeling of acomplishment with a group of people in a very small group? My current friends that I raid with wouldn't fit into a 5 man.

5m raid isn't a raid, it's a dungeon.

Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Next.
    And this post isn't a post, it's just a lame definition you pulled out of your hat.

Next.

I'm sorry I forgot to address a point.

"What about classes/compositions that are too favorable?" Blizzard will have to balance around that and it shouldn't be too impossible to defeat the content (although there should be a strong challenge).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I loved Cata Heriocs, until people whined & got them nerfed

Sure lets make 5 man raids

oh wait i have 3 melee dps never mind can't do 5 man raids

no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    And this post isn't a post, it's just a lame definition you pulled out of your hat.

Next.
    no im pretty sure its a correct definition pulled out of the game, please explain how it wouldn't be a dungeon.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    No. 5 man raids would just be lame. 10 is a small enough number.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    One per tier, 6 bosses, epic loot. I don't want the raid quality to diminish, so I'm fine with re-using the raid skins and environments.

Hell, they could even re-use the raid mechanics and scale them differently.
    Same models, same environments, same mechanics. So you just want old raids scaled for five players?

doesn't sound much fun to me

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    no im pretty sure its a correct definition pulled out of the game, please explain how it wouldn't be a dungeon.
    5 people grouped together constituted a party last time I checked. No one said you had to put them into a dungeon.

And as for the sense of accomplishment, that's a personal feeling and no one says you have to feel accomplished, this mode is not directed for you if you can fit into a 10m. For those who can't this is a great alternative.

I would love hard 5-mans that i could run with my friends. Only problem i see with this is group composition, where some comps might be vastly overpowered. They could address this by changing mechanics depending on how many melee/ranged you brought, and what type of healer/tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
    5 people grouped together constituted a party last time I checked. No one said you had to put them into a dungeon.

And as for the sense of accomplishment, that's a personal feeling and no one says you have to feel accomplished, this mode is not directed for you if you can fit into a 10m. For those who can't this is a great alternative.
    lfr and flex are good alternatives to raiding, they dont require you to have 10/25 people. if you have 5 people you can easily pug 5 more for flex or join lfr as a group.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're missing the point of an MMO...MASSIVELY Multi-player Online. The only thing that comes to mind is Dungeons and Dragons Online (which is a horrific game by most standards).

I, too, am ready for the return of Cata-style heroics. Challenge mode is not an adequate replacement. Heroic scenarios aren't either. If they can scale 3 versions of each raid, why can't they have another tier of 5-mans?

i like the idea. sounds like it could be really fun and i like working in tight-knit groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a raid... that is a party.

2-5 = party

6-40 = raid.

Even 25 is to small for flex and LFR. Both should be able to be 40man. 2 tanks, 10 healers and 28 dps and you have fixed the problem with lack of tanks for LFR.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-10-15 at 11:58 PM.
    Aye mate

I think the question should be Why don't you just do 10 or 25 man raids, or do flex? Why do you need the developers to invest a ton of time for a feature that isn't needed?

Raids are content traditionally for larger groups. I'm not sure why the need to create it for 5 mans when they already created it for 10 mans to accommodate smaller guilds.