Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The definition of a "leak" has changed substantially since TBC, PTR is more prolific, people are more savvy and the speed at which data can be extracted has drastically improved.

The same "leaks" happen these days, but now we just call them "PTR Changes".

Off topic:

Am I the only one to find this very ironic?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The definition of a "leak" has changed substantially since TBC, PTR is more prolific, people are more savvy and the speed at which data can be extracted has drastically improved.

Off topic:

I find it funny. It's like he doesn't understand what he says himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Isn't anything to leak, are you serious? The entire next expansion is something that could be leaked, yet not even the name has shown up yet. As I said in my previous post, even the name of Mists of Pandaria was unveiled prior to the last Blizzcon, yet this time around we don't even have that. We usually had lots of information of what was going to happen prior to Blizzards announcements, right now we don't know anything that Blizzard isn't telling us.
    A lot has changed since then, just look at Hearthstone, was there any hint of that before it turned up?

Plus if you know someone's going to data mine the data you put out and you want things to be a bit more hidden you really know how to stop that kind of leak.

You know the easy way to know if there is some kind of cover up at MMO Champ, other sites would have information they don't.

Are there any sites with anything decent and revealing about the next expansion? Not that I've seen (although to be fair I'm not really digging) so either all the sites are covering it up (which is starting to get into foil hat country) or there's just nothing yet and they're doing a much better job than usual of keeping this thing locked up until the con.

Don't forget, also, that MMO-C got slapped with a C&D order back during...can't remember if it was WotLK or Cata beta for posting beta info before the NDA dropped.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Blizzard does have a tight leash on this site now, they even said at one point that they will only leak important stuff if another site leakes it first.

The more you grow, the less you can get away with leaks. And MMO-C has pretty much become the go to place for WoW. This place isn't about leaks, it's about the community that it holds together.

Deleted

heres a leak.... i guess its old but the new xpack will be Rise of the Legion.

I agree. This site used to be so full of interesting and new staff almost every day.I was coming here and always there was something new on front page.
    Now weeks pass without anything changing,no news,no leaks or whatever,nada.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    I agree. This site used to be so full of interesting and new staff almost every day.I was coming here and always there was something new on front page.
    Now weeks pass without anything changing,no news,no leaks or whatever,nada.

but mmo-cs "leaks" were usually just copied from other website, and these days blizzard keeps a tighter wrap on things. i wotlk the worgen / goblin haloween masks were datamined, they aren't so sloppy as to put next expansion stuff in the game files these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post

Off topic:

Careful for pointing that out it could be perceived as discussion of the almighty infraction *spooky face*

There's not an established sarcasm font for my disgust, so bold ital and underline will have to do.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Careful for pointing that out it could be perceived as discussion of the almighty infraction *spooky face*

There's not an established sarcasm font for my disgust, so bold ital and underline will have to do.
    You aren't supposed to say the word, FLY YOU FOOL!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    A lot has changed since then, just look at Hearthstone, was there any hint of that before it turned up?
    Heartstone got leaked 3-4 years ago?

Boubouille already said that there isn't any major change to the leaking patterns besides what people interpret as leaks.

So please lets not go around trying to conclude a premise with false information. <3 Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    but mmo-cs "leaks" were usually just copied from other website, and these days blizzard keeps a tighter wrap on things. i wotlk the worgen / goblin haloween masks were datamined, they aren't so sloppy as to put next expansion stuff in the game files these days.
    Yes, and MMO champ copying any such info used to mean fans can rely on it. When was the last time you saw MMO champ report anything that was not spoon-fed by blizz?

Pretty much.

I'm quite sure people behind MMOC know what the next expansion is, but they won't tell us because blizzard would take legal action and not invite them media events or similar things.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizz can't stop them from leaking.

But Blizz can figure out who was doing the leaking and fire them.
    Or did Blizz just covertly made MMO Champ a subsidiary so that we get only the info what they want us to get. Would not be the first time a company bought out another under an assumed named to protect its assets.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-10-16 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    I think the fact they gave Method the world first achievement for a world 2nd kill shows exactly who / what pulls the strings around here (hint: money).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Maybe Blizzard is just better about leaks now?
    yes they are.....
    Before there are always leaks, might as well just release the info ourselves.

To me a reason for leaks decline is an increase of first hand info through Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think the fact they gave Method the world first achievement for a world 2nd kill shows exactly who / what pulls the strings around here (hint: money).
    Elaborate please?
    I'd like to know what MMO-C has to do with the World first race?
    I'd like to know how Method got what they didn't achieve?

I hope you don't want to bring the Asians into the equation..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard does have a tight leash on this site now, they even said at one point that they will only leak important stuff if another site leakes it first.
    What's stopping MMO-C going to another site, leaking the info to them, then posting it a few hours later themselves? Assuming MMO-C is in a unique position with this leaky knowledge.

Leaks&
    Leaks&
    Leaks&
    Leeks.

Reading and saying leak now is weird
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Don't forget, also, that MMO-C got slapped with a C&D order back during...can't remember if it was WotLK or Cata beta for posting beta info before the NDA dropped.
    That was indeed when the Cataclysm beta started up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No. It wasn't a fake. It was shown that anyone could file. And that's true. But the European trademark of the dark below is in it's advanced stages. So the Dark Below is something. And Chilton tried to deny MoP also.

Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    He tried to AVOID the speculation, he never said "MoP is not an expansion"

Also, how is MMO-C supposed to leak something if blizzard doesn't leak anything? By guessing? Or maybe having NSA hack blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!