Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    that's ok, you can keep your drafty, cold, Damp, mud huts and campfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    just for the sake of discussion; wasn't most forsaken elves? the human forasken are something we started with recently.
    or am i completely off mark here?
    As far as I know, that "fact" is a byproduct of a couple people from this forum. The vast majority of Lordaeron's population was Human and most of them died to the Scourge. Unless the High Elves had a population that was larger than the nearby Humans, it's not really likely.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    why would anyone want to play human on horde side when they can be an orc....this is a cosmic far off thought you have there.

how do you cure decay and rot?

sorry josé, but no deal.
    you invent it, pretty much like you invented how people became undead anyway. - Metzen thought it was a cool idea to have in a story to generate the 3rd installment of the Warcraft 3 series, but remember it's fantasy, it's all made up

how do you get undead in the first place? so "how do you cure decay and rot" in a world of magic make belief is hardly a stumbling block. You can write a good story about that, and I have several ideas there, but I don't want that to be the focus, what I would like is to kknow how you feel about it, again you must stop thinking of it as "oh alliance humans " on the horde, it's one of the reasons I was drawn to using the forsaken as the source of the humans route, - giving at least a clear and strong dissociation with the alliance every existing play can relate to

Deleted
    hoomans should have been horde from the start I reckon.... and we (horde) should've had dark iron dwarves instead of shitty vendor trash goblins ;p

Deleted
    Would I want to play a generic uninteresting human in a fantasy MMO?

No thanks, that's why I play a cow. For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    why would anyone want to play human on horde side when they can be an orc....this is a cosmic far off thought you have there.
    that's what I'd like you to tell me in a sense, but I'm asking you think about the possiblity, and how it makes you feel, and examine why you feel that way/

I've got a ton of good reasons, why I ffeel it would be a popular choice, certainly with new players, and old players will dig it, if you had a non-alliance source of hte humans, also reaons i feel it could be really good for the franchise, I write extensively on this in one of the topics Rumaya2000 linked. you may find it an interesting read, but it's a long read.
    Check out the Post 1 and post 28 of:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-tides/page2

for more, but in this topic, I'm just interested in your thoughts more than mine

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought Vrykul would be a badass way to give the horde 'humans' since they look much more dark/powerful. And they tend to be much bigger than alliance people as well. I'd roll a female warrior Vrykul in a heartbeat!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I want my Horde to have is better postures to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    As far as I know, that "fact" is a byproduct of a couple people from this forum. The vast majority of Lordaeron's population was Human and most of them died to the Scourge. Unless the High Elves had a population that was larger than the nearby Humans, it's not really likely.
    Hmm, going to read up on this, thanks.

and to curing rot & decay, i can't imagine any way to cure it, Regrowing dead tissue is not a simple task, heck even ingame we're forced to put down beasts because of this... maybe everyone will get mechano-limbs! :O
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Would I want to play a generic uninteresting human in a fantasy MMO?

No thanks, that's why I play a cow. For the Horde!
    I feel the same way largely, but I didn't always feel that way, when I first started playing these games, I was always human, because that's what I identify with, after a while, getting to know the story and into it, I started trying other races. Ellves were easy cos they were usually quite attractive models and looked very human like, but hte ohters took a while.

Most people play humans for that reason, besides normally the attraction of a role-playing game, and most video games is to see YOU yourself as the hero. This does leave any side without humans at a disadvantage in games you have to choose sides on. It shows in wow - sure I know some people hate themselves, so they'd role a character of a different appearnace or race to themselves, but your personal feeling about humanity aside, how would you feel about them being playable on the horde, and a part of the horde. Please don't think of Alliance, these are NOT alliance humans, they may be humans, but they have nothing, want nothing with the alliance, even hate them (again the reason I felt making forsaken the source of the humans necessary - they are the only group that ensures living humans would want and have nothing to do with the current alliance)

- - - Updated - - -

just for the sake of discussion; wasn't most forsaken elves? the human forasken are something we started with recently.
    or am i completely off mark here?
    you play an undead human, not an undead elf, biggest indicator, the forsaken elves are existence, but they're very few, and form part of an elite guard for sylvannas, they're called Darkfallen. I think they'd make an excellent racial faction of the forsaken I have started to also hope they eventually make playable. I've been toying with the idea of 3 racial factions of undead, the undead humans, the undead elves and the living humans (which were restored undead). Most races have a number of factions within them, it's one of the most exciting things about warcraft, and why I don't mind that very little about it is original- it's how they use the stuff they take from pop-fiction. the different races always have something interesting going on, they're never boring. Sure at the moment you can only play as the most prominent faction of each of the races, and I know my roomate Mace has been going wild with the idea of making some of the other factions of each race actually playable as a unique identity in a racial group structre,

but it's okay to desire something or see an opportunity that you feel would be good, and that you like and to talk about it. Here I find the idea of humans playable on the horde, both intriguing and engaging, but that may just be me and a handful of others, just curious to see the thoughts of how you'd feel. I've had longer to sit on the idea, which is why I may be a bit more open to it, I only ask that you consider and share your thoughts. that's what we're here for right?

