Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

oQueue Global ban in code

From http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2436299?page=7

Seems the guy who makes OQ has a Global ban written in the code where he has written a "level 2 ban in for 9 people". Good read and rather funny to see the maker act like his winning self.

So how do you guys feel about that a add on where the Author will write a ban in the code for the add on.

No I am not banned from oq. just another reason to never use it.

From tiny him self

On what criteria do you place global bans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinysmasher
    my own.

it is amusing he refuses to answer a simple question:
    what are the parameters for being banned?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-20 at 04:41 PM.

Don't care and it's only 9 people (hardly worth even mentioning) but since you do mention it why not mention why they were banned?

According to the link you posted:

Code:
    OQ.gbl = { ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- OQ exploiter
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- <something bad> in OQ names
    ["<name removed>"] = 1, -- bandit
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- flamed out, hard
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- <bad word> to scorekeeper
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- exploit/hack
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- spamming the scorekeeper, <bad word>
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- OQ exploiter
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- exploit helm; <bad words> - <name removed> } ;
    It's funny reading people like you (the OP) and others in the posted thread about how they wont use OQ when they aren't even using it to begin with, like people are looking for an excuse to bad mouth the mod.

No one cares (I promise!) if you aren't going to use the mod. It has a huge player base and many people enjoy it including myself. If you don't want to use it then fine but you don't need to tell anyone as no one cares.
    Last edited by Gnosk; 2013-10-20 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another gem from him

i moderate wow.publicvent.org. there are over 200k users per year going through it... it's the largest vent in the world. we ban 25+ trolls every day. there is no review process. no hearing. no recording evidence. and no tolerance for trolls.

same goes for oQueue.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    Don't care and it's only 9 people (hardly worth even mentioning) but since you do mention it why not mention why they were banned?

According to the link you posted:

OQ.gbl = { ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- OQ exploiter
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- <something bad> in OQ names
    ["<name removed>"] = 1, -- bandit
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- flamed out, hard
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- <bad word> to scorekeeper
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- exploit/hack
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- spamming the scorekeeper, <bad word>
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- OQ exploiter
    ["<name removed>" ] = 1, -- exploit helm; <bad words> - <name removed> } ;
    Yea if you read the thread the guy who makes oq refuses to say why people are banned he was asked "On what criteria do you place global bans?"
    his answer "my own".

Needless to say I never heard of a addon hard coding to ban you

It's his mod, his rules. Don't like it, don't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's his mod, his rules. Don't like it, don't use it.
    I don't use it. Also oQueue is "In moderation" on Curse but as I said before I never hard of a 3rd party addon hard coding it to ban certain people.

He is doing the mod a favor by banning trolls etc. Something blizzard fail BIG TIME with their own game. He has only banned 9 people, it's a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    I don't use it. Also oQueue is "In moderation" on Curse but as I said before I never hard of a 3rd party addon hard coding it to ban certain people.
    The forum Chrome plugin Cogshanks has a ban list created by it's user, but it's normally under severe circumstances like forum stalking and harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the last in a long list of reasons to not use the addon as far as I'm concerned. It's a useful thing in terms of its purpose but it goes about what it does in a terrible way what with adding people to your friends list without your permission (as such), spamming chat and other things. This is just icing on the cake. I'm not using it either and his comments in the last 24 hours on Blizzard's forum and the attitude displayed are disappointing to say the least.

He's answered the question about parameters actually. It's personal, his call, and what anyone else thinks doesn't matter. I think Blizzard should step into this myself but I also think that this is something that Blizzard should have done a long while ago on their own.

The guts of the code to do it are right there buried in the UI from Wrath. They should clean it up, promote it to a better spot in the UI and start walking the walk instead of just paying lip service to in-game social interaction and ceding it to third-party websites and addons.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Heaven forbid SOMEONE attempts to stand up to the trolls. Good for him. We need people like that,

Deleted
    Well he has banned people from using Oqueue because of using exploits and what not, he can do whatever he wants its his addon.

