Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    We had a very similar thread to this yesterday, and this was my suggestion:

When queuing for LFR, players should be able to select an "I'm not here for loot" option, which would have a bunch of sub-categories. Selecting this option would allow you, once per week per LFR wing, to gain reputation, gold, bonus valor, consumables, or other assorted benefits that you could select before queuing.

This option would, of course, have a minimum ilvl requirement set at the level of gear from that LFR wing (502 for ToT LFR, 528 for SoO LFR). This is similar to the bonus reputation given to players who run heroics and scenarios today... and I think most people will agree that LFR could use as many carriers as possible. Oh, and put in some AFK prevention and minimum effectiveness requirements, too.
    Terrible idea.

Why the FUCK would I endure the inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery that is LFR for any of those things when I can get them on my own, without depending on keyboarddrooling idiots?

10+ Year Old Account
    The bags currently contain nothing of value so they may as well be removed, however I feel adding current tier gear to them would be a but much. So how about a Warforged Seal?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The bags currently contain nothing of value so they may as well be removed, however I feel adding current tier gear to them would be a but much. So how about a Warforged Seal?
    That would be acceptable.

I would also accept a "kick ticket".

10 uses. Allows me to kick whoever the fuck I want, no voting, no 4 hour protections, no other retarded bullshit restrictions. YOu're gone when I say you're gone.
    Cba waiting 15 minutes to kick afkers at the start of the run.

meh, no thanks. Short of giving tanks and healers a thousand gold a run with 0 repair bills, LFR is not and never will be worth bothering with now that flex is here to stay.

Am I the only one that really likes tanking? I don't do any organized raids, even if I play a decent amount, I do not want to have to play during a set period.

I tank LFR, enjoy doing it. I even tank LFDs when I'm VP capped and there is no goodie bag.

Most LFR runs go very smooth as well. In ToT there is the occasional wipe on Lei Shen, but it's been quite a while, everything else dies really fast. And this week I had 1 wipe on Nazgrim, the other bosses in the first 2 wings were one-shotted. Haven't done the underhold this week. I expect quite a few wipes, but in 2 or 3 weeks most stuff will be one-shotted as well...

It's really not as bad as ppl make it out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loutzi View Post
    Am I the only one that really likes tanking? I don't do any organized raids, even if I play a decent amount, I do not want to have to play during a set period.

I tank LFR, enjoy doing it. I even tank LFDs when I'm VP capped and there is no goodie bag.

Most LFR runs go very smooth as well. In ToT there is the occasional wipe on Lei Shen, but it's been quite a while, everything else dies really fast. And this week I had 1 wipe on Nazgrim, the other bosses in the first 2 wings were one-shotted. Haven't done the underhold this week. I expect quite a few wipes, but in 2 or 3 weeks most stuff will be one-shotted as well...

It's really not as bad as ppl make it out to be.
    You're wrong. It is actually that bad.
    Just because you got carried once or twice doesnt mean it isnt true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Life isnt fair. You chose to be a useless dps, you get what you deserved.
    Why should the people taking on that extra responsibility and work get shafted every time?
    Oh my God, that mentality! here's a tip, just because every DPS you've encountered has been God Awful, doesn't make them all useless, also I would encourage you to step into the world of real raiding where going into fights under geared leads to battling soft enrage timers etc.

Also, if you want to play that game, many have said that tanking is ridiculously easy this expansion...

However, OT: No, LFR should NEVER reward gear from Flex/Normal mode, I do not care if the queue times are 24 hours, maybe this will FINALLY send a message to Blizzard about LFR.

(That's not even an elitist mindset, before I get flamed, I've known Casuals who refuse to do LFR)

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible idea.

Why the FUCK would I endure the inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery that is LFR for any of those things when I can get them on my own, without depending on keyboarddrooling idiots?
    That would be acceptable.

I would also accept a "kick ticket".

10 uses. Allows me to kick whoever the fuck I want, no voting, no 4 hour protections, no other retarded bullshit restrictions. YOu're gone when I say you're gone.
    Cba waiting 15 minutes to kick afkers at the start of the run.
    I would also like to inform you that foaming at the mouth and spewing profanity at every turn does not help whatever point you may be trying to make, nor does it award you any "internet cred".

A kick ticket would be a terrible idea, and if you can't think of the ways that it could possibly be abused then you really have no place in this discussion.

You're wrong. It is actually that bad.
    Just because you got carried once or twice doesnt mean it isnt true.
    If so many of your LFR runs are a disaster, perhaps it's time to examine what those runs all have in common.

This just might be the worst idea I've ever heard, but on a lot of levels. One it's probably a bad thing that since healers and tanks don't wanna do LFR, blizz tries to entice them by just giving them gear that is completely undeserving for the difficulty level. Two, people would end up gearing out of LFR faster which would mean even less tanks and healers in the long run. Three, it would just encourage hybrid dps to spec as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If so many of your LFR runs are a disaster, perhaps it's time to examine what those runs all have in common.
    Alot of my LFR runs are the same, yet I'm usually top 3-5 DPS with Tank/Derp saving off-heals and CDs as well as using raid cds when they should be used. Some people are unlucky with their groups and it makes them bitter, I can complete relate to his frustration.

Terrible idea.

Are you really that dense? You do realize that OTHER players that don't need gear would be joining LFR too, right? Tell me, if 10 of the average LFR baddies are replaced by high ilvl players that know the fights, is LFR still hard? No, it's not. It goes from being an "inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery" to a quick run with minimal wipes. Remember ToT LFRs where you have 5 or so people from a guild that know what they're doing? Remember how easy those runs were? I sure do. And that's the whole point.

The reason LFR is so bad right now is because the good players aren't in there anymore. Give them a reason to come back and LFR stops being so terrible. But you're too much of a fucking idiot to understand that YOU aren't going to be the only decent player in there if a change like this is made, so you can't see the benefit. Start thinking beyond yourself, douchebag.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The reason LFR is so bad right now is because the good players aren't in there anymore.
    Why not just see how it does without the good players, I mean, to be honest, LFR never really was intended for them anyway. If it turns out to be a flop, then I guess it will have died a natural death?

Since LFR gear is already inferior to what you can get by grinding solo content (Timeless Isle), just downgrade the difficulty of LFR to a 25 man scenario (completable by any combination of 25 random players, no specific rolls needed) and just replace the various loot with the 496 TI loot tokens and a random chance to drop a Burden of Eternity.

Flex/Normal/Heroic raiders get distinctive tier gear, LFR players get fast queues.