Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You plan on breeding for better pokemon stats? Or just rolling with what you have. Also there is a battler tower equivalent to score some nice items for BP.

- - - Updated - - -

I do plan on breeding. Already working on it atm, starting from scartch with getting syncronizer pokemons...Its a chore having to do it again, now that the trade wont open up until 28th december.

I have a few pokemons Im very interested inn - Right now its http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/heliolisk

I did try the new battle thing for BP's but compared to black/white its total crap. Why must I sit trough silly fights at first? Even with my well trained pokemons from white2 I could still loss inn the PWT, it was that good. And then ofcourse battle train.

Edit: Right now X / Y reminds me abit off Cataclysme wow. They gave us all these new (but very average and not really needet, think super training, clothes etc) features, but forgot about end-game.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-10-18 at 11:35 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    With a small chance of derailing the thread a bit (didn't think it was useful to make a new thread).

So...I have a NDS (so not a 3ds). I haven't played a pokemon game since the first ones, but I'm getting swept into the craze, but I don't want to buy a 3ds.
    I personally absolutely despise minigames, so I'm mostly interested in playing a pokemon game that's really about collecting and battling (and a story). Not in breeding, petting or other minigames. Now I learned that there are several NDS pokemons (platinum, heartgold, black and black2 right? and of course their counterparts).

Which one would be the best for me?

Thanks a lot!

Which one should I buy?
    If you want the story, then Black or White. If you want most content possible, then Heartgold or Soulsilver. In both games there's plenty of battling and collecting, and no obligatory minigames. One thing to note is that you can't catch the old Pokémons in Black & White, so it also depends on whether you want a fresh new start or want to relive an experience with the old ones again. I wouldn't recommend Black 2 & White 2 or Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, since imo they're beneath the others, and Black 2/White 2 has a stupid Pokéstudio minigame stuff that's forced unto you.

Actually, Id recommed white/black 2, just cause off the end-game. It was pretty great all the way.

Also Soulsilver has very little end-game content like originale gen2, and no propor way to level pokemons fast like what we see now inn X / Y

- - - Updated - - -

Urgh, give me a gut damn way to level pokemons. Seriously, this is just so lame compared to gen5, that is all. What takes almost no time inn gen5, took 1 full pokemon league + 2 battle resturants to get this guy to just level 50.

We'll first gen6 trained; At level 100 it should be above 300 speed/sp. atk each, but that all depends how well you trained it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Heliolisk @ Choice spec Hold Item.

Trait: Sand Veil
    IV’s: Superior potential + HP (Was pretty happy with this, it seem rest off its IV's wasen't bad to)
    EVs: 252 sp. atk / 252 speed
    Nature: Modest
    - Thunderbolt stab, could consider thunder
    - Focus Blast (Good coverage move, but could be replaced)
    - Hyper Beam (Stab move, goes good with choice spec) - Was so hoping it could learn the new normal speciel move 140 power, that noivern can learn etc, but no.
    - Dark Pulse (Don't have volt switch yet, 48 BP cost)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot like Jolteon, but slower and with normal typing, and able to learn quit a few more things.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-10-18 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Cleared the whole first floor of Battle Chateau with my fiery lvl 32 pokemon >.<
    What - How - When do I get new challengers ? Is It badge based ? Or do I actually have to Invest into this Writ system ? Didn't want to because felt the price would have me facing +40's

- Edit - nvm >.< New challengers appear over time ^.^ tbh I'm getting too used to this lvl difference, It'd be nice if the pokemon games for "once" changed Its set-up entirely, Grass starting area followed by rock and than water, Getting old.
    Overall Its a fantastic addition since the last game I played was back In 2007 Diamond.
    Though hidden bases In ruby was pretty epic, and the best addition to X/Y Is shared XP, Best damn feature across the board.
    Last edited by mmoc69b02cba40; 2013-10-19 at 03:51 AM.

I think this is the 2nd best generation.

Jhoto still wins by miles.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat the Elite 4, time was 23:26.

Team is as:
    Yveltal 62
    Lucario 69
    Greninja 70
    Charizard 71
    Garchomp 81
    Blaziken 86

I got really luck with Yveltal, Lonely Nature and Superior Potential. I have it with 252 Attack and 252 Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think this is the 2nd best generation.

Jhoto still wins by miles.
    Jhoto is really hard to replicate for me. Big part is due to nostalgia but damn I loved that Silver game. Soul Silver's release made me wonder if there really is a God. That was the last game I played until Y, gotta say I miss having my Pokemon follow me around.

