Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    well there simply comes a point where the officers need to ask themselves if such a person is beneficial to the guild, in this case its quite obvious that he isnt worth it as he's hurting the guild more than he is helping it. if he complains bcoz he is asked to tank, then he shouldnt make the tanks leaves.

You're examples make no sense. He calls people out for being crappy, they don't have a thick skin or aren't used to being told they are bad, and they leave?

Your 'specific' examples is what most people do in this game...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    if he is god of dps i would kick him if he is a douche
    When i was an officer in TBC i would kick someone who was a dick for no reason even if he was the top dps or healer. There is a difference between being a dick all the time, being a troll etc and actually being the guy that says, "hey, fuck ass, don't do that shit."

Two different people: the idiot troll that thinks hes better then everyone, and the guy that polices the stupidity constructively. The latter case being that your raiders and recruits need to grow a thicker skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    Give the guild master an ultimatum: he leaves or you do.
    Not always a great idea if the GM calls the bluff lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Plot Twist: Veteran raider is actually most solid player on the team and you're the dead weight dragging the team down. Feelings are hurt and now you're looking for justification to leave because someone isn't "super nice."

If he's saying things like, "Hey would you mind sitting out this fight?" or "I won't be explaining this again you need to watch a video." then he actually sounds like the raid leader and is doing his job properly. Giving a 5 minute explanation before each boss fight each and every night is draining and a complete waste of time. I say the exact same thing to my raiders; if a fight calls for a specific comp make up I'll ask someone to sit or if it is clear that someone is failing a farm boss mechanic repeatedly then I'll tell them they really need to go back and watch a video.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    You're examples make no sense. He calls people out for being crappy, they don't have a thick skin or aren't used to being told they are bad, and they leave?

Your 'specific' examples is what most people do in this game...lol

- - - Updated - - -

When i was an officer in TBC i would kick someone who was a dick for no reason even if he was the top dps or healer. There is a difference between being a dick all the time, being a troll etc and actually being the guy that says, "hey, fuck ass, don't do that shit."

Two different people: the idiot troll that thinks hes better then everyone, and the guy that polices the stupidity constructively. The latter case being that your raiders and recruits need to grow a thicker skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Not always a great idea if the GM calls the bluff lol.
    You think saying "hey fuck ass, don't do that" is being constructive? There's a line between telling someone to "grow a thick skin", and just treating people like shit. It's pretty fine to be like that with people who are your friends or know you well, but to be that way with new people or what have you? I don't see how that's entirely defendable, and something that's to be admired. But hey! This is WoW! Being mean to people is seemingly acceptable by some people, and people just need to "grow a thick skin" and "deal with it".

explain to the GM the issues and sit down and talk to the guy if kicking him out is not an option. If the GM and this guy are so unreasonable as that wont help then you should leave. Someone that toxic is either planning a coup or is just not worth playing with. We had someone sort of doing the same thing back in mid ICC except only with healers.. she was staging a coup and it nearly destroyed us.. BUT they didnt last long and our guild although not raiding normal now(mostly because most of us quit in cata) still exists and remains solid. We would be raiding normal+ now if wow was better and life didnt create raid time issues for a lot of us(jobs, pregnancies, school, ect).

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of him or watch your guild fall to bits around him.... your choice....

10+ Year Old Account
    And he's still in the guild because....?

10+ Year Old Account
    If kicking him is not possible find another way to solve the problem, if you cant then its time to move on and find a new guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    In total, we have gone through five tanks, 3-4dps, and over 10 healers, all because they can't stand this guy.
    Seriously? you even have to ask? if this guy is the reason why so many people have left.. kick his fucking ass out of the guild, there should be no thinking about it, just do it...
    I don't know your guild, but before my old guild went inactive and died, if anyone were unable to behave and caused any kind of problem on the server that could reflect badly on us, or if someone were a problem for the guild, they got kicked out.. simple as that. I am here to have fun with raiding, not finding new members 24/7, and I guess that is not what you find fun either, so kick his ass.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

You have to let this guy know that he is as valuable as others and that as a normal player he is expected to do his job and let officers/raid leader do the talking in raid. Basically, he needs to shut up.

I had a problem similar but my guy is an awesome players that turned douch when things irl were not good. As a raid leader you need to step in, quick.

If things do not improve, you basically need to tell him what is expected, then you will have to tell him what the outcome will be and make sure you follow through.