Deleted
    To be honest lorewise it would make sense is the Defias and those who think Stormwind can't take care and doesn't want to take care of its own people would go to the other faction, the Horde. And I believe Vol'jin would welcome them.
    Also, I think it would be nice to have humans on the Horde from a gameplay standpoint as well, for the balance problems between factions are always because of humans, people play humans because they like boring and uninspired races. So to solve the balance problem, both factions must have humans.

And if the Alliance needs to get a Horde race in return, I'd vote for tauren, since, in the end, a faction of them is already tehnically aligned with the Alliance. That said, the Frostwolves could also join the Alliance if Sylvannas attacks them and the Horde doesn't help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    To be honest lorewise it would make sense is the Defias and those who think Stormwind can't take care and doesn't want to take care of its own people would go to the other faction, the Horde. And I believe Vol'jin would welcome them.
    Also, I think it would be nice to have humans on the Horde from a gameplay standpoint as well, for the balance problems between factions are always because of humans, people play humans because they like boring and uninspired races. So to solve the balance problem, both factions must have humans.

And if the Alliance needs to get a Horde race in return, I'd vote for tauren, since, in the end, a faction of them is already tehnically aligned with the Alliance. That said, the Frostwolves could also join the Alliance if Sylvannas attacks them and the Horde doesn't help them.
    You mean they'd join the people who are the reason Stormwind is incapable of helping them? Also, where would they live?
    And I feel Blood Elves are a better candidate for a Horde race to join the Alliance, while we're on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You mean they'd join the people who are the reason Stormwind is incapable of helping them? Also, where would they live?
    And I feel Blood Elves are a better candidate for a Horde race to join the Alliance, while we're on that topic.
    but that is almost a contradiction, because the same reason you are saying the defias brotherhood won't join the horde, didn't matter to the blood elves. The blood elves joined the group that nearly burned their entire homeland to the ground in WC2,

I am cruious to see how you feel or why you feel blood elves are a better candidate to switch factions than the defias brotherhood - I can't see a convincing reason based on current lore that they would (maybe I'm missing something), nor can I think of a compelling reason to invent the transition. Bear in mind, they were already on teh alliance before, they left the alliance, joined the horde by making kililng alliance members their sport. It would take a warcract 3 like event or cataclysm like event to with some really good story writing to turn those tables and I can't see source, and bear in mind high elves are already on the alliance filling the elf role, they are the same race, but different factions - don't think high elves would appreciate blood elves "returning to the fold" and the alliance humans have never really been a trusting bunch

I would certainly like that because that would automatically mean end of stupid racial limitations over faction played, and I could finally play my Undead warlock with my fellow Alliance friends.

dont care. just want to play with more friends who play opposite side

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know it sounds really way out there, but before you write the first thing that comes to your mind, STOP a sec, actually think about it and imagine.

this will help, don't think that these are alliance humans joining the horde. Think of this as humans being playable on the horde. I know this isn't easy to think of it like this, but try.

Let me know how you feel about this, why you feel the way that you feel - before you attack the notion of the idea.

It will hlep if you think of the forsaken being the source of the humans. In my version, some of the undead human forsaken somehow get cured, not all of them. It also helps to remember that they really do hate the alliance, so they're loyal to the horde, but also to bear in mind, hating the alliance doesn't mean they're evil, and it's quite possible to write good roles for them, a story of redemption, loyally forsaken, but different because of this transformation.

How will you feel about playing this kind of human on the horde, how do you feel it will affect the game? This is not a proposal topic, it's an exploration one, imagine what if. There are reasons i will share later I do think this will benefit the video game, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Why would they hate the Alliance? Now that they're cured (unless it was done against their will) wouldn't they be more inclined to join the Argents since they'd probably not know if they'd be welcome back after everything THEY did, and the fact that the UC is probably not suitable for them?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    How exactly can you "cure" being undead ?

that's stupid. the original warcraft was all about humans vs orcs. there's no way humans would join them. frankly having the forsaken on their side is stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    that's stupid. the original warcraft was all about humans vs orcs. there's no way humans would join them. frankly having the forsaken on their side is stretching it.
    I think the stretching boat sailed a very long time ago - night elves and an entire continent hidden for 10,000 years, Tauren, blood elves in the horde, night elves doing magic and accepting highbourne, night elves coming from trolls, worgen, then worgen being cursed humans, then mysterious stabilising cure? - the list goes on..- scrub that, most of wow is "stretched" to begin with but who's counting? wow's a huge success, and humans were allied to the horde in warcrat 2, the Alterac nation, didn't change anything about the human v orc conflict.

don't let the out of the box notion of this idea distract you from the point at hand. How would you feel about humans playable on the horde? you don't have to be the one to select them, not everyone rolled a blood elf afterall, but you'd be playing with them, they'd have a part in the story of the horde and the forsaken (if we go the forsaken route)