Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be profitable but not super popular. Im guessing maybe 2-4m players.

Depends on when they'll release it. I can see it attracting the old MOBA playerbase that cut its teeth in the original Dota since we'll be able to play as the iconic Warcraft characters, as well as other favourite characters from Blizzard's other franchises. As long as Blizzard doesn't mess up the gameplay and they release it soon, they should do well. I don't want this to be a 2015 release or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    SC is a big name RTS, WoW was build on another big franchise and was a revolution of sorts for MMOs, Diablo is also "the" ARPG. Hearthstone is build on Warcraft too, and there's no other quick, online and free CCG around. But unless Heroes of the Storm has some ace or trick up it's sleeve, it's coming to a market where LoL, and DOTA 2 somewhat is already the big names. There's some big and current in that market already, where Blizzard other things were the classic of those games.
    i think alot of you guys are looking at heroes of the storm the wrong way.

i dont think blizzard is going after lol or dota. they arent going after that crowd in my opinion.

you know what blizzards really good at? taking niche genres and making them accessible, easier to learn, and all about fun.

i see alot of people in here talking about esports and stuff, i dont think thats what they are doing, i think what they are doing, is, just like hearthstone, saying HAY ALL YOU GUISE! YOU LIEK ARTHAS? YOU LIEK ILLY DANS? YOU LIKE STARCRAFTS AND DIABLOS? YOU LIEK PUNCHIN STUFFS? COME PLAY DIS GAME GET TO PUNCH STUFFS WITH ALL DA GUISE!

atleast in my opinion thats how i feel like they are going for, those people who play wow and diablo and starcraft, whove probably never even played lol or a moba before and showing them a fun game with characters they love.

lol can keep the hardcore guys and the esports and all that, heroes of the storm will go for the normal crowd just like wow and hearthstone did.

i personally never played a card game before except pokemon when i was little and had no interest but they were like YO LOOK AT DIS ERE GAIME HAS ALL DA DOODZ YOU LIEK AND A COOL DWARF GUY WHO TALKS TO YOU ABOUT STUFFS AND DOES ALL THE MATHS AND THINGS YOU DONT LIEK, and i was like OKAI and now im in love with it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    People, we're talking about combining the most popular games in each of there genres into one MOBA. WoW (mmo), SC (rts), and Diablo (arpg). The game will be a huge success no matter what. It's Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want the Lore attached to the OG characters even though they had different names like Furion (Malfurion), Abaddon (Arthas), Terrorblade (Illidan)
    Valve will never come close to originality of those characters imo.
    Not saying DotA 2 is a bad game, in fact I'm happy that Valve picked it up to show Blizzard they need to start paying attention to what's new in the pro scene ( SC died with Broodwars imo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    If people wanted dota nostalgia they would play Dota 2, or the original dota.
    - - - Updated - - -

They will probably have custom maps but not a single player mode.(closest to single player will most likely be bot training)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I hope it has some kind of engaging single player mode as well as the multiplayer modes. I'd really like a game I can just play whenever, pause, and come back to. The RNG grind of WoW is wearing thin.

Impossible to tell if its going to be successful without any information. I'm sure it will be great though with heroes from all three blizzard universes being utilised. Laning as Lei Shen against Deckard Cain would badass. So many possibilities with so many bosses and characters. As long as they get the game mechanics right I'll add it to my play list every weekend. I can't wait

I just don't see what niche HotS can hit. DotA 2 seemed to take the hardcore players and veterans while LoL continues to pick up more and more new players due to it's "ease" while building a pretty hefty base with it's leveling system to keep players invested.

It's definitely going to be a long climb up for Blizzard and I honestly can't see it being successful to Blizzard's standards in this booming market.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-10-19 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Blizzard has a knack for getting only the good features from other games and mixing them up in an epic package, so I'm guessing hots will not disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I just don't see what niche HotS can hit. DotA 2 seemed to take the hardcore players and veterans while LoL continues to pick up more and more new players due to it's "ease" while building a pretty hefty base with it's leveling system to keep players invested.

