I have around $1300 for a new gaming computer.. Need a ton of help

I know the basics of a computer of course but I do not know really what parts go best with what and that is why I am on here asking you all for major help. I Have around $1300 to spend for a new computer and want the best I can get for it. At the moment I play League of Legends, Final Fantasy:Realm Reborn, Guild Wars 2. Also in the future I will be playing Destiny, Titan, and a ton of other high performance games. I am looking for a custom build that will allow me to play these games on high/ultra plus I will be making videos soon enough for Youtube (I would like to stream as well). Please help me guys, I will be getting this computer during Christmas time. I will need everything, have 1 build with a monitor and 1 without a monitor because I do alrdy have one but I am just wondering what the difference would be. I really appreciate the time any of you will put into this .

Im too lazy to put together a build, but with your budget these are the basics to shoot for:

4670k CPU
    z87 chipset motherboard
    8gb memory
    Radeon r9 280x video card
    256gb SSD
    1tb HDD for storage
    500-600w brand name psu
    Windows 7
    Cases are personal thing

This should leave you with a couple hundred bucks for a monitor, im not too lazy to link that : )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...3DWA5B7YT92P2J

Thanks for the quick response but I really don't know what any of that means :/ I apologize I am just learning

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Im too lazy to put together a build, but with your budget these are the basics to shoot for:

4670k CPU
    z87 chipset motherboard
    8gb memory
    Radeon r9 280x video card
    256gb SSD
    1tb HDD for storage
    500-600w brand name psu
    Windows 7
    Cases are personal thing

This should leave you with a couple hundred bucks for a monitor, im not too lazy to link that : )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...3DWA5B7YT92P2J
    Windows 7 isn't exactly a basic that people should shoot for. There's no reason not to go with 8. Far more optimized, much friendlier to SSDs, DX 11.2 and a lot faster with booting and shutting down.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Windows 7 isn't exactly a basic that people should shoot for. There's no reason not to go with 8. Far more optimized, much friendlier to SSDs, DX 11.2 and a lot faster with booting and shutting down.
    Any chance you can help me with a build? I don't know what everything means and all

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds Check there, there is a decent build for 1224 bucks without the monitor.

Windows 8 ins't ready for primetime glow, just today they did the 8.1 update and they have a lot of issues to iron out. It will be the go to OS in the future, but not now and its not something im going to recommend to someone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidarz View Post
    Any chance you can help me with a build? I don't know what everything means and all
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($77.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($60.98 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($304.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.50 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1348.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 01:21 EDT-0400)

This is pretty much squeezing everything you can out of that budget. It is $100 over, but it's $100 incredibly well spent. To cut it down, you would either be:

1. Dropping your SSD storage in half
    2. Getting a crappy case (which will end up making you spend more anyway since decent cases come with good fans - crappy ones make you buy your own)
    3. Getting a lesser CPU cooler for lesser overclocks

Of course, you can choose your own case and CPU cooler for aesthetic reasons, but the DH-14 is pretty much the best cooler available aside from the H100i or a custom liquid loop.

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 8 ins't ready for primetime glow, just today they did the 8.1 update and they have a lot of issues to iron out. It will be the go to OS in the future, but not now and its not something im going to recommend to someone yet.
    Nah, you don't have to download 8.1. It's optional, not that I've seen any issues regardless. As far as vanilla 8, there are no huge problems and a 2 minute download and install of Start8, ClassicShell or whatever magically takes away all of the "issues" anyone complains about. This leaves you with a vastly superior OS to W7.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I shuffled a few things around, mainly the Mobo and PSU. I personally feel spending that much on those two isn't needed. Just my opinion though, but it does shave a good $75 off, giving more wiggle room for case, an optical drive (not really needed), or a water cooled system.

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($77.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($304.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.50 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1277.36
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thats a really good price for that PSU, i have the 520w model and its super quiet and no issues in 2 years. Its made by seasonic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys:
    (I would like to stream as well). Please help me guys, I will be getting this computer during Christmas time.
    Due to the constantly changing PC market, ask this question approx 3 days before you are ACTUALLY buying the build. GPU prices are variable and many things can change by late December. It is nice to get excited but it's likely that spending $1300 in late December (especially around Christmas time deals, or if you pick up certain components during Cyber Monday [mainly case, OS, PSU, RAM, and storage.]) will net you a better system than spending $1300 today.

Also for serious streaming and stuff you'd probably want to look into an i7
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Everyone always says that but i can stream fine with an i5. Agree with your other bits of advice tho, tell us when you can buy cause prices are ever changing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you ever gonna be overclocking? Ask yourself that question and try to be as objective as you can. If youre not gonna overclock, then you can save the money on a aftermarket cooler.

Thank you everyone, I guess I will just wait until cyber monday to pick things out and all

I can stream WoW just fine on an i5 but struggle streaming BF3/4. Then again i was on 4GB ram then and im on 8 now.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    well u should go for chazus build... thats spot on except of the gpu... the 280 is just a rebranded 7970 with mantle support... as this will only for now (and hopefully it wont stay that way) take affect in bf4 for testing purpose u should take the 7950 and oc it... u will save 100 bugs and have the same result... especially if ur main purpose is mmo´s as those are more cpu demanding
    Last edited by mmocd7afc5e097; 2013-10-18 at 11:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, I have it on all 3 of my PCs and my 2 laptops, with the 8.1 update as of today, there are no bugs, everything works fine except a few websites I visit do not support IE 11.0, I use Firefox, so doesn't matter to me, other than that, runs like a champ, fast and fluid.

I wish you Win 7 fans would stop steering people to buy an outdated OS, its really not cost effective and Windows 8 runs much better than Win 7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Really, I have it on all 3 of my PCs and my 2 laptops, with the 8.1 update as of today, there are no bugs, everything works fine except a few websites I visit do not support IE 11.0, I use Firefox, so doesn't matter to me, other than that, runs like a champ, fast and fluid.

I wish you Win 7 fans would stop steering people to buy an outdated OS, its really not cost effective and Windows 8 runs much better than Win 7.
    well there arent any windows 7 fans on here.. as u might have seen.. every new build suggestion(which needs a new os) is suggesting windows 8... even though windows 7 isnt bad its just recommended to stay with it if u already have a license and cant spare the extra dollars for the loss of performance... ur post is just unecessary and uncalled for as the one of the posting people u should take serious already suggsted windows 8....
    Last edited by mmocd7afc5e097; 2013-10-19 at 12:49 AM.