Deleted
    Yeah, probably getting a gtx 690 once the price drops some more, should be good enough for a few years, even with the hardware requirement jumps because of the new gen consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Yeah, probably getting a gtx 690 once the price drops some more, should be good enough for a few years, even with the hardware requirement jumps because of the new gen consoles.
    Ulness you're doing triple displays/surround like I have, it's probably overkill to get a 690. 780 would be perfect, or whatever AMD variety people are likely to suggest.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiromar View Post
    But sorry to say that this isn't EVE where everyone can be flying around piloting ships the size of space stations. These larger ships are going to take some time and coordination to acquire, as well as lots of money to maintain them.
    I think you are severely mistaken on your assumptions of what EVE is like.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Mostly been looking at GT/X 680 or 690 honestly, haven't really looked much at the AMD cards yet since I probably won't need the upgrade until The Witcher 3 comes out, the joy of being a college student and having a tight fund. >.>

On topic: 25% away from reaching $23 million raised, the amount of money raised the last 2 weeks or so has been crazy, curious to see what kind of a jump the dog fighting module will create once it comes out.

Also have to admire them for releasing their game like this in these small modules, it was a great idea and it allows them to let their game do the talking for them when it comes to publicity.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-10-16 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Well to be fair it takes about a week to get into something like a well fitted Drake, which is about 6x the size of most of the ships in SC Even on paper the earliest of EVE frigates are monsters compared to the single seaters in SC heh.

But yeah, people making too many assumptions as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Mostly been looking at GT/X 680 or 690 honestly, haven't really looked much at the AMD cards yet since I probably won't need the upgrade until The Witcher 3 comes out, the joy of being a college student and having a tight fund. >.>
    Do a GTX 770 then, it should outperform the 680 for about the same price point these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Do a GTX 770 then, it should outperform the 680 for about the same price point these days.
    Aight, thanks, I'l put it on my list, good thing I'm not in any hurry, plenty of time until I'm gonna actually need it, with hopefully a few price drops. :P

Rereading what I wrote it doesn't come off the way I wanted it honestly. I've watched videos of hundreds of people flying around in these massive ships (the ones much larger than the ones in SC are the ones I'm talking about, not specifically everyone flying a Titan) and it's not going to be like that in SC. I know it can take quite a while to obtain these ships in EVE, however there isn't really a limited amount of said extremely large ships as there will be in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiromar View Post
    Rereading what I wrote it doesn't come off the way I wanted it honestly. I've watched videos of hundreds of people flying around in these massive ships (the ones much larger than the ones in SC are the ones I'm talking about, not specifically everyone flying a Titan) and it's not going to be like that in SC. I know it can take quite a while to obtain these ships in EVE, however there isn't really a limited amount of said extremely large ships as there will be in SC.
    It takes a year plus of dedicated Skill training to sit in a titan, Another 6 months to do it well. And in the begining there wernt alot of them but they have had some 7 years to build up numbers. Ill put money it will end up exactly like that in SC. I doubt there will be a universal hardcap on how many can be built. Oh and it takes some 3 months to build the hull for the titan. For a Space game like SC to have only such small ships is a joke, cus even eves ship sizes are pretty small compared to alot of other scifi universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It takes a year plus of dedicated Skill training to sit in a titan, Another 6 months to do it well. And in the begining there wernt alot of them but they have had some 7 years to build up numbers. Ill put money it will end up exactly like that in SC. I doubt there will be a universal hardcap on how many can be built. Oh and it takes some 3 months to build the hull for the titan. For a Space game like SC to have only such small ships is a joke, cus even eves ship sizes are pretty small compared to alot of other scifi universes.
    So go play EVE? I mean really. What's the argument here...that one game isn't the same as another? Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    So go play EVE? I mean really. What's the argument here...that one game isn't the same as another? Shocker.
    That the lack of ships larger than a communications satellite is appalling.

Its also funny how you guys think the payforships thing is gona stop once the slots fill up, Ill put money that when the game is launched a pay2win shop will open, I mean wouldnt you do the same if you saw you fundraised 23million by promising people special ships or perks for the hundreds of dollars they payed. I just see this game burning alot of people.

That the lack of ships larger than a communications satellite is appalling.

Its also funny how you guys think the payforships thing is gona stop once the slots fill up, Ill put money that when the game is launched a pay2win shop will open, I mean wouldnt you do the same if you saw you fundraised 23million by promising people special ships or perks for the hundreds of dollars they payed. I just see this game burning alot of people.
    You make a lot of assumptions...

where does ship size matter either? It's an MMOSpreadSheet with ship avatars versus MMO Space Sim. But in that vein...The ones previewed so far are just the first lot, there's 6 more classes of ships not even released yet. The largest of the ones we know about is the Bengal, which is ~1000m in length. That's Abbadon size...and you pilot it, and crew it, with 750 other people or NPCs and fly that shitbat around space.

So again, go play EVE if you don't like the idea of SC. Nobody's forcing you.

Deleted
    size of the ships is not that important, and then you know what they say about people with too big ships...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not interested in flying big ships. I like smaller ships, its part of what I loved about the Wing Commander games. If Chris can deliver an experience that combines Wing Commander's I-III and the first Privateer? I'll gladly give them some money, after launch and after we can see what the total package is like.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

With the $23 million dollar funding goal passed today the full game is officially funded. Chris Roberts announced the $25 million dollar stretch goal.

Enhanced Alpha – We will use additional funding to build a wider alpha test than we had originally intended for the first phase of Star Citizen’s launch. The initial plan was to first launch servers in North America and then expand to areas such as Europe and Australia to decrease latency in these areas, perfecting the game as we improve the experience around the world. This funding will allow us to invest in a wider infrastructure for our early testing, spinning up remote servers earlier. Hitting this goal will also allow us to increase the number of remaining alpha slots. Extra alpha slots not only means more Star Citizens will travel the ‘verse at launch, but that we will receive more feedback and more stress testing. This in turn will allow us to better balance and enhance the Star Citizen experience!

Ahahah this will keep going and going and going as long as people keep donating. He will keep going for more money.

Deleted
    Ahahah this will keep going and going and going as long as people keep donating. He will keep going for more money.
    Eh, the $24 mill goal is supposed to be done after the release, and this $25 mill one is just more infrastructure for a bigger alpha/beta test, which won't cause any delays or such for the release. As long as the new stretch goals won't cause delays with the release, that's fine.

If it results in a better product in the end, why not. Why do you even care anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people just like to play devil's advocate.

I'm in the boat of "stop promising more" and instead "start hiring more"
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Some people just like to play devil's advocate.

I'm in the boat of "stop promising more" and instead "start hiring more"
    This isn't being devil's advocate though. There is no point to be made here...or if there is, he's doing a pretty poor job of it.

It's simple...don't like the idea, don't play it, don't buy into it. Don't sit there insulting the people who do. Don't sit there trying to compare two completely different games. It's childish bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    This isn't being devil's advocate though. There is no point to be made here...or if there is, he's doing a pretty poor job of it.

It's simple...don't like the idea, don't play it, don't buy into it. Don't sit there insulting the people who do. Don't sit there trying to compare two completely different games. It's childish bullshit.
    yeah, and don't get mad because someone doesn't like it the same as you do.