If this makes you so mad you have to make a MMO-C thread about it, Im sure you're one of those affected that exploited or deserved the ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    The forum Chrome plugin Cogshanks has a ban list created by it's user, but it's normally under severe circumstances like forum stalking and harassment.
    yea but Cogsharks flat out tells you if you do X you get banned. The guy who makes OQ sat in that thread refusing to tell anyone anything and his attitude is pretty shitty. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...436299?page=13

So blown out of proportion. Just don't use it if you don't like it.

Icing on the cake? you weren't going to use the mod anyway! Is this thread just going to be a bunch of people posting how they weren't going to use the mod anyway but now for sure they wont??

I agree blizzard should setup something similar in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's the last in a long list of reasons to not use the addon as far as I'm concerned. It's a useful thing in terms of its purpose but it goes about what it does in a terrible way what with adding people to your friends list without your permission (as such), spamming chat and other things. This is just icing on the cake. I'm not using it either and his comments in the last 24 hours on Blizzard's forum and the attitude displayed are disappointing to say the least.

He's answered the question about parameters actually. It's personal, his call, and what anyone else thinks doesn't matter. I think Blizzard should step into this myself but I also think that this is something that Blizzard should have done a long while ago on their own.

The guts of the code to do it are right there buried in the UI from Wrath. They should clean it up, promote it to a better spot in the UI and start walking the walk instead of just paying lip service to in-game social interaction and ceding it to third-party websites and addons.
    Yea pretty much, he also has some donation thing coded in his addon and you still can use it to by pass the 5 man limit for Random bgs. I would not be surprised if blizzard did break it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Heaven forbid SOMEONE attempts to stand up to the trolls. Good for him. We need people like that,
    Hes does not even say why they were banned.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    yea but Cogsharks flat out tells you if you do X you get banned. The guy who makes OQ sat in that thread refusing to tell anyone anything and his attitude is pretty shitty. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...436299?page=13
    He's said that he has no concrete rules, and that he judges things on a case by case basis. He has said that only the worst of the worst offenders have been banned. That's all you need to know. You are entitled to no additional information, and you're lucky he bothered to come and discuss it in the thread at all. If you don't like his 'shitty attitude', then say as much. If there's 225k people using the addon and 9 people are banned, it's probably safe to say that they deserved it.

Deleted
    Still use it, couldn't care less if he bans who he wants to. It's his addon, someone got butthurt because they aren't allowed to use it, couldn't care less, still gonna use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Well he has banned people from using Oqueue because of using exploits and what not, he can do whatever he wants its his addon.

If this makes you so mad you have to make a MMO-C thread about it, Im sure you're one of those affected that exploited or deserved the ban.
    Nah I used OQ a few times had the displeasure of runing with Tinysmasher, deleted the addon right after. Not banned for using oq but

I do not like the mass friend request spam, most groups i got in with it sucked, if you disable it you get chat spamed, Also I personally thing the guy who makes it is a total douche. I was just rather surprised he hard codes bans in to it

Don't be a a majour douche and you won't get banned.

Personally I used Oqueue a few times and it never yielded any pozitive results for me. All groups in there ask for 2k rating, which I don't have, don't really need melee dps, which I am, don't really need non-russian players, and the groups for capping conquest points fail miserably.

I'm glad it's his own criteria.

If he posted what they were, rules lawyers and asshole whiners would be like "but I techhhhhnically diiiiiiidn't dooooooooo eeeeeeett".

Fuck that. His house, his rules, I'm glad he permabans. I wish Blizzard did more of that to all the cheating exploiting assholes who cry like stuck pigs when they get caught.

Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's said that he has no concrete rules, and that he judges things on a case by case basis. He has said that only the worst of the worst offenders have been banned. That's all you need to know. You are entitled to no additional information, and you're lucky he bothered to come and discuss it in the thread at all. If you don't like his 'shitty attitude', then say as much. If there's 225k people using the addon and 9 people are banned, it's probably safe to say that they deserved it.

oh he does have a very douche attitude

another Gem

so yes people not using your product DOES have an impact.
    it's a free addon. if you act like this in oQueue groups, i'm pretty sure the community would be glad you left.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I wish Blizzard did more of that to all the cheating exploiting assholes who cry like stuck pigs when they get caught.
    Yea, Like addons that let you bypass the 5 man limit in to random bgs?