It's definitely going to be a long climb up for Blizzard and I honestly can't see it being successful to Blizzard's standards in this booming market.
    I think it's difficult to know. I said earlier that it would do fine and I think it will but I doubt if it will overtake LoL. On the other hand by the time it launches everyone that plays any Blizzard game will be using the battle.net client and there it will be right in line with HS, WoW, D3 and SC along with whatever pretty pictures and enticements that the marketing department can create. Assuming that it will be some form of F2P that simple thing may end up being more important than people realize now. I'm not sure that I see HotS bringing in a lot of people who don't already play something from Blizzard but maintaining brand identity is important too. The battle.net client has possibilities that players probably aren't thinking about yet very much. But Blizzard is. Oh yes they are.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-19 at 08:51 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Will only play it if the servers aren't ONLY in AMURICA!!!
    Toss the dice until we fly, to dance with Jak o' the Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Since Blizzard has proved they aren't particularly good at balancing things I'm not expecting much. I can't think of any reasons why I'd go to Heroes of the Storm over DotA 2. I couldn't care less about Blizzard characters.

I guess it kind of depends on the game though. If it's like HoN/DotA where you deny creeps and the items are interesting and it's... You know, challenging... Then I'll probably check it out. If it's just faceroll skillshots like LoL then I won't even bother.
    Dota2 is not balance and WoW is impossible to balance. All ARTS games hide their balance issue behind hero picking system.

Anyway, it's quite sad to me that RTS has become a small genre(SC2, the fastest selling RTS of all time fucking sold less than half of D3's sell) and it transformed into this Dota fest. So sad. ARTS suits modern players's need more I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    All this branching out to other and new genres does show to me though that Blizzard is realizing that their milk cow (WoW) is starting to run dry and need to start finding new sources of income before the cow drops dead.
    That and I think they want to try something new because they have been doing all sequels for like more than 10 years.

Deleted
    For me, personally, the announcement was kind of a disappointment since I absolutely don't care about the genre.

Generally spoken, it will definitely be a success. Like every Blizzard game.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i dont understand what heroes of the storm is.... is it a game? a comic? a what..

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Mark my words:
    DotA2+LoL = EQ of back then
    HotS = WoW of back then
    Will be more like: Dota 1: EQ of back then
    Dota2+LoL = WoW of back then
    HotS: *Insert randomly failed MMO here*

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Honestly, i dont understand what heroes of the storm is.... is it a game? a comic? a what..
    A dota clone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    Basically my thoughts. I don't even hate admitting that simply because something is made by Blizzard, I'm just that much more likely to try it. It just happened with Hearthstone which is one of my top games in a very long time, so I don't really mind my somewhat indirect blind fanboyism.

Basically if it's made by Blizzard, chances are it will be successful. The fact that it has potential to attract a vast amount of audiences is also a good thing, but so far we don't really know anything about the game. Have to wait until Blizzcon until we can even begin to form an opinion on the game.
    Blizzard created that thing you call ''blind fanboyism'' all by themselves, because all their games are always that good and are always worth trying imo

[QUOTE=Zogarth;22953623]Will be more like: Dota 1: EQ of back then
    Dota2+LoL = WoW of back then
    HotS: *Insert randomly failed MMO here*

LoL is WoW of back then not Dota2. Popularity wise Dota 2 is not that close to LoL.

I personally don't think that Heroes of the Storm will have much appeal to LoL players.

Maybe Heroes of the Storm will make some of the Wow players become interested in MOBAs, and then cause them to jump ship from Heroes to LoL instead...
    like all the 40 million wow players who jumped ship to other mmos? most of the people who play wow would be interested in this probably dont even know what lol is.

the majority of the wow playerbase doesnt even go on the forums so this would probably be the first moba theyve ever played

- - - Updated - - -

All this branching out to other and new genres does show to me though that Blizzard is realizing that their milk cow (WoW) is starting to run dry and need to start finding new sources of income before the cow drops dead.
    or they just want to try something different. gaming companies dont soley exist to make money, sometimes they want to try working on something else.

a painter doesnt paint the same picture every time, a band doesnt play the same song every time. honestly what you said is just ignorant, it would be like someone saying gamefreak made harmoknight incase pokemon stops being popular
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-10-19 at 10:55 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552