Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More like you keep going with that anti Liberal mentality tea party folks love to use.

I dont think he/she/it/riddler knows how a society works..

as I point to this actually well constructed post from a certain website....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post

I rarely save pictures from the internet. That one is truly deserving.

So.

Much.

Win.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post

So.

Much.

Win.

I... also... wtf. I think I just read something CORRECT on the internet.

I have to go re-evaluate my life.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

So.

Much.

Win.
    Just like my sig for Decklan! lol

I don't like the tea party because they masquerade this good guy image that they are interested in cutting government spending, lowering taxes etc. While at the same time wanting to raise taxes to keep social security going, they oppose net neutrality, they are against abortion, they are against civil unions and gay marriage. I dont know what to like about them?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I... also... wtf. I think I just read something CORRECT on the internet.
    And on 4chan, no less.

10+ Year Old Account
    At best you would have gotten Breitbart or Dailyfail or some ultra right wing pro-lobby blog.
    I wouldn't mind. Again, if you actually care enough to debate a topic then its not that hard to provide sources. Of course this is the internet, so no source should be taken for granted either. So if you want to make a claim, support it. If your source isn't credible, then naturally your claim you are supporting with it? Well, this isn't twitter or a private board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post

Wish I could fit that into my sig.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wish I could fit that into my sig.
    Fits fine if you take out that pic.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Fits fine if you take out that pic.
    I was hoping to fit the text in, but it looks too long. Might try an abridged version though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Just like my sig for Decklan! lol
    I approve!

Sigged the pic.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to fit the text in, but it looks too long. Might try an abridged version though.
    Just throw the link to the image into your sig image. Works well enough for mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so lets see where we are at, in summary.

1. Some Republicans have been trying to get the ACA repealed/defunded/delayed/scuppered since it passed in 2010.
    2. These Republicans failed in all three branches of federal government, judiciary, executive, and repeatedly in the legislature.
    3. These Republicans failed in the 2010 and 2012 elections.
    4. These Republicans threatened to not let the CR pass unless concessions on the ACA were made.
    5. The Democrats chose not to offer concessions.
    6. These Republicans changed the rules of the House of Representatives to make sure Boehner could not ignore the Hastart Rule again and pass the Continuing Resolution with Democratic and Republican votes.
    7. The government, at least partially, shut down.
    8. After a couple of weeks the debt limit approached.
    9. Conservative icons like Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh told the House Republicans to back off.
    10. Boehner failed to get a compromise that even his own party, in the House, would agree too.
    11. Reid and McConnell came up with a compromise in the Senate that gave the Republicans pretty much squat, but gave the Democrats some significant concessions instead.
    12. Boehner passed it through the House with Republican and Democratic support like he could have two weeks earlier.
    13. Twenty-four billion dollars was blown on a political stunt, and who knows how many more billions on higher future rates.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-10-20 at 05:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so lets see where we are at, in summary.

1. Some Republicans have been trying to get the ACA repealed/defunded/delayed/scuppered since it passed in 2010.
    2. These Republicans failed in all three branches of federal government, judiciary, executive, and repeatedly in the legislature.
    3. These Republicans failed in the 2010 and 2012 elections.
    4. These Republicans threatened to not less the CR pass unless concessions on the ACA were made.
    5. The Democrats chose not to offer concessions.
    6. These Republicans changed the rules of the House of Representatives to make sure Boehner could not ignore the Hastart Rule again and pass the Continuing Resolution with Democratic and Republican votes.
    7. The government, at least partially, shut down.
    8. After a couple of weeks the debt limit approached.
    9. Conservative icons like Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh told the House Republicans to back off.
    10. Boehner failed to get a compromise that even his own party, in the House, would agree too.
    11. Reid and McConnell came up with a compromise in the Senate that gave the Republicans pretty much squat, but gave the Democrats some significant concessions instead.
    12. Boehner passed it through the House with Republican and Democratic support like he could have two weeks earlier.
    13. Twenty-four billion dollars was blown on a political stunt, and who knows how many more billions on higher future rates.

