Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solution: Do flex imo
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

At this point, aren't players willing to try anything to improve the current LFR queues?

Negatives:
    Might see a bunch of unskilled new tanks/healers in LFR for a bit. This would require patience while that they learn and hopefully get better.

Positives:
    Faster queue times for all involved.

A few notes. Yes, this would cause those players to gear up faster, but that is still RNG. I say make it a Flex ilvl item. I only do Flex on my tanks, and I run it for Flex ilvl items. I gauratee that if I had another chance for a Flex item, I would run LFR again. It's all about wants/needs. I don't want or need 528 gear, nor the flasks/gold I mainly get from the goodie bag. I DO want Runestones, so guess what?...I run ToT LFR 3 and 4 every week.

Honestly, tanks would gear up slightly faster, but there's almost ALWAYS loot that we can't get to drop. Having another option to get that loot means many of us will try. I really see a stronger positive side to this.

We had a very similar thread to this yesterday, and this was my suggestion:

When queuing for LFR, players should be able to select an "I'm not here for loot" option, which would have a bunch of sub-categories. Selecting this option would allow you, once per week per LFR wing, to gain reputation, gold, bonus valor, consumables, or other assorted benefits that you could select before queuing.

This option would, of course, have a minimum ilvl requirement set at the level of gear from that LFR wing (502 for ToT LFR, 528 for SoO LFR). This is similar to the bonus reputation given to players who run heroics and scenarios today... and I think most people will agree that LFR could use as many carriers as possible. Oh, and put in some AFK prevention and minimum effectiveness requirements, too.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Solution: My pally tank is 88 and rising, queue times will be much lower next week or so :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    100% chance at loot every run? With a fair chance that it is gear higher than LFR.
    Have you seen all the threads in MoP complaining about not getting any loot in LFR after several runs?
    So?

Suddenly everyone will want to tank.

Then there will be instant DPS queues, and tanks will have 30 min queues like they used to, and tanks won't be in demand, and won't be getting free gear.

Then not as many tanks will queue, and everyone will be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Solution: My pally tank is 88 and rising, queue times will be much lower next week or so :P
    Be the change you want to see, et cetera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    We had a very similar thread to this yesterday, and this was my suggestion:

When queuing for LFR, players should be able to select an "I'm not here for loot" option, which would have a bunch of sub-categories. Selecting this option would allow you, once per week per LFR wing, to gain reputation, gold, bonus valor, consumables, or other assorted benefits that you could select before queuing.

This option would, of course, have a minimum ilvl requirement set at the level of gear from that LFR wing (502 for ToT LFR, 528 for SoO LFR). This is similar to the bonus reputation given to players who run heroics and scenarios today... and I think most people will agree that LFR could use as many carriers as possible. Oh, and put in some AFK prevention and minimum effectiveness requirements, too.
    LOL @ the idea that someone in 528 gear would queue to TANK LFR.

You don't need better than the minimum gear to perform any role in LFR adequately. People have a distorted view of what "good enough" is and certainly tend to ignore the actual design average DPS/etc of the instance.

The only reason I have to do LFR is for the Black Prince quest items, which is a real bane!! Im getting so frustrated w/ this game I'm finding it hard to log in and giving some serious thought to just canceling. Time to go back to Rift for a while, or enjoy some of my other games.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It'll also end up encouraging tanks/healers to believe they are more important than DPS so deserve more.
    Old Gods forbid they believe what's true.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas the Priest View Post
    Old Gods forbid they believe what's true.
    They aren't "more important." They are "too rare." That makes it important to have more of them.

There's a difference between being "important" and "serving an important role."

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    * Me waiting 45 min just to get to the last boss, and a 60 minute wait to get back to the first 3

vs

* Me getting 0-5 minute queue pops and some random tank gets 2 pieces of free gear

Well, it wasn't hard for me to decide which one I liked better.
    Fail, it might be so for the first 2 weeks of a new patch/lfr, after that you'll almost NEVER see a tank, even rarer than nowadays, because tanks will gear up faster and as soon as they are done gearing up, they stop queueing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    great for full servers not so great for servers that rarely run flex.
    well you can run flex cross realm OR blizz should just admit they messed up and removed like 75% of the servers and merge a bunch of low pop realms.

In times of ridiculous tank and/or healer shortage, how about instead of the goodie bag you get, when the instance is complete:

* 1 guaranteed piece of gear appropriate to your selected loot spec, chosen randomly from the bosses in the wing
    * 25% chance it will be flex
    * 10% chance it will be normal
    Then your "in demand" roles gear up twice as fast and are gone in half the time.