We'll time for more syncronizer egg's now. Really just wish we could trade right from the start. Im using ralts for it, witch aint to many egg steps.

Here is Aegislash setup Im aiming for later on:

Aegislash @ leftovers Hold Item.

Trait: Stance Change
    IV’s: Superior potential + Attack
    EVs: 252 attack / 252 HP
    Nature: Brave
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Iron Head
    - Swords Dance
    - Kings Shield

The idea is to have very low speed to always attack last, come inn on resisted move, or some move it can take. Then setup, and procced to sweep.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-10-19 at 08:31 PM.

Can anyone suggest a good-looking pokemon to capture with? I'm looking for something that can sleep the target quickly and learn False Swipe.

I have a few with sleep-moves but all of them are fugly.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...e_Swipe_(move) Here you go, look trough that, then find the best who can also know hypnosis. List aint updated with gen6 I bet.

I have a question, there are tons of posts so it may have been answered already
    If my girlfriend has a 2DS and I let her borrow my Pokémon y, will she be able to play her own game or will she need to buy a new pokemon x/y??

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...e_Swipe_(move) Here you go, look trough that, then find the best who can also know hypnosis. List aint updated with gen6 I bet.
    Ah nice, will take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm going with Shroomish, it's evolved form looks pretty okay. It learns Spore at an early level which has a 100% hit chance and it can also learn False Swipe.

Problem is, only way of getting Shroomish is by breeding the evolved form which you can find in Friend Safari, so hopefully someone has it in my list (if anyone here has it, I'd love the FC).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good-looking pokemon to capture with? I'm looking for something that can sleep the target quickly and learn False Swipe.

Aha I'm struggling to decide on one aswell :P Let me know if you find an elegant solution!

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Jhoto is really hard to replicate for me. Big part is due to nostalgia but damn I loved that Silver game. Soul Silver's release made me wonder if there really is a God. That was the last game I played until Y, gotta say I miss having my Pokemon follow me around.
    Not sure why they didn't keep that feature. They remove a lot of popular features going from generation to generation.

Going back to kanto and pokemon following you was great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

Inkay learns hypnosis I dont know if it can learn false swipe though
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermike View Post
    I have a question, there are tons of posts so it may have been answered already
    If my girlfriend has a 2DS and I let her borrow my Pokémon y, will she be able to play her own game or will she need to buy a new pokemon x/y??
    She will only be able to play your game. There isn't a device specific save setting.

Does it matter when we evolve venusaur, charizard, or blastoise to their mega evolution? Do the mega evolutions give new abilities? Do they learn abilities slower?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manybadgers View Post
    Does it matter when we evolve venusaur, charizard, or blastoise to their mega evolution? Do the mega evolutions give new abilities? Do they learn abilities slower?
    Mega evolutions aren't permanent, and you can only do one per battle. And it doesn't consume the held item.

Quote Originally Posted by manybadgers View Post
    They get increased stats afaik.

Deleted
    So i just beat the team flare leader and got myself a good Yveltal after 3-ish resets. Team Flares leader was both very predictable about who it was, not to mention i could defeat him with just one pokemon - Gardevoir (fairy, psychic and electric moves, gg). Team Flare leader pls!
    Determined the nature of Yveltal from the stats it had so i wouldn't have to suffer the silly cutscene everytime i wanted to see. Ended up with a modest one, and if the experimental IV calc is correct, it has 30ish IVs in all stats apart from spA which is 18-19, and spD which is 0-1. Quite the neat tradeoff i must say. Now let's pray the IV calc is correct :P

Had exp share on though, so it may or may not need a reset bag before i do anything else. Any idea if there's a better way to get reset bags other than randomly hitting the punching bag? Any specific super training challenge that has a higher chance etc?

Aegislash has been as awesome as i expected it to be so far - some swords dancing then switching to attack stance and murdering everything.
    Venusaur has left me in a dilema - I intended to make him a spD tank with hp and spD. Now the problem is that if i equip leftovers/sludge i can't mega evolve, and if i equip megastone i will get less health back. Any idea what stats he gets when he mega evolves? If the defensive stats don't go up i could just stick to not mega evolving i guess. Well screw that, it gains 20 more spD, 40 more def and the thick fat ability. Mega stone is a clear winner.

Lastly, i have heard there is an item or something that can change the ability of a pokemon. If so, where and when can i get this? Or were they all talking about mega evolutions?...
    Last edited by mmoc4ea047ec8a; 2013-10-19 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend code for anyone.

0173 2722 8584

Edit: I usually end up breeding adamant/modest pokemon a lot if needed.