Did I miss anything?
    14. These Republicans still blame the whole thing on the Democrats refusing to repeal Obamacare, thus this is entirely on their shoulders.

15. The Pentagon spent 5.5 BILLION dollars just before the shutdown.

I don't care what side of the fence you are on, this should have never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    15. The Pentagon spent 5.5 BILLION dollars just before the shutdown.

I don't care what side of the fence you are on, this should have never happened.
    On what if you could provide a reliable source please.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

14. These Republicans still blame the whole thing on the Democrats refusing to repeal Obamacare, thus this is entirely on their shoulders.
    I'm not so sure of that anymore...

Honestly, I'm thinking (hoping) this MIGHT be the turning point where enough Republicans have seen what the fruit of their fear/hate mongering has brought and could potentially bring in future.

For the first time, I've seen Republicans standing with Democrats AGAINST Republicans in saying "enough is enough already!"

While they may NOT accept/appreciate the Democrat/Liberal policies - many at least have FINALLY found a line that they should not cross, and have seen for themselves those in their own party whom are willing to cross that line for the sole purpose of keeping their fear and their pride alive and well.

In short, as Scrosec observed, that this might be the turning point where those fiscal conservatives who are NOT about fearmongering/hatred/extremists who want to take the world back to a dark age of subjugation not by lords, but by CEOs - that those conservatives might reclaim their party once again and bring sanity back to their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad that I didn't reply to this part earlier. So are you saying Obama is different from previous administrations?

The President as Chief Fundraiser

The elected reward those who helped get them elected. That is entirely different than trying to claim delaying the Employer Mandate is to reward big business donors when many of the ones benefiting from it? Were giving money to Romney's election campaign, not Obama's.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-10-20 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm not so sure of that anymore...

Honestly, I'm thinking (hoping) this MIGHT be the turning point where enough Republicans have seen what the fruit of their fear/hate mongering has brought and could potentially bring in future.

For the first time, I've seen Republicans standing with Democrats AGAINST Republicans in saying "enough is enough already!"

While they may NOT accept/appreciate the Democrat/Liberal policies - many at least have FINALLY found a line that they should not cross, and have seen for themselves those in their own party whom are willing to cross that line for the sole purpose of keeping their fear and their pride alive and well.

In short, as Scrosec observed, that this might be the turning point where those fiscal conservatives who are NOT about fearmongering/hatred/extremists who want to take the world back to a dark age of subjugation not by lords, but by CEOs - that those conservatives might reclaim their party once again and bring sanity back to their side.

I hope for our sake that you are right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yet haven't the Democrats already laid a pretty good claim on the Center and Moderates? Do the Republicans really have anywhere to go but the minority within the minority?

Yet haven't the Democrats already laid a pretty good claim on the Center and Moderates? Do the Republicans really have anywhere to go but the minority within the minority?
    I'll take those as two separate questions.

Have they laid a good claim on Center/moderates? As of this exact moment, yes. But ONLY on the shutdown procedure. There are many Republicans who simply disagree with some policies, but do not wish to burn the building down if they don't get exactly what they want.

Do the Republicans have anywhere to go but the minority within the minority? If you're talking about Tea Party nutjobs, then yes. But there are PLENTY of non-fearmongering Republicans out there to fill that vacant space being left by the Tea Party.

One thing I WILL say is that the Tea Party has done severe damage to the Republican reputation right now with this, not AS bad as Bush Jr did in his admin, but pretty bad - and people (particularly the younger generation) are keeping a track-record of their list of growing failures. And I don't mean failures as in "failed policies" - but literal derps like useless wars in Iraq, the housing bubble, Katrina efforts and now the Shutdown here. Failed policies is just another level of "derp" in what can be best called a massive swarm of derpidity. :P

It's going to take at least another 8 years for a new generation to come in and see the Republicans in a different light than we today... provided of course the Republicans actually make the effort to not be a bunch of fearmongering twats and instead focus on civil debate and objective detailed thought-out policies not based on some orwellian fearmongering.