LOL @ the idea that someone in 528 gear would queue to TANK LFR.

You don't need better than the minimum gear to perform any role in LFR adequately. People have a distorted view of what "good enough" is and certainly tend to ignore the actual design average DPS/etc of the instance.
    What, you don't think people would queue for LFR if it provided bonuses besides loot? I can pretty much guarantee that if they started providing a selectable bonus reward for anyone that couldn't use loot from LFR, geared players would start queuing for it again. Need to cap on valor? Make LFR provide a sizeable chunk of valor for geared players. Need to finish your Cloud-Serpent rep? Make LFR provide non-trivial rep gains for geared players.

You can "LOL @ the idea" all you want, but I'd be willing to queue for LFR again if I knew that I could get something out of it besides loot that I can't use. The whole reason I suggested a gear-requirement is so that you wouldn't have ilvl 502-520 in there selecting the "no loot for me" option and dragging the raid down. A person with a 528 average item level, by definition, may not need a single piece of gear from LFR and that's why the limit is set at that number.

Maybe you didn't understand the point. The point is that none of the good players are in LFR anymore because there's nothing in there for them. Obviously no one with a 528+ item level wants to go in there and tank it as it is NOW. 528 gear is worthless when it's not an upgrade. If, however, they start putting rewards in there besides gear, then those 540+ players start queuing again and LFR stops being 2-5 hours of wiping and starts being quick clears with minimal wipes, just like it was in ToT LFR. THAT is the whole point of my suggestion.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-17 at 07:57 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    great for full servers not so great for servers that rarely run flex.
    Connected realms.

You could guarantee me a full set of LFR gear for my 'in demand' role, and I still wont go near that !#@$ing place. If anything, I might be tempted to run ONE while i'm horridly undergeared on an alt... but then I aint coming back... and trust me, you don't want me on an alt... even LFR. =)

it's LFR no-one gets anything better than LFR loot unless they step up and try a harder mode.

sad seeing all these "need more people for faster and smoother LFRs what can we give them" the answer is nothing, if LFR at the moment isn't enough reason to go, then don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's LFR no-one gets anything better than LFR loot unless they step up and try a harder mode.

sad seeing all these "need more people for faster and smoother LFRs what can we give them" the answer is nothing, if LFR at the moment isn't enough reason to go, then don't go.
    The problem with your lack-of-solution is that LFR groups currently have a high rate of failure. Something needs to be done to fix it.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Open raid!!! Seriously though, blizz should implement this into the game on some level. Once you start using it, you don't go back.
    How does it work exactly? I've never used it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The problem with your lack-of-solution is that LFR groups currently have a high rate of failure. Something needs to be done to fix it.
    One fix LFR is to have stiffer penalties for stupid shit. There are people that intentionally troll LFR groups, afk, die so they can wait to get loot, etc. But the only way to fix LFR is make it foolproof. Not give higher ilvl gear, not give mounts and shit. But make it so you can't fail.

Yeah terrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatao View Post
    Plain No,can't you see the obvious reasons that make it unfair for the other classes?
    Life isnt fair. You chose to be a useless dps, you get what you deserved.
    Why should the people taking on that extra responsibility and work get shafted every time?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    How does it work exactly? I've never used it.
    It's basically a big chatroom where people recruit for their runs. If you see a run you want to join, you whisper the person whatever you want them to know and they'll provide you with their battle tag.

There's also the events section, where players can make or select from any number of assorted PvE/PvP events. For instance, I'm currently looking at the events page filtered for ToT runs. I see 1 for tonight, 6 for tomorrow, 9 for Saturday (and more will appear between now and then, for sure). I click on "Nyzx Weekly 25H ToT" and the resulting page shows me the start time, raid leader, ilvl requirements, a description of what the raid is doing and what the leader wants out of the people signing up and reserved items (most raids don't have these, but some do). There's a sign up button for... signing up, a roster button to see who has already signed up and been accepted, a comments page, and other assorted information. Very easy to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post

One fix LFR is to have stiffer penalties for stupid shit. There are people that intentionally troll LFR groups, afk, die so they can wait to get loot, etc. But the only way to fix LFR is make it foolproof. Not give higher ilvl gear, not give mounts and shit. But make it so you can't fail.
    I think that if you rewarded higher ilvl players with bonuses (NOT loot or mounts), you'd get more carriers signing up. I'd probably run LFR every week if it meant I could finish off some of my MoP reps or get lots of bonus valor.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu