Poll: What should they do with mailboxes?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I think what he means is the fact that, typically, you'll want to track "common stuff" on the minimap all the time. You know, innkeepers, food vendors, etc. You dont' want to toggle off and on stuff that you visit regularly.

Now, you might be a person who doesn't pick up mail regularly. But some people do. And it's quite annoying having to toggle mailbox tracking on and off all the time, whenever I need one, because if I just leave it on, it clutters the minimap in cities.

It's the little things...
    But surely you know where mailboxes are and will be right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

I'm usually against conveniences in games. I want there to be a bit of an effort to do things, as well as immersion in the game world.

But lately, mailboxes have started bugging me.

• They litter the mini-map and take up space around it.
    • They are everywhere in towns nowadays, which is not only illogical but also looks daft.
    • They force you to go somewhere just to trade with your alt or receive some money from the Auction House, or when you receive a letter from an NPC.

Why not take the Guild Wars 2 route and place the mailbox in the interface? If you want it to make sense lore-wise, just say the Ethereals did it.
    hm I don't really give a shit about mailboxes, maybe you should add a poll option 'I'm fine with either option'

Yeah, remove them mailboxes! It was sooo much better in 2005 when we had no mailboxes, before the Activision Bli$$ard era.

Oh wait.

How many times is someone going to reply to the OP that he can hide the mailboxes from his minimap?

Can a bored person count how many times so far in this thread someone has told the OP this?

Not to mention, you can uncheck mailboxese on your minimap so it won't show them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How many times is someone going to reply to the OP that he can hide the mailboxes from his minimap?

Can a bored person count how many times so far in this thread someone has told the OP this?
    Not everyone reads all the posts/pages before sharing their reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Not to mention, you can uncheck mailboxese on your minimap so it won't show them.
    I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I think what he means is the fact that, typically, you'll want to track "common stuff" on the minimap all the time. You know, innkeepers, food vendors, etc. You dont' want to toggle off and on stuff that you visit regularly.
    Mailboxes, aside from being everywhere, as he mentioned, as almost certainly found outside an auction house and an inn. If you cannot find/do not already know where a mailbox is, you need more help than just the tracking feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Yes, flying around on my badass dragon totally ruins my immersion in this medieval fantasy setting.

The only people who hate flying mounts are gankers and masochists, and Blizzard needs to stop catering to them as if they are an important demographic.

This. Not being able to fly ruins immersion for me. Who hasn't the the "whoa" feeling when finally being able to explore anywhere you want to after being on foot for so long?

Sadly, Blizzard has been catering to much to the vocal minority since the failure of hard Cata dungeons. I'm always eager to see if they'll learn their lesson with the next patch or expansion. Alas, they haven't learned yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    I don't know about where you live, but here in my city there are hundreds, if not thousands of mailboxes. And I'm just referring to the ones you send mail with. Obviously there are a million mailboxes, one for each building/house/apartment. Orgrimmar is meant to hold the vast majority of the Orcs. The in-game representation doesn't really do it justice, but if you think of it as a big city, having a lot of mailboxes does make sense.

I think a good chunk of the people on here, and the developers themselves would say that having to go to a mailbox limits your access to things, which is why Moll-e is such a valued item. It's a part of the gameplay and I wouldn't want to see it slashed in favour of convenience. Not everything has to be convenient.
    Can you go to any of the mailboxes and claim your mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is very unlike finding groups or travelling across Azeroth. I love immersion, I dislike conveniences for the sake of being convenient, and I really enjoy travelling.
    reads bolded ... then reads the part about having mailbox as a single button interface toggle ... mind doesn't comprehend

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    If they removed mailboxes where would you sit on your obnoxiously large mount at?
    One of the other hundreds of others? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Not everyone reads all the posts/pages before sharing their reply.

I know. My comment was to point out how silly people look when they don't read....on a discussion forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Mailboxes, aside from being everywhere, as he mentioned, as almost certainly found outside an auction house and an inn. If you cannot find/do not already know where a mailbox is, you need more help than just the tracking feature.
    I think the only mailbox i struggled to find blind was the Timeless isle one. Now i must be unique to the OP as i...wait for it...remembered where it was and therefore didnt have to track it again.

Sorry for being sarcastic but bloody come on. Do people actually spend time thinking of things to moan about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going through three or four different steps (however simple) just to look at my in-game mail, is not something I enjoy.
    Step 1: walk to mailbox
    Step 2: click mailbox
    Step 3: click mail item
    Step 4: read mail

or your proposed solution

Step 1: click mailbox (interface button)
    Step 2: click mail item
    Step 3: read mail

You saved a whole step there. I mean, I could at least consider your argument if you didn't already whine that they're everywhere, seriously, you need to and complain about tracking something that you complain are everywhere, infesting the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I think the only mailbox i struggled to find blind was the Timeless isle one. Now i must be unique to the OP as i...wait for it...remembered where it was and therefore didnt have to track it again.

Sorry for being sarcastic but bloody come on. Do people actually spend time thinking of things to moan about?
    I'll be honest, I don't even know where that is, I spend so little time there nowadays, someone in general said it was a vendor, or maybe near a vendor, not sure? When I do go there, mail is either not really something I need to sort out, or, often I'm there on my engineer for MOLL-E

Once Blizzard goes through with the cash shop, which is very likely next expansion, we will probably see a similar mail system to GW2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I don't even know where that is, I spend so little time there nowadays, someone in general said it was a vendor, or maybe near a vendor, not sure? When I do go there, mail is either not really something I need to sort out, or, often I'm there on my engineer for MOLL-E
    Its one of those little back packers you see in Kun Lai Summit outside of the inn, standing where you would normally find a mailbox

It's a grummle on some sort of animal that is a "mail runner". You talk to him and "give" him your mail.

It's cute. It's immersive. I'm sure the RP'ers love it.

The interface mail thing in GW2 is just one of the thousands of little details of why other MMO's fail and WoW hasn't.

Blizzard added a ton of mailboxes for convenience, but still stuck to the core principle that it's kind of hard to mail a letter, without a mail box (or a mail runner).
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-10-20 at 07:06 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt mind them removing some of them because theres so many but at least leave as many as there were in vanilla/tbc times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Its one of those little back packers you see in Kun Lai Summit outside of the inn, standing where you would normally find a mailbox
    What you did there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    i wouldnt mind them removing some of them because theres so many but at least leave as many as there were in vanilla/tbc times
    I dont see what the beef is with them, they are hardly game breaking ffs. I hardly notice them unless im looking for one